Aaaaaaaaaaaaand DRINK!

Hat tip to reader Lauren for finding this one in today’s PG.

“I’m sure at some point next week you will hear from us as we continue to move forward, whether that’s another formal meeting, or a decision one way or the other,” the mayor said.

An excuse to drink before 11:00 a.m.?  You’re so welcome.

1. Patrick
    January 25, 2007 11:49 am

Wait… we need an excuse?

2. The Comet
    January 25, 2007 1:07 pm

Okay. Now he’s just saying that to score free media from you. NTTAWWT.

3. Tim
    January 25, 2007 3:20 pm

Good thing/too bad you didn’t hear Lukey on the radio this morning – you would have to re-stock the liquor cabinet by 10:30 a.m.

4. Chuck
    January 29, 2007 7:39 pm

Pittgirl,
    I may have to jump on this Lukey drinking game thingie since my game has now disapeared.
    It involved turning on the Lynn Cullen tv show at any point during its broadcast. Within 2 minutes if she mentioned Bush/Santorumn/Hart along with some type of derogurity statement about them/Iraq/the economy a shot needed to be taken.
    Well now that they all lost she has calmed down.
    Hence the need for Lukey to ramp up my afternoon drinking.

5. RIchmond K. Turner
    January 29, 2007 10:10 pm

All right. It was funny and everything. But now Luke’s doing the whole “move forward” thing when talking about the simply unbelievably tragic death of a 17-year-old North Catholic High School student. From the Post-Gazette:

The mayor was visiting North Catholic, his alma mater, to present awards to the winners of an essay contest titled “Dear Mayor Ravenstahl, I love Pittsburgh because???”

He commended the quick response of the police who quickly arrested Mr. Rodriguez, who fled and hid under a nearby porch after the crash.

“We want to continue to move forward and do anything we can to assure this doesn’t happen again,” he said.

I bet the parents of this dead girl can’t wait to move forward.

6. Dano
    January 30, 2007 9:34 am

You know…I never paid attention to Mayor Lukey and his ‘moving forward’ comments until I started reading this blog…I even heard it on the news this AM…felt like taking a drink….darn you Pittgirl! Darn you and your hotty-ness!!