But there’s no NUDITY!

An Upper St. Clair teacher resigned her position after school officials learned that she and her husband had filmed portions of a horror movie they are producing, “The Killer Inside You,” at the high school.

Mr. Cantrell said some players had carried chain saws into the school, but the saws were not activated. In one scene, he said, an actress named Brenna Lee Roth, who is no longer in the film, is shown entering a classroom and shooting Mrs. Cantrell in the head using a 9 mm handgun loaded with blanks.

“I felt really good about shooting a horror film using no nudity to tell a story,” he said.

There’s a lot of things we can feel really good about.  Giving blood.  Helping an old lady across the street.  Painting churches.  Curing cancer.

Fliming a horror movie wherein students carry chainsaws and an actress pretends to shoot a woman in the head … ALL without nudity?  BRAVO!  Bravo Mr. Cantrell.  You’re the good citizen of the year!

No nudity.  I don’t feel worthy.  I’m going to go save some homeless people or something so I can feel better about myself.

Hat tip to hot reader Honda Driver.

1. Critic
    January 30, 2007 9:38 am

None of this is surprising given what passes for “art” these days. Its easier to film violence with chain saws and guns than it is to write dialogue and make something like “My Dinner with Andre”, for example.

2. Ms. Caroline
    January 30, 2007 11:21 am

The 18 – 24 year old target audience likes gore & boobies.

3. RIchmond K. Turner
    January 30, 2007 12:48 pm

Brenna Lee Roth? David Lee Roth’s son is here and living among us yinzers? Who knew?

4. Clarion
    January 30, 2007 1:18 pm

I’m glad someone is finally making a movie i can feel good about showing to my children

5. Pinto Alegre
    January 30, 2007 9:56 pm

I want to know if Mrs. Cantrell is one of the women showing her panties in the ad on the movie web site. Woah!

6. jamie
    February 4, 2007 1:09 pm

isn’t brenna a girl? so not his son. but isn’t she in a bunch of action movies? (spider man) i wonder how much it cost them to get her. she has pictures up on her myspace page. doubt she knows what happened yet.

myspace.com/brennaleeroth

7. vasteve
    February 4, 2007 11:48 pm

She was a teacher…and she did not feel at all uncomfortable with the imagery she was using?…MMM…soounds like USC needs to revisit their hiring standards!