Lucky ass rodent.

Seeing as I’m tired of being cold (and the fact that this has been a relatively mild winter, you understand how much of a sissy I am), and seeing as it’s going to be in the negative digits this weekend, and seeing as I’m not heading to Cancun until August this year, this warms the icicles off of my heart:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Also, lucky ass rodent, because I was fully prepared to write a post that we should be allowed to shoot the fat bastard if he predicted six more weeks of winter.

Also, Don Schwenneker of WTAE spent this morning broadcasting live from Punxy while wearing a ridiculous groundhog hat. The Schwenneker plus groundhog hat? Awesome.

And finally on the weather, if Demetrius Ivory does not cease referring to negative digits as “chilly” I’m going to flip. Chilly is like maybe 50 degrees. Minus 2 degrees is “Godhelpmemyeyebrowsjustfelloff.”

1. aj
    February 2, 2007 10:04 am

Just thought I would be a jerk and mention I just returned from Riveria Maya this Wednesday. Boy was it great down there. Definitly turned into a good week to run and hide down south!

2. pittgirl
    February 2, 2007 10:45 am

Jerk.

3. The Comet
    February 2, 2007 1:24 pm

So, Punxatawny Phil buys into that man-made global warming crap. Figures, since he’s not implicated.

4. Martha
    February 2, 2007 2:12 pm

I was listening to ‘DVE this morning and they talked to Schwenneker. For those fans of his recipe blog, he will be posting a recipe for the offical Punxy Phil groundhog cookies. I thought he was going to have the recipe for the chili dogs they were selling up there at 3:00 a.m. YUCK!

5. spoon
    February 2, 2007 3:27 pm

those were all Sheetz death dogs they were serving.

Groundhog Day would be alot cooler “not chilly-er” if they would let people drink again. What fun is it getting frostbite in the middle of a friggin field if you can’t be tanked or a little buzzed.

6. Woy
    February 2, 2007 3:34 pm

If you’ve never been to Punxy for Groundhog Day and can still swing it, it is probably the most entertaining display of rural/juvenile/collegiate debauchery ever on display this side of the Mississippi and north of the Mason-Dixon line.