Ben’s new girlfriend?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

“Long time reader first time emailer” Pat wrote me:

Hey, PittGirl,

Wanted to let you know that my friend in LA saw Ben Roethlisberger walking down the street on Super Bowl Sunday with Missy Peregrym, who apparently was in some movie called “Stick It” about gymnastics. Looking at her IMDB page, she’s definitely a trade-up from Natalie Gulbis.

Also, rumor is that she’s joining the cast of Heroes, one of PittGirl’s favorite shows. So she’s young, hot, and very into sports (according to her IMDB bio), so it makes perfect sense that she’d be into someone who knows how to drink. Like a champion.

1,211 Comments

1. steeler fan
    September 15, 2008 5:41 pm

what if ben saw the comments from bronco and believed that haley was telling her dad all this stuff? wouldnt that make haley look stupid? I think haleys dad was right to let everyone know that this info from bronco was untrue. sportygal, lighten up. haleys dad has a right to speak just like you, and personally, i think bronco is still posting under a different name. he sounds like a real jerk to me. haleys dad, you did say that ben and haley talked on the phone, do they still talk? are they just like friends or something?

2. _tina_
    September 15, 2008 8:29 pm

Are you for real sportygal? I didn’t think the main jest of haleys dads comments was trying to convince anyone what a wonderful parent he was or how great Haley is. I understood him as trying to convince us what a liar bronco was. Seriously, is comprehension a problem for you? Sounds to me like the dad told this bronco person some stuff and bronco decided to post the info with very personal info on the net. If I was the dad, i would definitely be finding out who it was and knocking his or hers teeth out! Haleys dad – good luck finding bronco. sportygal, you sound like a real bitch to be honest.

3. SportyGal85
    September 15, 2008 9:50 pm

As for me being a bitch, bullshit, moving along. My point is that he shouldn’t be trying to convince us of anything. If someone started a rumor about my child, do you think I’d give a damn what people on the internet thought? If Haley, Bronco, or her dad walked past you, me, or anyone else here on the street, would we know? Of course not. So, why worry with us? As I said earlier, in the time spent here with us, he could’ve found Bronco already. While he, his daughter, and now her friends are all here with us, the person who started this is either a) laughing at all of them, or b) has already moved on.

4. B
    September 15, 2008 10:32 pm

Kumbaya, folks! : )

That being said, what the hell is “jest”? Oh, the writer must have meant “gist”. Seriously, for the love of all that’s holy, if you’re going to insult someone (on a blog, no less) please get your spelling/grammar/punctuation together. Tina, honey, that shit is sub-par–and that’s just real talk. Throwing the b-word around is a little out of pocket. To compound it with sixth-grade writing errors makes it look even more immature. If you’re going to insult someone, do it properly.

That being said. IT’S A FREAKING BLOG. As in “For Entertainment Puropses Only”. Ben doesn’t care. Ben’s girfriend/girlfriend that doesn’t exist doesn’t care. Lighten up.

5. _tina_
    September 15, 2008 11:10 pm

Umm….speaking of “spelling/grammar/punctuation” errors, what the hell is a “girfriend”? Also, immediately following “that being said”, shouldn’t that be a comma and not a period? One more, is it proper to begin a sentence with “As in”? What a ridiculous joke you are. Not only are you another “know it all”, now you can speak for others and say what they do or do not care about? You people are absolutely hilarious! No wonder Haley’s dad can’t get through to you people.

6. SportyGal85
    September 15, 2008 11:16 pm

(deep, heavy sigh)I’m not speaking anymore on this tonight.
    I just came back to say Hi to B :D .

7. B
    September 15, 2008 11:28 pm

Ah, Tina! Good job! I am glad to know I could be of service! I’m almost disappointed with the fact that you actually went for that. However, the fact that I helped you realize that you really are good at grammar makes me feel better. I am so happy that I was able to help you out. You are very welcome : )

At the risk of repeating myself, it’s a blog. The name-calling is not necessary. People are just having fun.

Hey, Sporty! I hope all is well!

8. ^meb^
    September 16, 2008 6:15 am

Having fun is great until you start posting peoples name, job, and home location. I think the fun gets ruined at that point if you are the unfortunate one being talked about. Grow up people. The dad makes a point I think.

9. proud to be a minion
    September 17, 2008 12:45 am

Ummm I dont believe any of this Haley story at all. I thinis its oneperson doing it all.

10. SportyGal85
    September 17, 2008 1:21 pm

Shhh! We mustn’t express any criticism at all of that story or people will get upset… ;) .

11. heidi
    September 21, 2008 8:54 pm

I know anyone can watch the game, but does anyone find it surprising that Missy posted about the Steelers game and mentioned ‘Big Ben’ on her myspace page.

12. Kay
    September 21, 2008 9:23 pm

Old girl still won’t let it go. Poor thing. She’s a very pretty girl with a career–posting about “Big Ben” on what (hopefully) is a private page? Girls do dumb shit like that all the time. We all did stuff like that in high school, but damn. She got some good publicity when they were dating, she should be happy with that and keep it movin’.

13. SportyGal85
    September 22, 2008 7:40 am

Heidi, Kay, I saw that too. Very desperate. Does anyone know if they are still together? I don’t think they are b/c that was hella bold on her part…

Oh, yes, her page is private, which makes her throwing that thing about Ben and the Steelers game on the ONLY part that’s public seem all the more suspicious…

Kay, you stole my words on that one. I was on my way here to post the same thing (lol)!

14. heidi
    September 22, 2008 9:19 am

You guys make sense. I still wonder though if they are together. I know logically it seems they are not. Logistics are not there for them. But for some reason I just get a feeling they are together. Maybe just casually.

Let’s hope she doesn’t always have to refer to him as Big Ben. lolol

Or maybe she needs more publicity and that was her way of doing it.

15. SportyGal85
    September 22, 2008 9:30 am

With emphasis on “just casually,” Heidi. I think that may be the extent of whatever, if anything, that is left between them…

16. heidi
    September 22, 2008 11:55 am

You are probably right SG.
    Ben can be a bit sneaky but I just think something would have been mentioned if they were together.
    Break-ups happen all the time but it just seems as if this one happened all the sudden. She was with family for at least 2 basketball games in OK, and we know Ben blew off her being mentioned at the one where they called her his gf, but then maybe a week later she’s history?
    Maybe they are just casual friends or last minute dates to events. No idea and didn’t think I really cared but her post I guess intrigued me.

17. liz
    September 22, 2008 11:59 am

I am too lazy to reread all the posts here. But wasn’t there mention of Ben telling that Haley chick he was single? Not that I buy whole story but I just wondered.

Got to wonder if Missy ever bothers to read these posts here or other places. I would think most actresses don’t care because they are busy but she isn’t quite as busy or in demand much anymore. So I wonder if she reads these and wonders if a quarter of it is true.

Even if I didn’t believe most of it. I’d have to wonder if some were true and that would suck. You are not allowed to mention you are dating, if they are, yet he’s out possibly sleeping with anyone and everyone. I couldn’t deal with that. Not that I have to worry about having that problem.

18. kim
    September 22, 2008 12:02 pm

I just have to say that if they are dating then she is a fool. Not because of what is rumored or said about him. But if I had been dating a guy for over a year and can’t yet be acknowledged then I would not be pleased. Not saying he needs to just blurt it out, but no sightings? Meaning they are undercover I assume. Even in Vancouver he’d be recognized. Yet nothing! What a nice relationship!
    Or maybe she isn’t a fool and is having a blast with his money. If that’s the case then I guess they are both getting what they want.
    Maybe thats the life of a celeb couple.

19. mel
    September 22, 2008 12:13 pm

I hope people are not stalking her myspace now lol. I would write anything i want to it’s her personal myspace.

20. S
    September 22, 2008 5:54 pm

Does she say go Steelers and Big Ben or something to that effect? To reference a boyfriend as “Big Ben” even if he is a pro quarterback seems strange to me. And if it is on her public part of her myspace page seems strange as well. Wouldn’t you just say Good Luck Ben”? The Big Ben name is like a public name, a stage name if you will, and just sounds funny to me. Unless she has been told to call him “Big Ben” all of the time? lol.

21. SportyGal85
    September 22, 2008 7:50 pm

No, she said, “Missy is watching the Steelers play…Big Ben…?” S, that’s at least the fourth time I’ve heard someone mention how strange the whole calling him “Big Ben” thing is (lol). Strange is the operative word here. All this is strange…Anyway, let me stop procrastinating and go read the 200pgs or so I’ve been neglecting. Grad school is so much fun ;) .

22. heather
    September 22, 2008 8:43 pm

SG, the mention of grad school just chilled me. lolol
    I am finishing up Bachelors now and getting ready to look into masters programs. Had some early acceptances but just can’t even think about more school right now. Hats off to you. I think my brain is fried just from undergrad degree, which is scary since undergrad isn’t all that tough.

23. sarah
    September 24, 2008 12:00 am

I have not read through all the posts here but I read the last few. Regarding the myspace page I am not sure if things have changed but in the past it wasn’t Missy who updated her personal page. It is usually her sister. So that could be why Big Ben was mentioned. I hope.
    And while I am not claiming this is true, my boyfriends sister went to the Phil. game. She works for the Eagles and handles their box and VIP seating.She’s basically just an intern so she isn’t privy to VIP name lists or anything. She said she is pretty sure it was Missy at the game with maybe her sister. A brunette who resembled Missy was with her, so it wasn’t Ben’s sister. She said she was with who she thought was Ben’s dad but never saw Ben’s mom. She doesn’t know what Ben’s mom looks like exactly but did not see a woman with his dad.
    What threw her a bit was that they were not seated in the VIP or private boxes so that is why she wasn’t positive but I know for away games his parents are not always in private seats. They were close to some other Steelers parents.
    She wasn’t positive, but there was definitely a brunette with his dad and she said people kind of stared but there wasn’t a mob scene. She did say there were 2 large men with them but she hasn’t ever seen his bodyguards so can’t say it was them.
    Since they were not in VIP seating she had no way to check any lists if she could find a way. So I am not saying for sure it was her. I didn’t see it with own eyes. But she’s not so much a Ben fan so no reason to make things up. Also, a Philly blog mentioned Ben’s gf as being in attendance. If that means anything.

24. sarah
    September 24, 2008 12:03 am

Just wanted to add that before everyone comes down on me and says it’s not true or whatever. I am not claiming it’s true. I am passing along what I was told. I normally don’t believe half of what I read here but I guess I kind of believe this because she had no reason to make it up. She knows I am a fan so she called me.
    Thought I would pass along to see if anyone else from here was at the game and saw anything.

25. leah
    September 24, 2008 11:30 am

Maybe she went as a friend. We know she doesn’t update her own myspace page. she said that during an interview for a magazine last year. She stated she wasn’t good at it and someone else did it for her. At least that explains the childish stuff that is usually on there. The one where she went off on the cast of Gossip Girl was kind of funny but immature. Especially since their cast stood up for Reapers right before that.
    I don’t find it unbelieveable that she went to game, if she did. They could be friends still. Or dating. If I could swing tickets from him I know I would go!

26. sarah
    September 24, 2008 3:44 pm

Maybe Missy was there with Kendra-Hef’s girlfriend from Girls Next Door.lol She was on list for private box seats. Is she dating either a Steeler or an Eagles player?
    Well I guess Eagles since she is huge Eagles fan.

27. SportyGal85
    September 24, 2008 5:39 pm

Rumor has it Kendra is engaged to some guy on the Eagles. She said, per her Myspace page ironically enough, that it’s not true. People in the Philly suburbs have been seing her in random places like grocery stores and mals though…

28. S
    September 24, 2008 5:44 pm

I’ll never say anybody is making anything up on this blog- I said before I’m not privy to any sightings at all where I live. But what is the name of the philly blog called so we can check it out? Maybe she does live in Pittsburgh when she is not filming and her sisters come and visit her. But you would think you would see her out and about sometimes. Even if only in Ben’s neighborhood. And pictures, there is no pictures? Ever?

29. proud to be a minion
    October 29, 2008 8:58 am

I think this thread finally died?

The relationship must be over!

30. Jeez
    October 30, 2008 8:41 pm

On the contrary, Missy attended the Giants game and will be gracing our Steelers for our MNF duel in Washington.

However, someone might want to inform her that the game is being played on Monday, not Tuesday. Hence the title, Monday Night Football.

Congratulations, Pittsburgh. You now have your very own brunette version of Jessica Simpson. A cute airhead.

I guess money can buy love. Brains on the other hand…not so much.

31. megan
    October 30, 2008 10:04 pm

where did u get this information? did someone see her at the giants game or is this another myspace type post?

32. Sarah
    October 31, 2008 1:29 am

Missy’s Myspace Page-

Missy is going to the Steelers/Redskins game on Tuesday Night, Yeah!!!!

As much as it pains me to say this, I am pretty sure even Jessica Simpson knows that Monday Night Football occurs on Mondays.

Yes I understand Missy is from Canada, but after being in a relationship with a NFL player for as long as she has you would think one would know this. My boyfriend is obsessed with martial arts. I could care less about all the moves in UFC fighting, but I can at least name you some. If you care about someone and are around them as long as these two have you should know, understand, and respect the basics of their craft.

33. Trish
    October 31, 2008 5:22 am

I love how all these people say Missy has a MySpace but there’s nothing on MS to indicate she does. For all you know it could be someone screwing with you–as long as the account is attached to a legit e-mail you can get a MS, which means that anyone could make up an Yahoo or Hotmail address and use it for the MS. So all of you claiming it, put up the address!

34. Jeez
    October 31, 2008 8:16 am

Trish~

Don’t sound all mad. Hint: Missy is a nickname.

And after that lovely performance Ben had with the Giants, let’s just say I would definitely start the other QB when it comes to fantasy, folks. Between Benny skipping out on a team event (that lots of people paid lots of money to attend) he was a no-show, and then there was the 4INT outing. Now she’s coming to the Redskins game. She’s officially a jinx if they don’t win Monday.

35. Jeez
    October 31, 2008 8:19 am

…And Sarah, very good point. However, since she recently referred to him on MS as “Big Ben” (my god…) one may deduce that she is more interested in him as celebrity than anything else. Plenty of people have boyfriends/girlfriends for status reasons.

36. Sarah
    October 31, 2008 11:49 am

True. I am not one of her “friends” on her Myspace page- I guess you have to be on a first name basis with her for that.

If her sister is the one updating the page, maybe she wrote it Tuesday while they were getting ready for the game.

I know that people have boyfriends/girlfriends for status reasons/looks/money; but, for the amount of time they have been “together” there has to be something there. Wedding Bells this off season? My how I wish I’ve already passed the Bar so I can help Ben draft that pre-nup.

37. Jeez
    October 31, 2008 12:17 pm

He’ll need it. I think Reaper is not coming back until mid-season, so that probably is not going to last. She’s had interviews saying she wants to get married and be a mom, so maybe there will be wedding bells this offseason!

38. SportyGal85
    October 31, 2008 12:53 pm

Ah, I knew this place would be back up and humming before long! Where do I start?
    Trish, actually MisPer does indeed have a myspace. I remember seeing it at one point. I think something has been done to hide it or it may be b/c hers doesn’t have screenname attached, just an id number. My own page is like that and I can’t find it in the search either, ironically. As for posting the link, call me crazy, but I don’t think people should. I shudder to think what might happen if some super obsessed person got her url. However, those who say they’ve seen it aren’t lying, it does exist.

As for them getting married…not holding my breath. If they were that serious, you’d think he’d be trying to get her out into the community more. Right now, it seems she can go anywhere that pics of them won’t be taken. As has been said here b/f Peyton is private about his wife too, but he still takes pics with and brings her to high profile events sometimes. I just can’t see him suddenly marrying someone he doesn’t even want the public to know exists. As for that interview where she said she wanted to be a Mom, she also went on to say that she realizes she can’t rush that. I took that to mean it’s not happening in the near future.

39. Not Again...
    October 31, 2008 1:18 pm

Great. Missy back in town as of last week– really hope the skipping of the runway show and that crap game he played on Sunday isn’t a sign of things to come. They don’t need to lose this game to the Redskins. Maybe we should be more worried about Ben’s personal cheerleader, instead of the Redskins cheerleaders, lol.

40. Trish
    October 31, 2008 6:41 pm

If the MS is private, you’d have to ask to be friended, you can’t just get in. If it’s not, comments and stuff still have to be approved and you need a password to get in (my MS for my website is public but all comments and requests are screened).

LOL, I remember Ashley Manning doing an interview with some Indy magazine about three years ago mainly because people didn’t believe she existed. :D She only started appearing with Peyton after the Colts won the Super Bowl, although her best (and most subtle) appearance was in the United Way sketch when Peyton hosted “Saturday Night Live”–she was the blonde on the bench that Peyton tries to hook up with by having a little girl run up to her yelling “Mommy, Mommy” and Peyton says “No, Sally, Mommy’s dead, remember?” I’ve heard a lot of interesting things about that relationship but I don’t want to hijack the thread further.

41. Not Again...
    October 31, 2008 7:58 pm

Trish–you’re way off.

My myspace account is private. However, my pic, status, and message in the exteneded network box still show.

And yes, that SNL was awesome. I’m not a huge Manning fan, but he was great on SNL.

42. SportyGal85
    October 31, 2008 11:23 pm

Trish, you wouldn’t happen to have heard the same rumors about the Manning relationship that I have by any chance, would you?

43. B
    November 1, 2008 12:10 am

Uh oh, Sporty’s back in the house!! I’ve been on hiatus for awhile, too. : )

About Manning, one of my friends who lives in my home state (Florida–don’t live there anymore) went to UT and Manning goes back to Knoxville a lot. Feel free to message me. It’s quite a funny story.

44. Trish
    November 1, 2008 7:31 am

Exactly, NA–that’s all that can be seen if you’re not a friend of the place. As I said, I have my own MS and know very well how it works.

Sporty–what rumors would those be? ;)

45. S
    November 1, 2008 12:25 pm

Wow- I thought this thread was dead! I did see Missy’s myspace page- just the 1st page and she was wishing all Canadiens a happy thanksgiving and then changed the quote to saying Missy is going to the Steelers/Redskins game. It always refers to “Missy is” all of the time so I do think she does not update it so maybe it is her sister. It is her page though- there is a family pic on the page. Like I said before though, it must be nice to constantly fly in for NFL games and then go home and live with your parents and then fly back in to stay with your boyfriend and then fly out to out of town games! She did something right or was in the right place at the right time two years ago!

46. Not Again...
    November 1, 2008 1:10 pm

It always says your name unless you change it. Mine has my first name and it’s set to private. I just never changed it. So when I change my status it says my name and what I’m doing.

Home girl struck gold. 102 mil AND citizenship if she plays her cards right.

47. SportyGal85
    November 2, 2008 12:11 pm

Beezy! :D (Smooches) Hi, babe!

Trish, I’ll e-mail you…as soon as I get out from under this load of grad school reading.

48. B
    November 5, 2008 1:43 am

Found this on another blog and it’s freaking hilarious! Enjoy!

Dear Missy~

It has become apparent over the last few days that you are hell-bent on becoming Pittsburgh’s answer to Jessica Simpson, please take heart. Whether it’s your spelling of the word “would” as “woul” or not quite understanding that MNF takes place on Mondays, it’s kinda embarrassing. We can deal with you being a bit of a jinx and all, but the dumb act is just too much. Since we all know that you have no intention of letting your meal-ticket/citizenship-getter go and that you’ll be around Pittsburgh from here on out (specifically when Reaper is cancelled) we respectfully ask that you at least try not to sound so dumb. I know your boyfriend probably thinks it’s hot, but the rest of us just find it annoying.

Thanks so much,

Steeler Nation

49. b&g fever
    November 5, 2008 2:58 pm

Did anyone else see one of the last episodes of the season in May? She had her hands around the throat of the boyfriend? I understand why she asked the writers to make her character more tough because it must have been getting boring for her. That however is ridiculous. I recommend she spend a month as a volunteer in a shelter for abused women and children and see how funny she thinks it is after that experience. As a role model, even in character she should not be approaching any person in that manner, and certainly not a guy you are dating. Some young girl watching that show might decide to try that with a boyfriend and find out some guys hit back! Maybe Ben thinks everything she does is wonderful but I wonder if his parents have seen that episode and what they think?

50. megan
    November 10, 2008 6:59 pm

i just looked up melissa peregrym on myspace, you don’t have to add her to see her mood status. her mood says ” missy thinks that she’s earned a trip to hawaii, don’t you think?” i think she is a gold digging ho! in a previous post (don’t feel like looking up the #) some waitress said that she heard ben talking about a girl that they thought was some haley chick.something along the lines of ” all i have to do is buy her something and she lets me do what i want” (not a direct quote obviously!) i definitely think that he was talking about missy! and not haley