Deep thoughts on cold weather

1. Yesterday, I was so cold it actually made me mad.

2. Yesterday, I got a brain freeze just by breathing in the cold air. Swear it.

3. Yesterday, as I left for work, my car thermometer indicated that it was -3 degrees outside. Today, it indicated it was 9 degrees outside. Today, it is going up to 20 degrees which after -3 degrees is going to feel positively balmy. I hope my boss doesn’t think I’m underdressed in my flip-flops.

4. Today, my damn windshield wiper fluid thingies were frozen shut and I didn’t realize it until I really needed those bastards. I spent most of my commute peering through a teeny hole of clear glass and praying that I was still driving on the road and not so much someone’s yard.

5. Today, I’d really like to live south of the Mason Dixon line.

1. Robert
    February 7, 2007 8:21 am

South of the Mason Dixon line in Wild, Wonderful West Virginia, it is a balmy 10 degrees with several inches of snow. I’m sure the Panthers will feel right at home here this evening.

2. pittgirl
    February 7, 2007 8:23 am

Okay, anywhere south of the Mason Dixon line that is NOT West Virginia. :)

3. Dano
    February 7, 2007 9:12 am

Come on now Pittgirl….everything is relative in WV!

4. Alfred
    February 7, 2007 9:19 am

Nothing like biscuits and gravy on a cold Beckley morning after firing up the still.

5. Annette
    February 7, 2007 9:33 am

My cousin from Florida was complaining how cold it was there…only 65 degrees. AGH.

February 7, 2007 10:27 am

Alfred,

Here we go, still-ers, here we go!

7. Do'neese
    February 7, 2007 1:07 pm

*long time reader and by very first mail to you*

I feel your pain. I found my self suffering from what can only be described as ‘nipple wind burn’. no matter how much moisterizer I used Yesterday morning the temp and wind cut through it and caused some serious damage. but today, when it gets 20 degrees, I’m goin topless. for healing purposes only and in the privacy of my own home of course.

8. PittinDC
    February 7, 2007 1:12 pm

I’m south of the Mason Dixon line in DC and there is snow and 20 degree weather is here. Also, then you have to live with the fact that you live below the Mason Dixon line.. and life just isn’t as good down here.

9. PittinNC
    February 7, 2007 2:05 pm

Word, PittinDC. I’m in Charlotte, and it is sunny and 50 degrees, but the weather is no consolation for putting up with life in the south!

10. Sofa King
    February 7, 2007 3:43 pm

Amen to that, PittinDC. I too am from Pitt, and I, too live in DC…I too am sick of it and ready to move back…

11. Sofa King
    February 7, 2007 3:43 pm

Yayy!!! I can post again without setting off the spam blocker!

12. Jay
    February 8, 2007 4:04 pm

I live below the Mason-Dixon Line, so it’s a little bit warmer….the down side is that I’m stuck living in Baltimore surrounded by jagoff Ravens fans.

I’d rather have the 10-15 degree cold weather swing.