Morning thoughts by PittGirl

1. It should be illegal for a radio commercial to use a police siren as a background noise. Damn near caused an accident slamming on my brakes.

2. This totally explains why whenever I’m speaking to a man who is very sweaty, with big armpit stains, and a decidedly pungent nose-burning odor emanating from his pores, I am overcome with the strong desire to bed him immediately. Seriously, as a woman, I can tell you that this study is a load of shit. (Hat tip to my friends over here.)

3. We might get up to eight inches of snow tomorrow. I’m kind of not happy about that.

4. Why are you going to jump into the icy river below, causing a big rescue operation, if you don’t really want to die? I will never understand the mentally unstable.

5. I haven’t seen a pigeon in a week. Do you think they’re up to something?

1. lil
    February 12, 2007 10:09 am

re: #2 – ewwww. I really hope no guys read this, there are too many sweaty guys as it is, now think they’ll think it’s making us hot!

2. Bob
    February 12, 2007 10:12 am

#1 — I’ve said the exact same thing for years. I make it a point to change the dial anytime a station plays a commercial with a siren in it. Also, I hit the dial the second I hear the phrase “We’re here with JJ General Manager.”

3. Judge Rufus Peckham
    February 12, 2007 10:19 am

Re: #1: I get jumpy when I hear the phone ring on a radio commercial.

4. billybob
    February 12, 2007 10:44 am

i enjoy the radio commercial sirens and horns’a’tooting. it wakes me up, and that’s a GOOD THING when you’re behind the wheel.

February 12, 2007 10:45 am

Too late, lil. Maybe I’ll just skip that shower today. You ready for me, PittGirl? ;-) BTW, should be nothing this time of year help Burgh guys work up a lather like shoveling a good, hard 8 inches, if you know what I mean, ladies.

6. coolmommy123
    February 12, 2007 11:15 am

I DEFINITELY agree with nixing the sirens on the radio. Doesn’t “wake me up” as much as it “freaks me out!” Not cool.

7. Julie_Gong
    February 12, 2007 11:23 am

I’m really not happy about the 8inches of snow tomorrow. Actually its the ice, sleet and whatever else is going to happen along with all that snow. I wish my work had 2 hour delays or cancelations. No one needs beer on a day like that.

8. pittgirl
    February 12, 2007 11:42 am

Now I’m going to sit here and wait for the comments to roll in about MY GOD, WE DO NEED BEER ON DAYS LIKE THAT — ESPECIALLY DAYS LIKE THAT, JULIE GONG!

9. dwight
    February 12, 2007 1:11 pm

Who knew I’d hate the idea of getting 8 inches?!

Plus, I agree about the cerveza! Jules, we need beer on days like that! We need beer EVERY day! Well, not NEED NEED, but we need to know we can get it if we need to.

About sweaty guys: If the guy is hot, love the sweat if it results in a musky scent. But there’s a fine line between musk and funk!

10. GenieBottle
    February 12, 2007 1:22 pm

No, the commercials on the radio about a many’s erectile dysfunction get me. I really hate those. I also hate the commercials that tell you to call this number to find out how these idiots supposedly made thousands per month working from home – that it is “magical” according to the tart on the commercial. And, I REALLLLLY hate any commercials with Rob Pratte. The guy makes up words not the English language and the words that are in the English language he can’t even pronounce. I never heard anyone on the radio that was in love with himself like this asshole.

Thanks, I feel better after that.

11. GenieBottle
    February 12, 2007 1:22 pm

No, the commercials on the radio about a man’s erectile dysfunction get me. I really hate those. I also hate the commercials that tell you to call this number to find out how these idiots supposedly made thousands per month working from home – that it is “magical” according to the tart on the commercial. And, I REALLLLLY hate any commercials with Rob Pratte. The guy makes up words not the English language and the words that are in the English language he can’t even pronounce. I never heard anyone on the radio that was in love with himself like this asshole.

Thanks, I feel better after that.

February 12, 2007 3:39 pm

We need beer EVERY day (demands Bucdaddy as he sips on an Ugly American double IPA from East End Brewing Co.).

13. The Comet
    February 12, 2007 4:45 pm

Yes, those siren commercials SHOULD be illegal. Like, seriously.

In re the ED commercials, I never understood those products that claim to both A) help you get an erection and B) help you last longer. Wouldn’t these be medically, chemically, mutually exclusive? Does it use some kind of “thermos” technology – to keep hot things hot and cold things cold?

Eight Inches of Snow, I’m pretty sure, was the name of an album by rap music artist Snow Man.