Today on WTAE: We’re all going to die.

Have a looky at the WTAE homepage this morning:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

SNOW!

I’ll have you know that all six of those top stories are snow related.

In addition, you can take pictures of your snow and send it in to WTAE, because, you know, we live in Florida and we never see snow in these here parts.

Gawd.

1. Zorro
    February 13, 2007 10:18 am

“Snow Coverage” – get it? Was ‘TAE trying to be clever?

2. Patrick
    February 13, 2007 10:18 am

I noticed that on the wtae site this morning also.. I mean, with this amount of coverage, you’d think a quarterback crashed his bike or something…

3. Anthony
    February 13, 2007 11:28 am

They’re also asking for videos of snow. I’m going to leave work early so I can go video myself sculpting a life-size Marilyn Brooks snowman and send it in for consideration. You will be able to tell it’s Marilyn Brooks by the large colorful scarf I will wrap around the shoulders of the snowman. Technically, I guess that would be a snowwoman and not a snowman, huh? Then again…

4. pittgirl
    February 13, 2007 11:29 am

If you did a Bob Mayo life-size snowman, you’d need a lot less snow. He’s a peanut.

5. Heidi
    February 13, 2007 12:15 pm

I think Jeff Verszyla’s even smaller than Bob.

6. GenieBottle
    February 13, 2007 12:50 pm

How about a Sonni Abatta snow person? Or a Sally Wiggin one, or a Wendy Bell one at that……

7. Anthony
    February 13, 2007 2:22 pm

I couldn’t make a Sally Wiggin snowwoman because the pain of her eventually melting would be more than I could bear. Sigh.

8. John
    February 13, 2007 2:35 pm

I’m going to be going home and working on my Ken Rice snow replica. I’ll be using Bob Evans link sausages for the eyebrows…….

9. spoon
    February 13, 2007 2:54 pm

john, Uncle Charlie’s are much easier to either paint black or glue the fuzz to. Bob Evans shrink too much so you won’t get the plumpy look.

10. Sofa King
    February 16, 2007 1:31 pm

Oh how I miss the vaguely homo-erotic and eerily pedophilic Uncle Charley’s Sausage radio commercials.

Just the memory of that overly peppy, nasal, heavily-lisped voice saying “kids love Uncle Charley’s Sausage” still sends shivers down my spine.