Sid and Sonni sitting in a tree.

Sonni Abatta sat down with Sidney Crosby for an interview. Sonni Abatta also sat down last year with Troy Polamalu.

1. Can somebody please tell me why they send Sonni Abatta to interview all the hot sports players? Doesn’t that piss Bob Pompeani and John “The ‘Stache” Steigerwald off like crazy?

2. What the hell does this mean?

“It’s a friendship, nothing more or less,” Crosby says of his relationship with Lemieux.

Did somebody start a Sidney and Mario gay rumor without me knowing it?

3. Sidney claims that he lives under strict rules because as a “hockey player you have to be a good role model.” Heh. Yes, those are naked girls with painted skin. (Thanks to reader Lauren for the tip. Mondesi’s had it first.)

4. You must read Woy’s thoughts on this interview. Hilarious.

1. Lauren
    February 14, 2007 12:34 pm

1. Sonni gets to interview them because KDKA figures they’ll get better reactions/answers when a hot chick asks questions as opposed to when, you know, someone not so hot asks the questions. That’s why all of Sally Wiggins’ Steelers interviews are rather “blah” : )

2. Someone just needs to give poor Sid a lesson in technology. First, if your gonna take pictures with naked girls, that’s cool (for you), but understand that the likelihood they’ll wind up on the internet is about, oh, 99.999%. Sponsors don’t usually like that. Make sure that if you want to commerate your conquests that you use one of those disposable cameras and burn the negatives. Secondly, if you don’t know how to work your Ipod, you need Geek Squad. Or ask Mario’s kids. I bet they know how to work it and can show you.

3. What’s up with Pittsburgh sports role models? Ben isn’t a shining star either (I’m still waiting for his motorcycle safety PSA.) *Sigh* I guess Troy is going to have to carry all the weight in this department, LOL.

2. karen
    February 14, 2007 12:37 pm

isn’t the naked girl on the right ashlee simpson??

3. Zorro
    February 14, 2007 12:38 pm

He shoots and scores!

4. lil
    February 14, 2007 1:06 pm

Karen -

I thought the same thing!!

5. Kris Beech
    February 14, 2007 2:26 pm

Sonni Abatta definitely chases the puck.

Mark Madden always hammers her because the first time she saw ex-bf Kris Beech he was in the locker room naked. She was an intern at the time.

6. Da Man
    February 14, 2007 2:45 pm

Not true. Know her from college. Madden is full of shhhh!

7. #1 Stunner
    February 14, 2007 3:41 pm

Sonni and I go back like a throw back, she’s the best girl around. She has a great head on her shoulders, so all you haters should get lost.

8. yinzernation.com
    February 14, 2007 4:18 pm

Hey…lay off Sid. Notice that he was fully clothed in that picture. He even had a jacket on. He could have been wearing a “drink like a champion” t-shirt on with a goofy shit-faced grin on his face like a certain other local sports star who happens to be almost 33% older than Sid.

Everytime I hear that kid speak, I get more impressed with his maturity and poise. It’s hard to believe he’s only 19 years old. I’m sure he’s had some great media coaching and has learned to say the right things in the media. Still, you’d expect a 19 year old to slip up and reveal his true immaturity every once in awhile (and it’s to be somewhat expected if/when we will).

Shawna Richer spent an entire year following him last season and wrote a book about her observations. It was a boring read. No reports of wild partying, no ego-maniac, no spending his newfound money like it grew on trees, nothing. Just a down to earth kid with a great head on his shoulders. Again, the book could have been propoganda but I’m just sayin’.

No wonder why Sonni fought for that interview…

9. Aeran
    February 14, 2007 4:21 pm

here’s a goodie…someone want to tell me what liquor stores have to do with the light rail and garbage pickup?

10. Violet
    February 14, 2007 4:21 pm

I don’t know about all of that yinzer. My friend who works at Mellon Arena told me that he can be a royal douche bag.

11. yinzernation.com
    February 14, 2007 5:10 pm

Violet: Nevermind then. He’s a jagoff.

12. Heidi
    February 14, 2007 5:54 pm

I like Sidney, too. Violet, maybe your friend’s a little jealous.

13. Violet
    February 14, 2007 7:29 pm

Maybe. Just thought I’d say what I’ve heard. = ]

14. PittCheMBA
    February 14, 2007 10:49 pm

It is all about the ratings. Remember when KDKA put Sonni in a fighter jet. She screamed her lungs out during the jet ride, but most males were imagining the screams were from another situation. When the plane landed, Sonni pulled her helmet off, did a hair flip, and KDKA showed the hair flip in slow motion.

15. K
    February 15, 2007 8:20 am

Aeran

I saw that headline too and thought – surely Pittgirl will have some great comments about that news item! Any time you combine light rail, garbage pickup and liquor stores in one headline it’s got to peak curiosity.

16. Meg
    March 25, 2007 12:10 pm

Yeah, that was Allison Morris who did the Troy interview, lol

17. fleuryfan8
    April 8, 2007 2:11 pm

I think that you are just in imature and really need to get a life.Maybe you are even jealous. I also think that he is a great guy and I know for a fact that he would not appreciate
    you telling lies about him.So bug of and that goes the same with Talbot.

18. CuriousGeorge
    November 21, 2007 7:37 pm

Who is Sonni getting down on recently anyways?

19. URCORRECT
    January 24, 2008 6:36 pm

HERSELF! ARROGANT B! BUT-ANYONE IS BETTER THAN ALI MORRIS WHAT A HACK-SHE CANT ANCHOR FOR CRAP!

Switch to our mobile site