1. While a pigeon no longer maintains the will to live at -2 degrees, standing outside this morning waiting on my bus, I discovered that a windchill of -15 degrees is when PittGirl no longer maintains the will to live. I kind of wanted to pour my coffee on my head.
2. My office was closed yesterday in honor of the Blizzard of ’07 (or “The Winter Wallop” according to WPXI or “The Winter Blast” at KDKA ). I hope this can become a yearly holiday?
3. WTAE preempted Oprah in order to begin their weather coverage at 4:00 instead of 5:00 p.m. I witnessed 41 minutes (because 41 minutes is the point at which I no longer maintained the will to watch that redundant shit) of the most ludicrous weather coverage EVAH! Stephen Cropper and Don Schwenneker were working in tandem to tell us exactly why it was freezing raining (something to do with warm air, cold air, and rain … that freezes).
At one point, Stephen was sitting at the news desk talking to Wendy and Michelle, and Don was in the background working furiously … FURIOUSLY! … on his computer. Probably on MySpace.
The entire 41 minutes were spent giving previews of what would be on the 5 o’clock news and thanking their plow driver for clearing the WTAE parking lot. I swear it. I got scared that if I rolled my eyes any harder, my eyeballs would pop out of their sockets, so I turned the TV off.
4. WTAE went on ride-alongs with plow drivers, who suddenly began offering commentary like they were those officers on Cops. “We’re just trying to get ahead of the situation as you can see. We’re plowing this road here, and the snow is falling. So, we’re plowing it again. Just doing our jobs out here.”
5. I officially hate winter.