Random n@.

1. According to erieblogs.com, Rebecca Hower is leaving KDKA and heading to Erie where her husband got a job. (hat tip to Spoon)

2. The Steelers love Vegas:

Burgher In LasVegas wrote:

Hello – I read your blog every day and it always makes me laugh! Recently I
moved to Las Vegas (for the winter months). In the Review-Journal paper,
everyday there is a section from NORM with ‘Seen’ celebrities. Recently, lots
of Steelers have been listed as ‘Seen’ in las Vegas – thought you might find it
funny, esp the one about Big Ben Go-Kart Racing (better than riding a
motorcycle???).

From 2/26/07:
At OPM (Forum Shops at Caesars) on Saturday night for Jerome Bettis’ birthday party: Bettis, being presented with a giant yellow-and-black cake (Steelers colors) by 20 beautiful models. Celebrating with their ex-teammate, Clark Haggans, Hines Ward, Vernon Hayes, Willie Parker and James Farrior. … At Pure (Caesars Palace) on Saturday: Harrison Ford, Ben
Roethlisberger, Jared Leto and members of 30 Seconds to Mars …

From 2/28/07:
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, getting his speed fix with friends at Fast Track Indoor Go-Kart Racing on Tuesday. Monday, he and his pals checked out “BODIES…The Exhibition” at the Tropicana. …

From 3/1/07:
Michael Madsen of “Reservoir Dogs,” at Pure (Caesars Palace) on Tuesday for hisbook signing. Also in the house: Jaime Kennedy, in to promote his new film, “Kickin’ It Old School,” and Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Joey Porter.

3. Bill Peduto might want to look up the word “clean” so that the next time he promises to run a clean campaign, he won’t say smack like this:

Minutes before the mayor’s news conference, mayoral challenger Councilman William Peduto charged that the failure of negotiations to produce a deal in more than two months was “what happens when you don’t have someone who has experience” in the mayor’s post.

Hat tip to Chris and Dan.

4. A photo of Ben with the girl he claims he is not dating. Liar. (thanks, Jessica)

1. Woy
    March 7, 2007 9:27 am

Holy hell! I need to e-mail Rebecca and stop her!

After spending her formative years growing up there (I went to high school with her), you’d think she’d know better!

2. Joey
    March 7, 2007 9:41 am

My wife and I concluded that Rebecca is not prego, but just failed to buy new clothes after the last pregnancy.

You’d think a producer would be watching the program and tell her, nicely of course, that some of those outfits make her look like a stuffed sausage.

3. wshicldtel
    March 7, 2007 9:52 am

Why no “mug” shots of Mr. Townsend and his “right-hand” man Ray!!!!!

4. Jeeperz
    March 7, 2007 9:56 am

Yuppers…knew it was too good to last…she is now added to the list…Edie Tarbox…Julie Bologna…Susan Barnett…and now Rebecca Hower…could Sonni be next?

couldnt have been Sally Wiggin…NOOOOO…cant get rid of her with a STICK for cryin out loud

March 7, 2007 11:01 am

Some angles Rebecca looks really good, other angles like a man. Feh. Off you go. Enjoy the lake-effect snow!

6. the_suburbanite
    March 7, 2007 12:05 pm

Can someone take Sally and Marilyn Brooks off our hands instead??

7. Mer-Man
    March 7, 2007 12:09 pm

The Burgh Report had picture of Ben in Vegas with a Playmate last sunday.

8. Jeeperz
    March 7, 2007 12:41 pm

Is it just me or does Big Ben have the “I’m so busted” look on his face? Not the lack of helmet face busted but the “if my girlfriend sees this Im so busted” face

9. Karen
    March 7, 2007 12:43 pm

Actually, Ben didn’t say he wasn’t dating Missy…he was asked by Carson Daly if he “had a girlfriend” to which he replied, “No.”

Dating someone and actually having a girlfriend (which denotes that you are seeing that personal exclusively) are two different things.

10. Karen
    March 7, 2007 12:45 pm

Oops, that should have said “person” (above) not personal.

11. julie
    March 7, 2007 1:00 pm

Wasn’t his girlfriend, person he’s seeing, significant other with him in Vegas?

I thought the “I’m so busted” look on his face was from the fact that the lack of work ethic article by Ron Cook had just came out. Just my interpretation.

12. Ms. Caroline
    March 7, 2007 1:18 pm

Are all the female news/weather people in Pittsburgh married to doctors?

13. female news and doctors
    March 7, 2007 1:45 pm

no, i know of one personally who is married to a regular working guy. ok, not so much a regular regular working guy… but he’s not a doctor, attorney, or c-level exec.

14. spoon
    March 7, 2007 1:53 pm

she’s filling the void in weather babes that was made when Angie Dickson left WICU WAAAAAAY long ago. Watch out Rebecca… Joey Stevens is watching you and wants your soul!

15. callmeishmael
    March 7, 2007 3:20 pm

Here is a 19-year-old kid who created a shipping news blog for Erie. Strange hobby for a teen. I find the whole thing strangely poetic. I hope to never meet this kid, though, I’m sure I’ll be disappointed.

I really should be working and not looking around erieblogs.com.

16. Maria
    March 7, 2007 3:28 pm

Pointing out that someone is follicley challenged could be considered “dirty” or “talking smack.” There’s nothing “dirty” however, in pointing out legitimate differences between candidates like Luke having less than three years governmental experience while Peduto has 20.

Just like when PittGirl points out Luke’s over-reliance on an empty phrase like “moving forward” isn’t “dirty” either, neither is my pointing out that Luke likes to tell folks that birth control is bad.

March 7, 2007 3:35 pm

Now if he’d use a cool slogan like …

Go forward.
    move ahead.
    try to detect it.
    it’s not too late.
    to whip it.
    whip it good.

… he’d be worth supporting.

18. T
    March 7, 2007 3:37 pm

I echo Maria’s comments. Lukey wants Bill to refrain from such CONSTRUCTIVE criticism because Lukey knows that if Bill points the spotlight on Luke’s failings, people will take notice.

Luke dropped the ball, plain and simple, and there’s nothing dirty about pointing that out – “dirty” is lying, telling 1/2-truths, tape-recording people’s conversations, reading their e-mails…

19. PittCheMBA
    March 7, 2007 9:08 pm

The Post Gazette posted an article yesterday about Rebecca Hower leaving KDKA:

It is a sad day in the Burgh.

20. Ruby Vroom
    March 7, 2007 9:56 pm

Re: Ben’s face in the Playmate picture. I think that’s the “Oh shit, this is gonna wind up on Deadspin” face.

21. Sofa King
    March 8, 2007 9:48 am

I bet that Shipping News kid is the life of the party. I think he could really use a nice girl to help scrape the barnacles off his dinghy.

As for Ravenstahl, all I can say is that I am 26, and have a fairly high IQ and management experience and I could only imagine how daunting it would be to take the reins of a city as large and complicated as Pittsburgh. He is inexperienced and has a lot to learn, but I think with time he might be fairly good at what he does. If, at the very least, he mobilizes the younger generation in that city to finally become active and uproot the hegemony of the grey panthers, strongarm unions, and armchair politicos in that city, then that could be worth a vote in and of itself.

I won’t go as far as endorsing him over Peduto simply because I feel that his experience may be better gained in the form of a lower-profile and more manageable position, such as city councilman. Then again, I’m not seeing much more than hot air out of Peduto, either.

22. gunnlino
    March 8, 2007 7:02 pm

Pittgirl there’s an opening at KDKA for a weather person, please turn your attention to this before they hire some dork from Kansas wearing a ill fitting suit.
    Rebecca is a hottie but I know for sure you would make the ‘Burgh forget about her quick as you can say “overnight shooting”.

23. Pinto Alegre
    March 8, 2007 11:28 pm

KDKA should bring Julie Bologna back to the burgh so that the men of Pittsburgh can return to their chronic masturbation while she says “cumulonimbus”.

24. Jeeperz
    March 9, 2007 3:20 pm

Ive already been searching high and low on the web for the next weather girl for Pittsburghs airwaves….I nominate Jackie Guerrido and Mary Gamarra…ratings will be through the roof…and who cares if they cant speak english!

25. Tina
    April 30, 2007 1:10 am

I dont think Missy is his Girlfriend but I do believe he is not necessarly dating Missy but dating her at the time.

Look I dated a guy for 2 months but I was not his Girlfriend, because I we never said I love you. So there?

26. spoon
    April 30, 2007 8:43 am

Since when did saying “I love you” become the starting point for having a girlfriend?