Finally.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I’m surprised he didn’t credit his documented table-pounding outburst.

When the sides met two weeks later, with Lemieux not in attendance, it was a different Rendell on the other side of the table. He played the part of a bully, yelling and pounding the table like a schoolboy.

and

Sources close to the team also have complained about the treatment the Penguins have received from public officials, which included a table-pounding outburst by Mr. Rendell Jan. 18. Last week, the state refused to share interest rate information with the team, creating even more friction.

Well, the Pens are staying and I’m thrilled.  I just can’t shake the feeling that we were all pawns in a ridiculous power struggle with a pre-determined outcome.

Whatever.  Go Pens!!

1. Jess
    March 13, 2007 12:44 pm

I heard “Swendell” pounded his fist on the table until he got his extra large cheesesteak and extra large fries on the side. He makes my skin crawl.

2. spoon
    March 13, 2007 12:51 pm

Ed seriously thinks that people buy his bullshit. He’s the reason why this whole thing was a mess and now he’s trying to be all big and “oh lookit me, i’m the waterboy”. Screw you Ed, screw you.

oh yeah, GO PENS!

3. mer-man
    March 13, 2007 1:49 pm

I’m still going to WV to play blackjack and hold’em instead of the North Side slots.

30 minutes for table games … I’ll do that.

4. Dano
    March 13, 2007 3:14 pm

Preach on mer-man. They better get the slots on the No’side before the WV tables open up, or else they wont make as much money on the slots as they are predicting…and who said them Mountaineers aint smart! YEE HAW

5. Pat
    March 13, 2007 3:15 pm

Thank you, PittGirl, for joining me on the “Ed Rendell sucked at this” train. Don’t forget the interest-rate nondisclosure as well.

Fuckin’ Illadelphians.

6. Sofa King
    March 13, 2007 4:00 pm

I hope that PA has the foresight to open up table games as soon as humanly possible. Knowing the leadership, though, the casinos will probably have to languish for 10 years before anyone even considers it.

7. PittCheMBA
    March 13, 2007 6:50 pm

Here is a link to the best Penguins Blog in the Burgh: http://thepensblog.blogspot.com
    Check it out. The guys that run this are awesome!

March 13, 2007 6:54 pm

Can’t wait to see how enthusiastic yinz will be to pay $75-$100 for peanut-heaven seats to Pens games in two years. Not that I think they won’t be able to sell them. They will. But probably not to Joe Sixpack who’s been supporting the team since 1967.

March 13, 2007 8:41 pm

Oh yeah, and $10 beers.

10. Pinto Alegre
    March 13, 2007 11:32 pm

Rendell was a such a joke in the press conference today. He made it sound like he was the savior of the Penguins — yet he almost lost them when he sat there and slammed his mayonnaise-covered fists onto the table at one of the previous meetings.

And what did Mario call Luke during his talk? Junior or something like that? He snickered about the mayor when he mentioned his name — and then blew smoke up his ass about his involvement in the negotiations.

11. Jess
    March 14, 2007 12:18 pm

I had to turn the TV off when Rendell took center stage during the conference yesterday. Did anyone know why it was held at the History Center … “a neutral place”? It was because Rendell did not want the spotlight to be on Mario, but on himself. Would someone please tell me why this piece of crap was re-elected? Please, just give me one reason – it could not have been for any tax relief, because that just has NOT happened.