Random n@.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1. Wexford’s own Xtina B really cannot shut up about her sex life with her ugly husband. Image now filed in my “Eww!” file, Jordy B dressed in a doctor’s outfit holding a doctor’s bag full of sex toys.

2. Spotted on a flight to the Burgh from Philadelphia, Extreme Makeover hottie Ty Pennington. Do you think he’s here to build PittGirl a house? Awesome. (hat tip to Brian T.)

3. Why KDKA needs to can their four o’clock news. Two days ago, Ken Rice reported that some kids in Illinois are trying to get an official state fruit named. That is sooooo interesting to me here in the Burgh. When I finally get to have coffee with David Conrad, that will be our first topic of discussion after Darfur.

4. Why I laugh at the local news. Bob Allen of KDKA reported on a water main break that affected 15 houses in Uniontown and before throwing it back to the studio, said in a very serious tone, “This will forever be a day that these people will never forget.” (slightly paraphrased).

Ow, Ow! Man it really hurts when you roll your eyes this damn hard. So five years down the road, we’ll not only be asking, “Where were you when you heard about the Twin Towers? Where were you when Columbine happened? Where were you when the Columbia blew up?” We’ll also be asking, “Where were you when the water main broke in Uniontown?”

Ow!

1. cityworker
    March 13, 2007 8:13 am

3 hours of news makes them try to turn everything into a major story. and then they rush it on the air with facts wrong. last thursday they had something about a 2 year old boy who fell through the ice and was trapped under water in beaver county and then it turned into a man who just fell through and was already saved. BIG DIFFERENCE PEOPLE!

2. Zorro
    March 13, 2007 9:27 am

As long they don’t report that someone had their vinyl copy of Deep Purple’s Machine Head ruined in the water main flood

3. aj
    March 13, 2007 10:58 am

My issue is with the traffic reporters, and when they report that everything is normal. Can’t we just assume it is normal and if there is a problem then they can tell us about that?! It bothers me so… but I watch every day. Sick.

4. gunnlino
    March 13, 2007 11:28 am

Forever a small town mentality in a global culture.

5. spoon
    March 13, 2007 12:53 pm

the only traffic news there should be is if the HOV is closed. Besides that everything is backed up except for the opposite way you’re going.

6. mer-man
    March 13, 2007 1:47 pm

“I can be YOUR HERO …
    I can take away your pain …”

3/13/07

7. Kat
    March 13, 2007 2:15 pm

Traffic reporters always tell us soberly that traffic is backed up “over the top and down the far side of Green Tree hill” and “from Churchill to the Squirrell Hill tunnel” as if it isn’t like that every damn day. We know. We all know.

8. GeeO
    March 14, 2007 12:05 pm

Hey, they have about six hours they need to fill every day. An the traffic reports are the same in every city I’ve visited. Compared to New York and some other cities, our local news is not that bad, even though every story is “Breaking News.” Blame it on he consultants every station uses to supply buzz words.