- March 13, 2007
- filed under Celebrity sightings, David Conrad, Eye rolls, Famous Burghers, Local media
1. Wexford’s own Xtina B really cannot shut up about her sex life with her ugly husband. Image now filed in my “Eww!” file, Jordy B dressed in a doctor’s outfit holding a doctor’s bag full of sex toys.
2. Spotted on a flight to the Burgh from Philadelphia, Extreme Makeover hottie Ty Pennington. Do you think he’s here to build PittGirl a house? Awesome. (hat tip to Brian T.)
3. Why KDKA needs to can their four o’clock news. Two days ago, Ken Rice reported that some kids in Illinois are trying to get an official state fruit named. That is sooooo interesting to me here in the Burgh. When I finally get to have coffee with David Conrad, that will be our first topic of discussion after Darfur.
4. Why I laugh at the local news. Bob Allen of KDKA reported on a water main break that affected 15 houses in Uniontown and before throwing it back to the studio, said in a very serious tone, “This will forever be a day that these people will never forget.” (slightly paraphrased).
Ow, Ow! Man it really hurts when you roll your eyes this damn hard. So five years down the road, we’ll not only be asking, “Where were you when you heard about the Twin Towers? Where were you when Columbine happened? Where were you when the Columbia blew up?” We’ll also be asking, “Where were you when the water main broke in Uniontown?”