What do you know about B-Ball?

So the boys over at Sportsocracy invited PittGirl to take part in the First Annual Pittsburgh Celebrity Blogger NCAA Pool.  After you get over your fit of hysteria at PittGirl being called a “celebrity” …

So now I’ve got like a jillion games to pick a winner for. And I don’t really follow college ball. And my PittGirl Ball O’ Magic doesn’t have a basketball picking setting. And I really want to win this shit.

So who do I pick, Burghers? Help a girl out and give me some ideas. And do not tell me to pick Pitt to win it all because we all know that is NOT going to happen.

1. Julie_Gong
    March 13, 2007 3:39 pm

People always say they pick by mascot or team color but that is a bunch of bs. Normal people don’t know the team color of Wright St or Oral Roberts. I bet they couldn’t even tell you where these colleges were located. I pick by team name. How do you pass up Oral Roberts or Gonzaga? You don’t… thats how!

2. Chris
    March 13, 2007 3:40 pm

I vote you take Long Beach St. all the way…sound choice.

3. Bob
    March 13, 2007 4:27 pm

I would never pass up some Oral Roberts for my Gonzaga.

4. Kendal
    March 13, 2007 5:42 pm

Hey–I am a Florida chick–college baskeball/football is king down there…I’ll send an email to help you out!

5. Amy
    March 13, 2007 9:21 pm

I went to Univ. of KY, and even though they are in the tourney, they suck this year – DO NOT PICK THEM! Who did get dissed was NC State, who is playing right now in the NIT (the tourney for those who didn’t make the NCAA Tourney). Anyways, they have a local boy there- McCauley, and he’s a starter for them. He went to Yough and is from West Newton… GO WOLFPACK!

6. honda driver
    March 13, 2007 10:21 pm

i use the scientific ‘rock/paper/scissors’ method with a friend to determine my picks

7. Bram R
    March 13, 2007 10:54 pm

1. You are a girl
    2. You don’t know shit about college basketball
    Ergo:
    3. You will win

I’ve seen it happen dozens of times. Don’t try to educate yourself.

8. Pinto Alegre
    March 13, 2007 11:12 pm

Bob…that shit is funny as hell. Ha ha ha!

9. spoon
    March 14, 2007 2:49 pm

I’m in… Andrew Stockey look out!

I have no idea who to pick either. my basketball knowledge is about as good as PittGirl’s so wait… that means I’ll do well then right? shit, I’m not a chick though. Anyone have a dress?

cheers!