Living up to the hype.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

At about seven seconds into this video (click on “Pens vs. Canadiens 3-16 recap”), you’re going to see why Sidney Crosby is worth every ounce of hype ever written about or associated with him.

And then at the 12 second slow motion replay, you’re going to have a single tear roll down your cheek.

I’m not even sure his skates actually touch the ice. I think he floats.

Awesome.

Of course, I might be so impressed only because when I put on ice skates, my ankles immediately buckle inward and I look stupid.

1. Lauren
    March 19, 2007 12:00 pm

Don’t be embarrassed Pittgirl, for awhile, many of the players that played on the Pens team (and still do, I’m thinking of you Melichar..) had that exact same problem : )

2. Susan Helene Gottfried
    March 19, 2007 12:46 pm

I could have you up and skating without bent in ankles, Pittgirl, in the span of five minutes. Easy.

We were at that game. What made Sid’s goal all the better was the guy behind us who said, “C’mon, Sid, what’s a little four-on-one?” right before Sid scored.

Prophetic.

3. Martha
    March 19, 2007 12:53 pm

Truly amazing! While watching the game at home with my sports obsessed son, I said that will be a Top Ten Play tomorrow on ESPN. So we watched Saturday morning and were concerned when the plays were all basketball. I commented that March madness would rule and he might not make it. ESPN redeemed themselves and Sid’s play was NUMBER ONE!!!

4. the_suburbanite
    March 19, 2007 1:09 pm

It’s Mario/Gretzky like….the kid is the real deal. We’re lucky to have him.

5. Bram R
    March 19, 2007 2:23 pm

Awesome.

Anybody else think Roberts (#10) was offsides?

6. Bram R
    March 19, 2007 2:25 pm

… and I can’t help but wonder, during that game, what the Penguins were *really* thinking?

7. spoon
    March 19, 2007 2:30 pm

I know what I was thinking from my seat in F balcony… “holy farking shite!”

I’ve seen some amazing goals live and that one probably takes them all.

8. Anthony
    March 19, 2007 3:27 pm

Suburbanite, I agree that we are lucky to have Sid. I look forward to him having a long, successful career here in Pittsburgh, followed by him buying the Penguins in about 20 years when it’s determined that the financing plan for the new arena hadn’t panned out as planned.

9. Woy
    March 19, 2007 3:45 pm

I was at that game, and it was one of the best plays I’ve ever been able to witness in person.

Anthony: That’s only when the paychecks start bouncing after year 16.