Lukey grabs a shovel.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lukey, Lukey, LUKEY!  You know I want you to win the election, however:
This is NOT going to win you any votes!

Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl hopped a private jet to New York City to have dinner and drinks at a posh Manhattan hotel hours after announcing a $290 million deal to build a new Uptown arena for the Penguins.

After last Tuesday’s announcement, Ravenstahl attended the Penguins game against the Buffalo Sabres at Mellon Arena with team co-owner Ron Burkle, who invited him onto his private jet and treated the mayor to a meal at the Gramercy Park Hotel in Manhattan.

Ravenstahl initially told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Monday morning that he did not travel to New York, but he changed his story in the afternoon after the Trib confronted him with more details about the overnight trip.

Lukey, let me be honest with you, if I’m mayor (let me interject and say that I would be the kickest assest Mayor of all time) and Ron Burkle invites me to dinner in Manhattan via a trip on his jet, of course I’m going to say yes. Life is short, why the hell not!?

However, lying about it is something that I would NOT do. Of course, I’m 32 and you’re 27. Since I’m a girl and girls mature faster than boys, really, I’m like 36 and you’re like 22. So I can see where you went wrong on this.

Because of the trip, Ravenstahl missed a meeting Wednesday morning with Hill District community leaders in the office of Allegheny County Chief Executive Dan Onorato to discuss how to develop homes and businesses around the site of the Penguins new arena.

Expect Billy to jump all over that one.

When asked about the evening, Ravenstahl said he did not know where he ate. Ravenstahl and Kinross went to the home of a friend of Kinross to stay for the night. The mayor said he did not remember what part of town he spent the night.

Yikes! You tell the media you don’t know where you ate and you don’t remember what part of town you spent the night!?

Are you insane? Are you TRYING to write Billy’s next campaign commercial all by yourself? Are you playing the “moving forward” drinking game too? I’d advise against that.

1. noone
    March 20, 2007 10:34 am

It’s been a few hours and Matt H has not chimed in to say what a non-incident this is…. Now, why is that?

2. Burgher Jon
    March 20, 2007 10:42 am

I’m new to the blogging game and have a lot of respect for yours, but I’m going to have to defend my gender. There are a lot of silly girls that do a lot of silly things and a healthy percentage of those girls lie about them.

Also, this would have to be the first time I’ve ever heard a woman say, “I’m 32 but I’m really like 36,” must be that since your annonymous it has nothing to do with looks.

3. pittgirl
    March 20, 2007 10:45 am

Burgher Jon,

I was being sarcastic.

I am hot.

Sincerely,

PittGirl

4. mer-man
    March 20, 2007 10:56 am

Props to Onorato for turning down the invite to party and actually attending the Hill District meeting.

5. Burgher Jon
    March 20, 2007 11:49 am

Sarcasm? Never heard of it, definitely wasn’t using it in my comments either. Keep up the good work.

6. PittGirl
    March 20, 2007 12:18 pm

Hah! I knew you were going to say that. :)

7. Aeran
    March 20, 2007 12:53 pm

mer-man — yeah, but we all know Onorato was the kid in college that stayed in on friday nights to do monday’s lab report. Mayor Lukey, however, obviously knows how to have fun: flying to new york to have dinner and drinks and then not remember where you spent the night.

THAT’s the man I want running my city…

8. Maria
    March 20, 2007 4:27 pm

“…flying to new york to have dinner and drinks and then not remember where you spent the night.”

And don’t forget, he first lied and denied he ever went to NYC.

9. Chase
    March 21, 2007 1:28 am

Whoops, I just submitted this to PittGirl today like it was new.

Jesus, I’m slipping in my old age.

Anyone else think it’s funny that his chief of staff’s last name sounds like SOBER.

10. pittgirl
    March 21, 2007 8:11 am

Chase, I still love you for sending the link to me, even if you were a bit late in doing it.

Also, glad you realized it and I didn’t have to send you an obligatory DUH! email.