KDKA circa 1993

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some awesome person posted a video of a 1993 KDKA newscast.

Some awesome stuff:

1. The lead story? WEATHER! Each time I watch that guy or woman trying to yank open his/her car door, I laugh a little harder.

2. The Dow? At 3300.

3. Bill Flanagan? Young!

4. The graphics? Loving the through the tunnel zoom.

Ah, nostalgia.

1. bethkriz
    March 22, 2007 11:41 am

I love it! That’s the way I remember the KDKA intro! It’s like when I moved to Georgia for undergrad and then across the ocean to London my brain entered a time-warp and it freaks me out whenever I see KDKA as it is today. Bring back the tunnel intro and Bob Kudzma. That name rocks.

2. WrigleyGrec
    March 22, 2007 12:23 pm

I used to LOVE the tunnel intro!

3. spoon
    March 22, 2007 12:29 pm

wow Bill had no idea how right he was with the boom that was coming.

4. Chrys
    March 22, 2007 2:12 pm

I have to agree.. love the shot coming out of the tunnel. Also..have a quick question for you.. Does anyone else hate the term “KD country” more than me??? I doubt it..

Love this blog Pittgirl.. I am addicted!

5. Jordan
    March 22, 2007 3:32 pm

Ah yes, when KDKA was watchable and Stacy could read. Love that lotto music!

6. CapitolMAN
    March 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Bring back Patti Burns! No, wait! Bring back Bill Burns! Check out the 1985 clip with Ron Klink and his Shamrock-shake green jacket.

7. WrigleyGrec
    March 22, 2007 10:59 pm

How wholesome TV news used to be. I bet there was not one murder reported after this opening. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qusb7HQrvvM

8. Matt
    March 23, 2007 12:53 am

Oh, PittGirl, this is SO up my alley. Love you for this! I’m kinda sad that the tunnel opens stopped back in 2002, that was such a neat little piece of heritage that I thought wouldn’t die.

“The only intro better than the tunnel-2 graphic was the Pitt Parade montage. Did anyone else spend summers at their grandparents house watching the Pitt Parade and the noon news with Ray Tannehill?”

I did!

9. Sara Wilson
    April 5, 2007 3:53 am

Excuse, and what you think concerning forthcoming elections?

10. Tima
    April 18, 2007 3:04 am

nice photos of this blog