My copy of Sports Illustrated (gasp! Yes, PittGirl reads SI) finally got cracked open by me and since I don’t know if you are as awesome as me and get SI, I thought I’d share with you two things.
1. From an interview with Joey “Ragdoll” Porter (which I think is a much more awesome nickname than “My Dogs Eat Horses” Porter):
“We had a short meeting, and everything that they (The Dolphins) said sounded good.”
That’s because everything they said was this: $$$$$$$$$$$. $$$. $$$$$$$. $$$?
I’ll say this: What I did in Pittsburgh can’t be replaced. They know it, and I know it. They might get somebody who can perform on the field, but they won’t get somebody who brings the same presence to that team.
I’ll say this: that is a load of narcissistic bullshit and I know because I’m a narcissist. I mean, come on Joey. They’ll never ever ever ever ever in 100 years find anyone that has that kind of presence and leadership? Please.
2. From the Pirates scouting report.
SI has ranked the Pirates 26 out of 30 teams. This is shocking because I was sure we’d be dead last.
This will likely be another long year at PNC Park because Pittsburgh doesn’t have the pitching to contend.
Also, you can all go vote for you favorite Bucs blog to be featured on the SI Pirates page. The contenders are Bucco Blog, Honest Wagner, Only Bucs, and Where have you gone, Andy Van Slyke?
I know what you’re thinking. Where’s The Burgh Blog, PittGirl!?!?
1. This is not a Pirates blog.
2. When I do mention the Pirates I am usually just stating how much the Pirates suck.
3. I don’t do in depth analysis like the sites listed above do. If I do ANY in depth analysis on the Pirates it is usually an in depth mathematically-correct analysis on just HOW MUCH THE PIRATES SUCK.
I’m so pleased to see these blogs getting some national press, so GO VOTE. My god, if you can vote for Sanjaya Malakar you can certainly be bothered to visit SI.com/piratesvote, damn it.