A little to the left. Perfect! SNAP.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Reader WrigleyGrec mentioned in the comments on the Mike “Soon to be Nicknamed by PittGirl” Tomlin LOST HIS BAG, GASP! post, that the Steelers have superimposed a Steelers shirt on his old Vikings picture.

In looking at the photos, unless Mike Tomlin has only one expression, one hair cut, and one picture pose, I’m thinking Wrigley is right.

Maybe all his Steeler shirts were in the bag he lost (gasp!).

1. Judge Rufus Peckham
    March 30, 2007 8:50 am

I’m starting to wonder if he’s really black. Face it, if the Steelers are capable of doing this, what’s to stop them from tampering with the Rooney Rule itself?

2. gunnlino
    March 30, 2007 8:59 am

It’s the Stepford Coach .

3. jeeperz
    March 30, 2007 9:11 am

Is it just me or does Mike “Soon to be nicknamed by PittGirl” Tomlin look like Chef from South Park….

First day of mini-camp Mike “STBNBPG” Tomlin says “Well hello there children….today is salsbury steak day”

Just a thought…I need more coffee

4. Lauren
    March 30, 2007 12:01 pm

How in the hell can this man not have a Steelers shirt? They sell them in convenience stores. People use their Super Bowl T-shirts as wallpaper. Yinzer Dan in Greentree has 1 for everyday of the week plus an extra snazzy one for church on Sunday. Someone out there needs to get the new coach a shirt. And maybe a haircut : )

5. pro wut's differnt pitcher analizer
    March 30, 2007 12:16 pm

It’s a different picture. The beard-line along his top right chin (HIS top right chin, not your’s) doesn’t dip down as much in the purple picture, his right eyebrow is slightly more pointed up in the purple picture, and the camera position in the grey picture was a shade higher on the tripod. Oh, and it seems like he is broadly smiling in the grey picture in contrast to the smirk in the purple one. He must be older in the grey picture, because it looks like his neck grew a little, too.

6. Meg
    March 30, 2007 3:39 pm

They look alittle different, but overall they are the same… wow, things are gonna be different w/o Cowher’s many expressions…

7. B
    March 30, 2007 4:24 pm

I know I’m stetching it here, but they released this photo RIGHT AFTER he was hired–just to have a pic. I know this is a huge leap, but it’s possible the man was busy doing press conferences, scouting, moving his family, among other things. Shame on him for not taking the time to get a pic in Steelers garb.

8. Bruce Flach
    March 30, 2007 6:57 pm

He dose kind of remind me of Chef come to thnk of it. Some one said He looks alitle like the angry Dr Foreman on the TV show “House”. I agree.

After hearing how he handled the situation at the airport, as well as his very positive assements on Ben and Ike Taylor, I must say I feel a lot better about coach now. Looks like he “talks the talk”.

Let’s see if he walks the walk

9. PittCheMBA
    March 30, 2007 8:09 pm

A lot of people have already made comparisons to Omar Epps, the actor on the Fox TV Show “House”, as well as comedian Bernie Mac.

10. MegW
    March 30, 2007 11:16 pm

I noticed this right away… as soon as he was hired they superimposed that shirt. and were using that picture the same day.

He kind of looks like a Wii character.

11. LisaLisa
    April 1, 2007 6:29 pm

That photo was Tomlin’s “press” shot on the Vikings’ website before he was hired by the Steelers — I know this because I looked it up when I found out he was a finalist for coach. Obviously when he was introduced as the new Steelers coach, the team didn’t yet have an “official” photo of him in Steelers garb, so they superimposed a Steelers shirt over top of the Vikings shirt. They did this with one other coaching hire; I think it was either Bruce Arians or Ken Anderson, I forget which. To the poster above who claims it’s a different photo, it’s not — it’s an optical illusion brought on by the darker colored shirt and the switch to a more muted background.

12. PittGirl
    April 1, 2007 6:59 pm

What gives it away for me is the faint white line on the collar where it meets his neck.

13. James
    April 4, 2007 1:28 pm

How about Mike “The Bag Handler” Tomlin

or simply Mike “The Handler” Tomlin

I am personally in support of Mike “the Godfather” Tomlin, but that is unrelated to this story.