And PittGirl cried.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PittGirl saw that is was going to flurry in April.

And she became sad.

And she cried.

And she saw that temperatures were going to drop 20 degrees in 24 hours.

And she became sadder.

And she cried harder.

And she saw that temperatures were going to drop 40 degrees in 48 hours.

And she became pissed.

And she began researching jobs in Florida.

1. Joe
    April 2, 2007 11:00 am

“Don’t cry, PittGirl.”

I’ll blame the lame “You’ve Got Mail” reference on it being Monday.

April 2, 2007 11:13 am

Meh. As long as it bounces back to 73 for the home opener. That should just about equal the win expectation for the boys too.

3. Stacey
    April 2, 2007 11:22 am

And in the summer when the humidity makes it feel like 110 degrees and you sweat as soon as you walk out side down here in florida, you’ll want to go right back to the Burgh!

4. Rich
    April 2, 2007 11:48 am

Hmm… sweaty PittGirl… the mind races.

5. parkingchair
    April 2, 2007 11:48 am

Come on, Joe, it’s “Don’t cry, PittGirl, Don’t cry”

You need the second “don’t cry” to get the full cheesiness of the line.

Oh, and thanks for the plug PittGirl. Thanks to you my “a friend of kevin’s” t-shirt sales are booming!

The weather does suck, but I don;t know I’d get the same kick out of reaidng “the Destin Blog” or “the Daytona Blog”

6. Joe
    April 2, 2007 11:55 am

parkingchair: You are correct. I now deem myself dumber than the movie itself. :-P

7. jeeperz
    April 2, 2007 12:18 pm

hmmm…do I see the “Everytime someone complains about the weather in Pittsburgh we drink” rule on the horizon?

The hot muggy horizon…now wait…the frozen tundra horizon…nope too late…the hot muggy…no…frozen tundra…oh hell you get the idea

8. Stephanie
    April 2, 2007 12:55 pm

I migrated to florida last year from the burgh. i was devasted that i would not be able to watch my beloved stilers play. But i was wrong..there are a handful of burgh bars down here devoted to the back and gold. There is even a wonderful man that drives a yellow truck known as the Terrbile Truck (black stenciled on). I can truthfully say i know more pittsburghers in florida than floridians.

I say migrate down and lets continue the influx of the burgh to the sunshine state where you dont have to worry about truckin through the slush and sleet down carson…

9. Stacey
    April 2, 2007 5:20 pm

Stephanie, That is actually true – there are 4 Steelers fans in my office of 28 people. There is always some bar in Orlando that has the Steelers games on. Froggers even flies in Iron and IC Light. Is it football season yet?

10. jennypenny
    April 3, 2007 4:50 pm

I realize that the forcast seems sad now, but don’t move to Florida. The fiancee and I did, and we are counting the days until we can get back to the rockin’ Burgh. Florida has warm weather, and that is about all!!