Lukey moves backward.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Man, Lukey is taking this Redd Up thing way far.

He’s been seen boarding up houses a la Bobby O, but hey, Bobby O never rappelled down Mt. Washington.

Mayor Luke Ravenstahl joined people picking up litter on the side of Mount Washington on Saturday.

Ravenstahl hooked up to a rope and repelled down Mount Washington, picking up litter with the other volunteers.

Wouldn’t it have been the weirdest thing ever if a mayor died while redding up by rappelling down picturesque Mt. Washington?

Chill. I’m not saying I want it to happen.

Anyway, Lukey went above and beyond and that is pretty awesome.

1. Woy
    April 3, 2007 1:23 pm

PXI also has a huge issue (with all of their anchors and reporters) pronouncing the word “Oxycontin.”

2. Joey
    April 3, 2007 4:52 pm

This is off topic…sorry. I’m watching them film “The Kill Pit” from my office. They are filming a scene with a news reporter. It looks like that blonde that used to be a reporter/anchor on Fox’s local news way back when…she also did some UPMC commercials, acting as a reporter. Can anyone recall her name?

TIA

3. Violet
    April 3, 2007 6:51 pm

This is also off-topic, but Pittgirl, I really hope you watched the KDKA six o’clock news tonight. Bob Pompeani was in the Penguin locker room, and, because of the tradition of Pittsburgh athletes growing beards for the playoffs, had pictures of some of the Penguin players with photoshopped-on beards. I really wish I could find one of the pictures he had, because my description is not at all capturing the magnitude of this story’s lameness.

4. honda driver
    April 3, 2007 8:56 pm

sorry. all i can think about is how to drink backwards.

5. Ed Heath
    April 3, 2007 10:26 pm

Leslie Podesta? Leslie Bo bo bo something?
    Dunno.

6. Pinto Alegre
    April 4, 2007 1:20 am

Her name is Leslie McCombs. Her picture is in the latest Seen magazine that comes with the Post Gazette.

7. M.Silenus
    April 4, 2007 8:49 am

“Know what else is awesome? WPXI’s use of the word repelled in place of rappelled.”

Rappulsive! (Sorry…)

8. Jonathan Potts
    April 4, 2007 9:21 am

I believe at the time she was on Fox, her name was Pelatta.

9. jeeperz
    April 4, 2007 9:38 am

I saw that too Violet…Bob can drive Sally Wiggin out of town and not come back

10. Lauren
    April 4, 2007 9:51 am

Violet-

It’s on the web now:

I don’t know, I think it’s kinda funny. Of course, it isn’t original at all, seeing as though the posters on the letsgopens.com message board thought of it weeks ago and their photo shopping is better than Pompeani’s. Colby Armstrong had Ron Jeremy’s facial hair and Malkin looked like Moses. I laughed so hard I almost cried : )