The Rules.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I get emails all the time from people wanting to tell me where they heard the phrase “move forward” and asking if they are permitted to drink in honor of said occasion.

I think it’s about time we formalized the rules of the Luke Ravenstahl “Move Forward” Drinking Game.

1. You are permitted to drink when Luke Ravenstahl and ONLY Luke Ravenstahl says, writes, or endorses the phrase “move forward” or “moving forward”.

2. You are not permitted to drink when Luke Ravenstahl only uses the word “move” or only uses the word “forward” without its partner. This is so you’re not drunk all the time.

3. You shall not drink when any other person says, writes, or endorses the phrase.

5. The number of words acceptable that may appear or be said between “move” or “moving” and “forward” is five or less. Therefore:

“Keep this city moving forward” = drink

“Keep moving this city that I love forward” = drink

“Keep moving this here city that I love forward” = NO drink for you!

6. If the phrase is found on the Internet, you may only drink once for the first time you read each occurrence. You may not hit your refresh button repeatedly in order to finish off that bottle of Sauza.

7. You may take three drinks if Luke Ravenstahl says the JACKPOT PHRASE:

“Looking forward to moving forward.”

8. PittGirl is not liable for any addiction, injury, job loss, or death that may result from your voluntary participation in the drinking game.

9. These rules can be edited as PittGirl pleases.

1. kT
    April 5, 2007 10:26 am

“4. You are not permitted to make a sock puppet, name it “Luke Ravenstahl,” and have it say “move forward” until you can no longer remember your name.”

TOO LATE! party at my house.

2. jeeperz
    April 5, 2007 10:55 am

#4 Almost made me spit out my coffee through my nose…Hilarious! Reminded me of Professor VonSock Am I the only weirdo that knows about him? Thanks PG…youre double kick-a$$!

3. Johnny
    April 5, 2007 11:31 am

I’m there with my Jim Motznik lunch bag puppet. Think Triumph the Dog puppet, only crazier.

4. spoon
    April 5, 2007 11:48 am

That must be the official drinking font. It’s also used by good friends of mine at http://thebeerreport.com/main.htm for their brewcast.

This game will need a hotline soon similar to the TBS funny hotline. There may still be a small forest to bulldoze in cranberry twp you can build on.

I can imagine Luke sits back on his couch late at night after watching Letterman, plays the 1992 NLCS Game 7 9th inning over and over with a bottle of scotch shouting “Barry… move forward… shit… DRINK!”

5. honda driver
    April 5, 2007 12:55 pm

OMG! still laughing my fool head off. now i’m waiting for the board game version.

6. Bram R
    April 5, 2007 2:24 pm

Luke Ravenstahl ONLY? Even if the speaker is obviously relaying the sentiments of City Hall? How the hell is anyone going to make it through City Planning meetings now?

7. honda driver
    April 5, 2007 3:17 pm

you’re not going to believe this but i just received an email from a client and they used ‘moving forward’ in a sentence. i’m so thirsty…beginning to feel like pavlov’s dog.

8. Maria in Pgh
    April 5, 2007 3:38 pm

“You are not permitted to make a sock puppet, name it “Luke Ravenstahl…”

Wouldn’t that be redundant?

9. Pingback: Die Buchwalds » The Burgh Blog » The Rules.

10. Meg
    April 6, 2007 5:14 pm

Girl, I’m still laughing. I almost fell on the floor and went into the fetile position after reading number four and number 7

11. Char
    April 8, 2007 9:09 pm

Just started a new blog. There are a few drinks to be had in my kick-off post.

12. Matt H
    April 9, 2007 11:02 pm

You know Moving Forward is Toyota’s slogan?

13. duloxetine
    November 7, 2007 4:40 am

Buy cheap Cymbalta over the internet at bargain price
    Buy Cymbalta cheap

14. Pingback: The Burgh Blog » Random n’at.

15. Pingback: over. « corner press

16. Pingback: The Burgh Blog » Aaaaaaaaand DRINK!

17. hello haha narf
    September 6, 2008 1:33 pm

awesome game! what i find interesting is that i have been playing this game for a while now, without knowing there were official rules.

great site you have here.

18. Pingback: Downey’s House Blog » Blog Archive » Scavenger Hunt November 5