Random n@.

1.  Not only did we have a “white” Easter here in the Burgh, my sister had a snowy white Easter in Texas.  Global warming, my ass.

2.  If I have a nightmare about a Dan Onorato-resembling rabid Easter bunny chasing my ass down Grant Street, I’ll totally blame Anthony.

3.   The only way this city will be able to stay warm at today’s home opener for the Buccos is to wear their Steelers gear, because really, who among you owns a Pirates tossel cap, Pirates coat, Pirates scarf?  Nada.  It’s going to look like December out there.  Anyone want to take bets that there will be at least three guys that rip their shirts off to show their muffin tops and start shouting “Here we go, Steelers, here we go!”  in a drunken display of forgetting-which-team-we’re-watchingness?

Also?  This is the year, Burghers!  I feel it in my cute little bones.

1. Jackie
    April 9, 2007 10:33 am

I’m laughing at the cold people as I put on my sunscreen and flip flops in sunny California!

2. pirate gear
    April 9, 2007 11:25 am

Do you mean… cute as in some lipstick-lesbian-ish waifish gay man dressed up like a woman?

I seen the candid picture of you, you’re not a female!

Your gender and cuteness debate aside, does the cold temperature give them a magic home field advantage? maybe?

3. WrigleyGrec
    April 9, 2007 11:49 am

The Steelers are going to get confused with all this cold weather and talk of first home game and show up at PNC Park.

4. Bram R
    April 9, 2007 11:58 am

Muffin tops? Not familiar.

5. pittgirl
    April 9, 2007 12:07 pm

Really?

6. Bram R
    April 9, 2007 4:46 pm

Oh! That’s just … great! Thank you! Thank you so much!

7. spoon
    April 9, 2007 5:31 pm

We just got back from freezing our arses off at the game. We had a nice thick blanket to keep us warm in 116.

Most of the drunks stayed huddled by the beer vendors which would explain why I only saw 1 beer man all game.

Couple things about the game not related to the playing
    1) The Bucco Taco is actually pretty good. Especially on a day like today.

2) Thank god almighty they serve Dogfish Head beer now! Beers of The Burgh really stepped it up a notch with their selection this year.

3) Those Morning Freak Show guys that announced the Pierogie Race should be shot. If they’re half as annoying on-air I’m amazed someone hasnt showed up at the station to choke them.

8. Jordan
    April 9, 2007 6:27 pm

Ugh I know. All the yinzer’s enjoyed the “Perogies of the Caribbean” crack. God, I wonder what kind of ratings “According to Jim” gets in Pittsburgh with this stupidity…

April 9, 2007 11:19 pm

Spoon,

What? Dogfish at BOTW? Am I reading right? Which one? Guessing 60 IPA or Shelter Pale. What were they asking, $12 for 12 ounces? I didn’t see a Beer Man all day in 311.

PG,

Did you feel a 3-0 shutout by Braden Freakin’ Looper in your cute little bones? Ugh. Bats as cold as the weather. 73 wins.

10. Pat
    April 10, 2007 2:41 am

I own a Pirate tossel cap and coat, but then again, I also write a Pirate blog. I suppose I am the exception rather than the rule.

11. PittGirl
    April 10, 2007 9:03 am

Bucdaddy,

I think my cute little bones are lying their asses off to me.

Pat,

You are the exception. I wear Penguins and Steelers stuff to Pirates games.

Give me a winning season and I’ll give my money to purchase Pirates gear.

12. spoon
    April 11, 2007 12:48 pm

bucdaddy, I want to say 60 minute. Didn’t taste as hoppy as I remember it but then again with the crap I had before it I’m sure my buds were whack. Either way it was deliiiiicious. The biatch pouring though put WAY too much head on it.

13. spoon
    April 11, 2007 12:48 pm

Now if they had 90 minute… oh sweet jesus!