PittGirl goes out.

A few weeks ago, PittGirl attended the opening of McFadden’s on the North Side … er, North SHORE.

McFadden’s doesn’t know what it wants to be when it grows up, because right now it is both an Irish pub and a saloon. There isn’t much pubbish (is that a word? Spell check says … No.) or saloonish about it. There were some bagpipers, so maybe that was pubbish.

We were fortunate to know someone to get us in without having to wait out in the rain in the long line snaking down the block. Yay for connections.

The guys I was with immediately began flipping the hell out because it was open bar for a while. “Open bar, PittGirl! Free!” And since we didn’t pay cover, it truly was free.

When I refused a Long Island iced tea offer (because first of all: YUCK! and second of all: designated driver), one of them started screaming at me while cradling six longnecks in his arms. “FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, damn it! Go drink!” For once, Burghers, I’m not even exaggerating a little bit.

Vanilla Ice was there too. Meh.

The guys were also literally drooling over the hot hoochie mamas roaming the joint and dancing on platforms in support of the brand of beer they were representing.

Because I’m awesome, I took a picture of one of the hoochie mamas for you boys:

You’re welcome.

And girls, I didn’t forget about you. Check it aht.

Yum. My.

Also, that hot chick taking pictures of hoochie mamas and bagpipers’ asses? Wasn’t me.

1. DW
    April 18, 2007 9:20 am

Ooooh, I was there, too. I wish I could’ve figured out the mysterious PittGirl identity!

And you aren’t kidding, we freaked out over the open bar, too. The simple things in life…

2. spoon
    April 18, 2007 9:29 am

At that point why not just wear a fig leaf and some string for the chicka.

My sister met Vanilla Ice in Erie when he was at the CellBlock for $5 a head. Apparently he got boo’d off the stage.

3. Anthony
    April 18, 2007 10:06 am

Thank God for another Irish-themed chain restaurant/bar in Pittsburgh! I just can’t get enough of bangers and dishes that list Guinness as an ingredient.

4. Clarion
    April 18, 2007 11:21 am

next time lift the kilt before taking a picture

5. Woy
    April 18, 2007 12:39 pm

I was at Friday night’s opening. I drank. A lot.

Spoon: Erie gets all the great talent first!

6. coolmommy123
    April 18, 2007 1:40 pm

How the heck many “opening nights” were there? I was there on Thursday’s Opening…I guess they can open as much as they want, as long as they keep the free drinks pouring (free drinks are rockin’).

7. Pat
    April 19, 2007 10:42 am

Nothing tops Donzi’s / Tequila Willie’s in the Strip for guidette hooches. I once saw a girl in leopard-print pants that deliberately drooped in the back to show her pink thong. Sigh, Donzi’s closing was such a shame.

8. Still A. Fan
    April 19, 2007 12:18 pm

hootchie mommas are nice to look at, but lacking something in the conversation department

9. Ms. Caroline
    April 19, 2007 2:17 pm

I’ve spent many a night in the pub – the real ones in England – and I can assure you there are no women in fishnets or men in kilts. Besides, Irish men don’t wear kilts. Scottish men do.

10. parking chair
    April 19, 2007 2:24 pm

Don’t be fooled, people – I beleive that said “hoochie mama” is in fact PittGirl, playing a trick on her unsuspecting readers.

I zoomed in on the photo using one of those “zoom into a grainy photo 1000 times and somehow bring an image into perfect focus” machiens they use in every movie and i can see a the top of a small david conrad tattoo peeking out of the short shorts around hoochie mama’s right hip.

11. pittgirl
    April 19, 2007 2:34 pm

PittGirl is NOT blond. :)

12. parking chair
    April 19, 2007 3:55 pm

what, and you think THAT girl is actually a blond?

13. Imusfan
    April 19, 2007 9:38 pm

You were right when you said “North Side”. Where did this “North Shore” crap come from? It will always be the North Side no matter what pops up there. I don’t hear the South Side being referred to as “South Shore”.

14. dwight
    April 20, 2007 12:15 pm

Hey now PG, any pictures documenting if the kilt-wearers where traditional or not? You know what I mean: Were their Scotch eggs* feeling a direct draft or not? (*On a not-so-pervey note: I heard of, and tried, Scotch eggs for the first time at Piper’s Pub last weekend … Recommended!) :)

15. sean mcdowell
    April 20, 2007 4:21 pm

pittgirl,

that guy you were with at mcfadden’s, does he know that you’re “pittgirl”, or does he only know you by your real name, which none of us know? or does he know you as both?

16. sean mcdowell
    April 20, 2007 4:22 pm

pittgirl,

that guy you were with at mcfadden’s, does he know you are “pittgirl”, or does he know you by your real name, which none of us know? or does he know you as both?

17. sean
    April 20, 2007 7:09 pm

pittgirl, the guy you were with at mcfadden’s, does he know that you’re “pittgirl?” or does he just know you as your real identity…or does he know you as both?

18. Bram R
    April 21, 2007 1:56 am

No way — the guy with the voice from DVE? Posting twice in a row somehow, right at 4:20? And he knows PittGirl? Dude, I need to borrow that voice!

19. Steeler Tom
    April 22, 2007 9:29 pm

Ya don’t have to be a piper to wear a kilt ya know…

just a note for dwight:

It’s called goin’ “Commando”

Some of us do & some don’t

I prefer to keep em’ guessin…

;-)

20. pittgirl
    April 23, 2007 11:10 am

Sean,

I wasn’t with a guy, I was with a group of guys and a few girls and nobody on the planet knows me as both me and PittGirl except local blogging guru Mike Woycheck of pghbloggers.org.

So if you’re wondering if the girl you were there with is PittGirl … That’d be a no.

21. sean
    April 23, 2007 12:14 pm

i feel like a goof now, posting the same message 3 times! but i wasn’t sure if my posts were getting thru…i know now that they were…sorry for being a pea brain pittgirl…and it had nothing to do with it being “4/20” last friday either…