Random n@

1. A man got shot in broad daylight on Smithfield during this morning’s rush. I’m glad I decided to work from home today. One more crazy lunatic with a gun story and I’m going to have to arm myself to the teeth.

2. Listen you guys. You cannot drink for this. Don’t even email me to ask for permission to do it. Permission NOT granted … you lushes. Wait, on the other hand, he IS endorsing it right? That seems to be within the rules. The hell with it! Drink up.

3. I’m really really really … REALLY … tired of seeing a picture of that asshole pointing a gun at me on every single news channel. Enough already. I need to see that again like I need tuberculosis.

4. I have purchased my tickets to see David Conrad as Henry V in New Jersey.  Happy Birthday to meeeee!

5.  Want to see Mayor Lukey’s playoff beard?  Check it out:

I stole it from Kiss.  I would have just linked you to it, but then you’d have to scroll through 29 images.  No fun for you. (h/t DW)

1. CapitolMAN
    April 19, 2007 3:59 pm

Check out the Busman today. He retells a hilarious foot chase after one of the ethics board members. During the hot pursuit, one of the mayor’s sharks says that beautiful phrase.
    So perhaps the first order of business… well, not business, but… The first thing for them to do is get to know each other a little bit and decide how to move forward on the chairmanship.”
    WTF?

2. parking chair
    April 19, 2007 4:01 pm

Thank you for not saying “I need to see that again like a I need a hole in the head.”

April 19, 2007 4:03 pm

PITTSBURGH (AP) … Mayor Luke Ravenstahl will get top billing when the city advertises plans to redevelop what had been its last adult movie theater.
    The marquee on the Garden Theater will soon read, “The Return of the Garden, Directed by Luke Ravenstahl.”

“We want to keep the city thrusting forward … no, wait, I mean …”

4. Woy
    April 19, 2007 10:57 pm

Wow, that picture makes me feel really good about my own beard growing abilities.

5. Pinto Alegre
    April 19, 2007 11:14 pm

“The Return of the Garden, Directed by Luke Ravenstahl.”?!?!?

Are you kidding me? A bunch of people submitted great slogans for this property and the city decides to put something up that has to have Mayor Ravenstahl’s name in it? When will the narcissism end?

First a fundraiser — even though he has no opponents — and now this? Now I remember why I don’t live in the city!

6. oddmanout
    April 20, 2007 2:00 am

Does anyone else want to join me in kicking in to buy Mayor Luke a RAZOR!!!!!! That beard is disturbing!

7. Erin
    April 20, 2007 4:06 pm

Man, I’m old enough to be his babysitter but something about Luke makes me swoon…