Fishing for praise.

Do you like the new masthead?  (you may need to clear your cache or reload the page several times)

This is one of those times that while it may appear I am asking you for your objective and honest opinion, I am really fishing for effusive praise in the form of, “PittGirl, that is the best masthead I have ever seen in my life.  Seriously.”

Thanks.

1. gunn lino
    April 20, 2007 8:17 am

Pittgirl, that is the best masthead I have ever seen in my life. Seriously. Honest.
    Well, except maybe for the cheesy pirate lookin’ guy.

2. michfull2
    April 20, 2007 8:56 am

PittGirl, that is the best masthead I have ever seen in my life. Seriously.

Just switch the Steelers logo for a fun picture of Troy’s head and it will be PERFECT.

3. Pingback: Ban Fishing | fishing

4. Zorro
    April 20, 2007 9:06 am

Every art museum on the planet should take down all art, of every kind and description, and exclusively display the Burgh Blog masthead – forever.

5. PittGirl fan
    April 20, 2007 9:22 am

Nice, but it’s too tall vertically. Way too much dead space on the sides.
    I’m just sayin’.

6. My Brilliant Mistakes
    April 20, 2007 9:38 am

In my opinion as a professional builder of websites, that is the best masthead I have ever seen in my life.

Except that I agree that if it were shorter, less scrolling would be required to get to the snarky goodness of your posts. So if the masthead can be revised (like, move the tagline to the right of the title), then *that* will surely be the best masthead I will ever see in my life.

7. WrigleyGrec
    April 20, 2007 9:40 am

Ehh its ok not your best work…JK first thing I said today when I opened your blog was WOW, very nice work.

8. Jeannie
    April 20, 2007 9:53 am

Good Job!
    Very nice!!

9. BigBigFan
    April 20, 2007 10:10 am

I like the style of it, but having the interim mayors image in there really angers me (as it does any time I see him) and might actually make me visit less often.

10. Bram R
    April 20, 2007 11:09 am

I like this much more. I was never down with the Lombardi Trophy, coming as it did about a year after the championship.

And I’m very grateful to have been included in your lineup, although I’m a bit wounded by Gunn Lino’s snarky remark. :)

11. Susan Helene Gottfried
    April 20, 2007 11:10 am

Dudette, you rock and the new masthead rocks harder. Nice job.

12. Dave
    April 20, 2007 11:18 am

Yea, sure, it’s been said, but…PittGirl, that is the best masthead I have ever seen in my life. Seriously.

13. Christina
    April 20, 2007 11:46 am

PittGirl, that is the best masthead I have ever seen in my life. But it’s pretty creepy, the way Luke’s eyes follow you around the room.

Seriously.

14. Sofa King
    April 20, 2007 12:04 pm

Meh…too much dead space.

Oh wait, what am I saying? Greatest masthead in the history of mastheads!

I do like the pics at the bottom…they give me a strange urge to play whack-a-mole…

15. Woy
    April 20, 2007 12:45 pm

I’m just glad I could be a part of putting it into place.

16. Rich
    April 20, 2007 2:37 pm

Seriously. She’s hot. She uses big words correctly. She Photoshops. She’s hot. She’s fabulously snarky. She shares my dislike of pigeons. She’s hot. She’s artsy. She’s hot.

(But she’s apparently a Penguins hater… What, no Pens logo?) And I the only one who can’t figure out what that is next to the pigeon? Also, maybe it’s just my like of things that flash, but I miss not watching the blog title change from black to gold when you click on it.

17. Christina
    April 20, 2007 2:45 pm

It’s the top of the Steel Tower, Rich. Sans UPMC logo, thank God.

April 20, 2007 2:47 pm

Rich, Looks like a corner of the USX (is that what they still call it?) building to me. It would be neat if PittGirl put just the top of her head up there too, just to tantalize us. Unless she has really, really distinctive hair like, I dunnno, Sanjaya or maybe Troy. Or she could take a cue from Esquire and put up a different body part every month for like five years (“Just for Bucdaddy, this month here’s my middle finger!”) and we’d have to assemble them puzzle-fashion to see her in her glorious entirety. Those of us who are still alive by then, anyway.

19. Anthony
    April 20, 2007 2:50 pm

I believe the face on the far right is Timothy Daly from the TV series “Wings.”

20. Z
    April 20, 2007 3:42 pm

PittGirl, that is the best masthead I have ever seen. Seriously.

21. Ms. Caroline
    April 20, 2007 3:59 pm

Nice placement Woy.

22. Meg
    April 20, 2007 4:04 pm

Best Masthead ever, congrats, you rock

23. harvey burghman
    April 20, 2007 4:13 pm

fantastic. as to be expected. though, might you be able to switch out the top half of lukeys head for a nice shot of the bald spot? yinz love it dont cha…

24. Denise
    April 20, 2007 5:13 pm

Love the new masthead pittgirl! Especially the cutie on the far right – love you too David!!

25. Scott
    April 20, 2007 6:07 pm

O! M! G! PittGirl, that is the best masthead I have ever seen in my life. Seriously.

–delurking to tell you how much I like the masthead (of course!) and also the refreshing snarkiness that is The Burgh Blog–

April 20, 2007 6:39 pm

Hey, where’d that dynamite new masthead go?

27. Capitolman
    April 20, 2007 7:22 pm

Maybe a little Steigy-stache wouldn’t hooyt?

28. Bram R
    April 20, 2007 11:17 pm

Rich: She’s ARSTY?? Seriously? She’s also artsy?

[whimperwhimperwhimperwhimper…]

29. Steeler Tom
    April 22, 2007 9:25 pm

I love it!

Sorta has that….
    “Kilroy was here” flavor to it…
    Awesome web site I can’t believe that my work still hasn’t blocked your website yet.

(Stupid DoD I.T. weenies usually block any form of blog websites….)

Keep up the great work!