PittGirl disturbs the shit.

Holy shit, Burghers!

I don’t try to be a shit disturber, but my God, I have seriously without meaning to disturbed the very shit that I try to not disturb.

I have stirred the pot into a whirlwind of name-calling, Benny-defending, PittGirl-hating glory.

Some snippets from the comments of my most recent posts about Benny:

Don’t worry about my name says:

Hey PITTGIRL….for someone who doesn’t like Big Ben, you spend an obsene amount of talking about him…………..why don’t you get YOUR ass ready to take a sac!

Jenn says:

You call yourself Pittgirl?
To this born and bred Burgh girl you’re a shame to the name…
bandwagon jumper…

Chase says:

You can criticize Ben for not wearing a helmet, you can criticize Ben for not working as hard as he maybe should, but you cannot criticize him complaining about an injured thumb, ESPECIALLY when he continued to play through it, and took the team to a Super Bowl with it.

PghSteelerGirl83 says:

You know people like you pittgirl, are the type of ppl that really urk me. You act like you know what its like to be somebody else and have someone else’s pain, Your not Ben and you don’t know what Ben has gone through…. So for you to even breath a word of him being a sissy, your disrespectful and rude, and the city of pittsburgh doesn’t need a fan like you! And as someone else mentioned I too feel bad For Sidney Crosby, because god forbid if the kid would get hurt and not bounce back right away you’ll turn your back on him! Grow up, get a life and know your facts before you speak on things you oviously know nothing about!

Goodapplegal says:

Those seem like fightin’ words to me lady. Don’t know if you are aware but your Benny is our “Big Ben” and he has quite a following. I just hope that if you do drop those articles that we don’t drop somethin’ on you….Cause nothing is worse than a forum gal that has been riled up, don’t ya know. And to my sistas out there, and you know who you are B.I.H. absolutely, without a doubt, no question. Can I get an Amen?

Sylar says:

One Steeler franchise quarterback: $9 million a year

PittGirl shutting up: Priceless.

AND Sylar says:

So why doesn’t Pittgirl ignore Large Benjamin? Because she wants to whip the Bennites into a hissy fit. Writing about him just perpetuates the madness.

Save_the_rustbelt says:

Hopefully Ben will marry a girl from Ohio, they are smarter and better looking than PA girls.

And here I thought this was Pittsburgh, the only place on the planet where we are allowed to hate our quarterbacks no matter what. No. Matter. What.

If I must compliment Benny (which I have done so in the past), I will say this:

He’s a smart bastard for organizing his troops in this surge of commenting activity in order to feebly attempt to bring PittGirl down.

Smart, smart, ugly bastard.

Oh, chill out. I’m just kidding. Gawd.

1. Ishmael
    April 24, 2007 10:09 am

I’ve never been urked, but I hear that it’s pretty unpleasant. I’ve been irked, and that seems to go away easily. Most often taking a deep breath or clearing your head helps. I’ve heard of some people having a drink and maybe smoking a cigarette to get rid of it. Being urked is a different story. I’m pretty sure you need penicillin to get rid of that. Good job PittGirl. Now this poor person needs to see the doctor.

2. north sider
    April 24, 2007 10:34 am

This has been so entertaining. People haven’t been this upset since the remarks about “pop my cherry girl” from Craigs List. If you really want to disturb the shit Pittgirl, please mine Craigs List for us again. The city would break out in a civil war!

3. Pigeons Need Love, Too
    April 24, 2007 10:59 am

While the Bennites have been scurrying around rallying to support their clearly abused hero, the real victims of this blog have gone unrecognized. What about the poor, defenseless pigeons that PittGirl so frequently victimizes with her harsh, critical words? She is even calling for people to fork over $4,000 in her fight to massacre them all. I, for one, say it is time to take a stand. We need to rise up and defend the creatures that cannot speak for themselves. They need us.

4. WrigleyGrec
    April 24, 2007 11:08 am

These will be the same people that if Ben has another season like he did this year will jump on the “run him out of town” bandwagon and chase his ass all the way to the unemployment line like they have with every other QB that has come through Pittsburgh. Continue your harassment of Ben because in the off chance that he reads it maybe we can get his ego back in check.

5. CapitolMAN
    April 24, 2007 11:08 am

The only thing bigger than Big Ben’s melon-shaped noggin is his ego.

6. Strongbad
    April 24, 2007 11:11 am

Y-O-U-R, Y-O-U-apostrophe-R-EEEEEEEEEEEEE!

They’re as different as night and day.

Don’t you think that night and day are different?

7. Geogia Girl
    April 24, 2007 11:52 am

PittGirl you are awesome!! Don’t worry about what all these people are saying…most of them are his forum girls that are going to get worked up over no matter what you say. If they don’t like what you put on here..then don’t come over here and read it.

Speaking only for myself, I was not put here on earth to blow constant sunshine up Big Ben’s butt!! Missy Peregrym can have that job along with all of his little forum girls. Ben has alot to prove this year to the city of pittsburgh and I hope and pray that he is up to the challenge.

8. Displaced Burgher
    April 24, 2007 12:03 pm

Just wait till Ben has a few losing seasons. No one will be defending him then. It’s a requirement for a true yinzer – bash the QB as soon as he’s not playing up to expectations. Face it, it’s inevitable with Ben.

Chill out, people. Sidney does rule.

9. Dave
    April 24, 2007 12:20 pm

bracket.

10. Cardinalsgal10
    April 24, 2007 12:51 pm

Well Georgia Gal-as posted somewhere else on here-Ben may need more help blowing sunshine-Missy was spotted w/Matt Leinart over weekend so she may have already moved on-to yet another QB-can’t blame her for either of them though-both are good looking.

11. Pat
    April 24, 2007 12:55 pm

“why don’t you get YOUR ass ready to take a sac!”

That’s a really unfortunate misspelling at the end there, because damn. Gross.

12. Christina
    April 24, 2007 12:57 pm

Pffffff. It’s not as if you were talking smack about Troysus.

13. Patrick
    April 24, 2007 12:59 pm

My spell checker just gave the f*** up and ran off to Tijuana muttering something that I believed to be “Dónde está donkey show?” and cracking open a fresh pack of Kools.

Confidential to Save_the_rustbelt: I’ve been to Ohio… Your (sic) wrong.

Anyone interested in playing the double entendre game with the “why don’t you get YOUR ass ready to take a sac!” comment?

Anyone? No?

14. Geogia Girl
    April 24, 2007 1:09 pm

Oh good grief, Cardinalsgal10 just posted a big no no. A new rumor about Ben and Missy. You just answered the dreams/prayers of all of those crazy Big Ben Forum girls that are in love with him whether what you said was true or not. I pretty much don’t believe anything anyone says about him or Missy.

Let the craziness begin all over again.

15. wtf
    April 24, 2007 1:10 pm

What ever happened to “free speech”?

I think my favorite part about all of these comments means that they are all reading your blog but get upset about it when they could just NOT READ IT.

Listen folks, she can say whatever the hell she wants.. it’s her blog. If you don’t like it, click on another page or head over to the Trib, that seems like more of the style of article you will enjoy.

16. Kelli
    April 24, 2007 1:11 pm

See, I don’t worry so much about football, until well, closer to when an actual game is played. So, I had no desire to participate in this little conversation.

Until that little comment about hoping Ben marries a girl from Ohio, because they are better or whatever than PA girls. From someone named “Save the Rust Belt?”

Well, I had to jump in there, because it was the funniest thing ever. Because first of all, Ohio girls are not superior to PA girls. I know this because I am a PA girl. And so is PittGirl. So, I think we have settled that.

(The one exception might be Chrissie Hynde, but we all know she has too much class for Ben.)

And second, you had to go an invoke the rust belt, didn’t ya? Well, fine, be the belt, Ohio. Because Pittsburgh is the shining, sparkly buckle.

17. DMac
    April 24, 2007 1:20 pm

Pittgirl, usually I get a chuckle out of some of your remarks, even if they often put-down Ben. He’s not perfect…I never said he was.

I guess I get a little oversensitive to the “wuss” comment after all he did end up doing last season. Just because it wasn’t a great season, doesn’t mean some great things weren’t accomplished…like Ben even playing…JMO

18. yinzersareserious
    April 24, 2007 3:22 pm

Wow, I can’t believe how some of you people are reacting to this. I grew up 2 hours from Pittsburgh and live here now, have never been a Steelers fan(mainly b/c of Cowher), but I love the Buccos and the Pens. Honestly, the way some of you people act makes me wish I didn’t have to tell people I live in Pittsburgh now. Ben is not God. Ben is Ben, a person.

I don’t think PittGirl “jumped on the bandwagon”, you can tell that she likes the Steelers through think and thin. Shes not saying she altogether hates Ben either. I think that she’s just irritated.

BUT, you cannot deny that he uses that damn thumb as an excuse. It should have been healed a season ago and hes still whining and complaining about it. It is frustrating as a person who follows sports to constantly hear about the same injury for a year and a half! My advice to him would be: Get over it, grow up and quit being such a baby! So what if you have a bad game, or throw 6 interceptions. Your thumb was injured over a year ago, should be healed and should no longer be an issue.

19. Save the Pigeons
    April 24, 2007 3:45 pm

Frankly, I think the real issue here is the pigeon-bashing, as a previous poster was brave enough to mention.

Pigeons have been credited with saving thousands of soldiers during World War II.

The best Big Ben can do this year is hope to save face.

:-)

20. Clarion
    April 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Watch out that the government doesn’t list you as a terrorist. Ben-Bashing is soooo unamerican. I’m guessing you’re actually blogging from pakistan. Am I right?

21. Julie_Gong
    April 24, 2007 4:31 pm

OMG. FUNNIEST.COMMENTS.EVER.

I STILL LOVE YOU PITTGIRL!

22. Bram R
    April 24, 2007 5:51 pm

C’mon, PittGirl. You weren’t “just kidding.” Don’t let their long, orange nails frighten you.

23. Corrie
    April 24, 2007 8:22 pm

Dear PittGirl,
    I think you are one of the best bloggers out there. You crack my ass up. Like whenever which one of my three kids is driving me crazy, I can read your blog and I feel a little bit happier. I’m from Pittsburgh, in fact my husband is a professor at one of the Pittsburgh Universities. Big Ben is such a douche and I don’t hate him because he’s younger than me. I’m 30 now I have to get over it. My son has a life size Sidney Crosby poster in his room. We all know to bow down to Sid. So, all the haters should stop hating on you, because you get it! You know how to make fun of Stiegerwald…I have a slight obsession with Pittsburgh News Anchors!

24. Jackie
    April 24, 2007 9:02 pm

The last time Ben had a thumb injury was last training camp…let it go…move on to other issues…

I guess a yinzer never forgets either!

And Pittgirl has said nice things about Benny…but the fact that she started the whole engagment rumor (and its just a rumor until Ben admits he’s dating her) and she can’t let a an injury that if she had and tried to threw a ball would cause her pain as well.

And all of you Burgh folks hang on every single word Ben says and twist it and turn it until you create something that isnt there.

25. Save the Pigeons
    April 24, 2007 9:23 pm

The previous posts pointing out that the pigeons are the ones that need defending are so right! Ben’s a grown boy and can tell lies–oops, I mean “defend himself” just fine. But those pigeons, all they can do is say “coo coo.”

26. Save the Pigeons
    April 24, 2007 10:01 pm

Hey. I’m the original “Save the Pigeons.” You need to distinguish yourself as “Save the Pigeons II.”

Glad you’re down with the cause, though. There just aren’t enough vocal dove-lovers in this world.

And while we’re on the subject of distinction, how does one know whether he or she is listening to a “coo coo” or a “cuckoo?”

27. Save the Pigeons II
    April 25, 2007 9:24 am

Sorry for the infringement, Save the Pigeons.

Clearly, the wise birds are saying “Cuckoo.” They are referring to the crazies that are spending hours of their life defending a guy they don’t even know as if he were a six-year old orphan.

28. cityworker
    April 25, 2007 9:57 am

atleast pittgirl didn’t say the steelers should draft a quarterback this saturday. nothing livens up this place like steelers talk.

29. dwight
    April 25, 2007 2:07 pm

Oy friggin vey! This is madness, I say! Madness!

30. Save the Pigeons
    April 25, 2007 3:08 pm

Are you saying the comments have gone to the birds?

Well, it’s high time, I say.

31. Chase
    April 25, 2007 5:32 pm

I don’t mind people complaining about Ben…as long as they know what they’re talking about.

Which obviously, PittGirl does not.

32. Susanne
    April 25, 2007 7:36 pm

I luv ya Pittgirl. Not famous unless you have haters.
    Scroll up and take a look at the 2 pics of Santonio. Do you think he is TRYING to figure out his routes this year? Was his last play of the season a fluke like Ben’s (much stated in the media) entire career? (NOT MY OPINION) Looks like all Ben can do is laugh. Also.. i would like to sadly report to my fellow readers of any and all things Steeler…sniff…Charlie Batch is kinda douchie..sniff.. say it aint so Chuck. Met him briefly at a basketball fund raising thing Tuesday and he was short yelling at fans to move along and sort of stuck up. SO not how I pictured him! Nate,Smitty,Cochlough B Mac and Dekker were all very gracious. Even with the attitude, it was a very nice thing to raise money for the athletic department & the students. THANKS GUYS! PS. Ben will have an A.ROD season!!!

33. Chase
    April 25, 2007 11:14 pm

Susanne, what are you talking about?

Santonio was great last year. “Do you think he is TRYING to figure out his routes this year?”

He’s a rookie, he’s going to miss some routes. If Jesus was an NFL wide receiver, his rookie year…he’d miss some routes.

Please…don’t talk about football. Ever again.

34. B
    April 26, 2007 12:21 am

Wow. While your point was valid, I’m sure Jesus is just a tad offended–surely there is a better way to make that particular point. But the premise was correct. Santonio did really well in his rookie season and will only improve as time goes on…he is definitely a keeper.

35. jess
    April 26, 2007 2:12 am

Don’t you remember where you are? You know the rules! You can’t say anything bad about the saviors of Pittsburgh sports, until they screw up, and only then may you crucify them. Examples: Lemieux, Jagr, Holmes, Brister, Maddox, Stewart, Bonds, Bonilla, etc.

If you so much as speak out of turn otherwise, the threat of backlash from every birdbrain in our fair city will most likely smother you. But I’m certainly not going to defend Ben, never have, never will, nor do I trust anything that bumbling giant says or does.

I wonder if the Ohio-girl-lover and the girl who used the clusterfuck “ppl” have met? Someone should make a CL missed connection.

I think I’ll go back to basking in my “WHERE ARE YOU, CHARLIE BATCH?! shirt that I made last season.

ps. PittGirl, keep up the incredible work!

36. spoon
    April 26, 2007 7:52 am

next you’re going to tell me Jesus Christ can’t hit a curve ball

37. Susanne
    April 26, 2007 9:17 am

Chase.. first bite me.. then
    Lets talk dropped passes. So someone can have an opinion on a Super Bowl winner and not a clumsy lost rookie? How about YOU go watch baseball!

38. Save the Pigeons
    April 26, 2007 11:11 am

Focus people! It’s the helpless pigeons who need us to stand up for them!

39. Chase
    April 26, 2007 7:55 pm

Susanne…

Pass reception %

Santonio Holmes is second on the team with 57%.

Dropped passes…HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

40. B
    April 26, 2007 8:06 pm

And?! Santonio is second on the team with dropped passses, but the fearless leader Ben Roethlisberger is FIRST in the whole league with 23 interceptions…a far more horrible stat, considering he was in his third year and Santonio was a rookie. I could pour salt in a wound by elaborating on his passing performance in Oakland, but I digress…) Look, we could argue all day about this, but come on. It was last season. As long as Holmes works hard in camp and puts in the time to learn new plays and work on his routes, he should be fine.

41. Susanne
    April 27, 2007 8:14 am

Pittgirl,
    As one hot burg girl to another..I ask you to dis allow a mean stubborn A HOLE like Chase to worship you here at the blog. This is a place for your witty brillance, not that paper cut of person.
    Thanks PG, always fun until one of the homers come out.

42. Chase
    April 27, 2007 11:40 pm

Do always ask for people to be banned once they pwn you?

I am far from a homer.

I just don’t like people who know nothing about football badmouthing the Steelers.

43. SportyGal85
    May 4, 2007 1:47 am

PittGirl, don’t listen to the haters, I personally like reading about Benny and Steelers on your site because this is one of the few places where you can say whatever you honestly think about Benny without someone jumping all over you or deleting your comment if you’re not contributing to the myth that Ben is the greatest, hottest, most wonderful, loving, caring, amazing man walking the planet. On your site, you can defend Ben if you want or bash him if you think he’s wrong and everybody’s cool with it. That’s true free speech; keep it up PG!

44. B
    May 4, 2007 1:49 am

Amen!!!!

45. Jenn
    July 7, 2007 11:56 pm

Why don’t you all kiss this chick’s ass some more??
    LOL
    This is a prime example of how lame blogging really is…when you look up to someone like Pittgirl…LMAO

46. B
    July 12, 2007 2:14 pm

And Jenn, I guess someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to read her blog, right? *Snicker* This blog is funny, whether PittGirl is blogging about Ben, the mayor, or the pigeons. The chick is witty, whether or not you agree with her. And wit is actually a sign of high intellegence. Lighten up.

47. Funky Dung
    July 13, 2007 11:23 am

“Just wait till Ben has a few losing seasons.”

Or allegedly “slashes” his way through the “fruit loop”. Then the gloves come off (sorry to use a metaphor from the wrong sport).

48. Funky Dung
    July 13, 2007 11:25 am

BTW, to borrow a PittGirlism, she cracks my shit up. :)

49. Connie
    July 13, 2007 4:09 pm

Um, Corrie? Life-size Sidney? Where exactly would I find myself one of those? Tee-hee!