Never enough hair product.

Has this ever happened to you?

You’re thinking about buying a new car when a friend says to you, “Hey, YOU, you should really consider getting a XYZ car.” And you say, “An XYZ car? I’ve never heard of the XYZ. What does it look like? Does anyone out there actually drive an XYZ?”

Then the very next day, you see about 400 XYZ’s. They’re everywhere. In every color.  In fact, your mom drives an XYZ.  It’s just no one ever pointed them out to you before.

That ever happen to you?

Exact. Same. Thing:

blee1 wrote:

I want your opinion on something.

I’ve been going to some of the local clubs over the last few weeks (Palm, Pure)
mainly because my friends have wanted to and I noticed that Pittsburgh has had a sudden influx of, for lack of a better term, guido‘s.

I saw so many spikey haired steroid-ed Italian guys in skin tight tshirts that I lost count.

When did this happen?

Seriously.  Now that you’ve been told that they have invaded, you’re going to see them everywhere, too.

Although, I’m assuming they invaded.  I sure hope it’s not really that a huge chunk of Burgh guys took a look at the Gotti kids and said, “Now THAT is a look I can pull off.”

1. Bryan from Queens
    April 25, 2007 8:27 pm

Pittgirl, I live on long island. It is the undisputed guido capital of the world. I suggest you stock up on bottled water and ramen, baricade your doors, duct tape the windows shut and settle in to weather the storm. They’ll soon have taken complete control, and those hair gel fumes can be noxious.

More information on the Long Island Guido epidemic, as well as some tips on how to combat them, can be found here:

2. Miss H
    April 25, 2007 8:30 pm

ha, speaking of guidos…which I must say I am shocked to hear of in the hometown…
    check what this guy has to say on the subject…which is vast

3. Anthony
    April 25, 2007 10:41 pm

I debated at length whether or not to respond to this post as I am not one to rock the blog and think people are too thin-skinned in the PC age in which we live, but I have to say that I take offense to the term “Guido.” I’ll leave it at that. But this is Pittsburgh. Excessive hair product and ill-fitting clothing—this is something new in Pittsburgh?! Give me a fucking break. Any given weekend, one can also see plenty of Sean’s and Adolf’s and Stush’s at local clubs cheesed-out to the max.

4. gunn lino
    April 25, 2007 11:02 pm

Anthony ( ‘Tone )
    Relax…..Don’t take it so seriously, it’s not a personal attack……if you’re that unsure of who & what you are you can always switch to a mullet, high tops (unlaced) and get a NASCAR jacket ‘nat.
    Billy Ray Cyrus is coming out with a new CD shortly, git r dun, dude.

5. Bram R
    April 26, 2007 12:05 am

In high school, we used the term “greasers.”

Gunn Lino might be on to something. It could be Sopranos fever. Christopher Moltisanti cleaned himself up, and is producing movies now.

6. spoon
    April 26, 2007 7:45 am

this is why I shave my head and lack a tan so when stories like this come out I can finally call other people “FREAK”. :)

7. Julie_Gong
    April 26, 2007 8:50 am

Wow you are stirring up controversy every day now Pittgirl. I for one am enjoying the heck out of it. Oh and btw… Big Ben sucks.

On to the ‘guido’s’… blee1 you’re problem is in where you’re going. Guys like that flock to those kind of places. The blacklights really show off their tight shirts and muscles. Luckily I hang out at Jack’s and that just doesn’t happen there.

8. Big John
    April 26, 2007 9:24 am

Maybe I’m wrong here, but could one state that there is an obvious corelation between the increased sightings of the “Swarthy-skinned, overly geled” (to stay PC here) gentlemen, and the fact that Pittsburgh is again ranked the most livable city in the U.S?

Naaah – It’s got to be PittGirl that pushed us over the top.

9. Ishmael
    April 26, 2007 9:30 am

Aren’t the Stush’s the guys who never leave the left lane on I-79 between Erie and the 279 interchange? You know — late 40’s or early 50’s, pick-up truck, dragging a boat, driving the speed limit, a cigarette or cigar hanging from their open mouths. I’m sure you’ve seen them. They’re out every Sunday between May 15 and September 10. They usually mate with women named Cheryl but they pronounce it “shirl.”

10. blee1
    April 26, 2007 10:32 am

Julie, I used to hang at jacks but the smoke was just too much for me.

I’ve been going to those clubs because most of my friends are single and those places seem to have some very attractive women. I also happen to like good dance music (though only because I used to DJ in college).

They do seem to flock to those places and perhaps it is because I usually don’t go to those places (I like to be able to hear what the person beside me is saying) that I noticed the influx. Also, I do read http://standingonthebox.blogspot.com/ so that is where I lifted the term from.

11. Ms. Caroline
    April 26, 2007 3:21 pm

What’s a Sean, an Adolf & a Stush?

12. Zsa
    April 27, 2007 10:09 am

These are the sons of the dudes who used to hang out at Donzi’s and hit on (and apparently, impregnate) the Kelly Bundy lookalikes that were there. Dynasty!

13. TRUTH TELLER