OMG!

I’m sure by now you’ve heard, actually I KNOW you’ve heard because a whole bunch of you emailed me to tell me you OMG heard!!!

The Chief of Making Shit Up is now going to be the Chief of The Old Geezers Office.

“This is something I felt was necessary to do in my administration moving
forward
,” said Ravenstahl. “Certainly, when you work in the mayor’s office, it
is the highest level of city government, so if you go from there to somewhere
else, it can be perceived as a demotion. I just felt it was appropriate in
moving forward that these positions were brought up, examined and a change was needed.”

First of all, TWO DRINKS, YAY!!  Early start to the weekend.

Second of all:

Mr. Skrinjar said his role will be overseeing senior activities and programming. “It’s a new challenge. It’s a new era,” he said. “The seniors are the foundation of what America’s Most Livable City is built on.”

Sounds like a activities director on a cruise, doesn’t it.  I love this style of assignment of duties.  You are an old person, so you are now in charge of the Old People Stuff.

Which is great because if I worked for the City, I would be in charge of the Hot People Office.

Can’t wait to see who the new Chief of Making Shit Up will be.

1. DW
    April 27, 2007 2:57 pm

well, we’re the most romantic city for boomers after all…he’ll make a great activities director!

2. mer-man
    April 27, 2007 3:06 pm

Skrinjar has moved forward to a lower paying job.

Why is it like every 6-months they have a massacre down there?

3. GeeO
    April 27, 2007 3:22 pm

Looks like the chaos in the Boy Mayor’s office continues since the firing of the three professionals last summer. What a mess. Of course, Opie is not in charge, I’m sure there’s a whole network of the Old Guard pulling the strings and telling him what to say every step of the way. I’d love to see an expose of what’s really going on down there.

Dick will be busy passing out tote bags and bag clips at the senior centers, and Lukie is happy that he can sip on as many juice boxes as he likes as we all MOVE FORWARD.

4. Ms. Monongahela
    April 27, 2007 4:38 pm

According to our reports, the ad execs at the P-G saw this coming more than a week ago!

5. Matt H
    April 27, 2007 5:47 pm

This wasn’t a massacre. People saw this coming. I figured eventually he would phase out folks from another administration. A lot of people do that. They bring in their own. It comes with the territory.

6. mer-man
    April 27, 2007 6:22 pm

Those who got canned didn’t see it coming.

This was less a new administration cleaning house, than it was the Big Redd winning a power struggle.

Or at least this chapter. Zobes might have just started the doomsday clock on his position in the office.

7. employment specialist
    April 27, 2007 8:20 pm

Can’t wait to see who the new Chief of Making Shit Up will be.

Drum roll please —- TWANDA CARLISLE —

8. MRPGH
    April 28, 2007 7:33 am

“The firing of the three professionals last summer??” Didn’t O’Connor do that from his hospital bed?

9. Matt H
    April 28, 2007 6:03 pm

Yes he did do it from his hospital bed.

Twanda Carlisle will not have any role in the Ravenstahl administration.