Zip a dee doo dah!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sonic, the Oklahoma-based drive-in restaurant chain, said one of its first stores in the region will be in the Village at Pittsburgh Mills in Frazer …

1. Chris
    May 3, 2007 9:27 am

Finally, their commercials will actually have some sort of relevance in our area….I was getting tired of seeing those damn things only to find out I had to drive 123 miles to Heath, OH…the closest location.

2. NY Luvs Pitts
    May 3, 2007 9:33 am

Why do they do that????!!!!!??? I have to drive even further than that and they flood the tv with commercials in NY like they’re just up the street and around the corner.

3. Johnny
    May 3, 2007 9:54 am

I’ll race you there.

4. sonic lover
    May 3, 2007 10:22 am

Sonic mmmmmmmmm goooooooooddd

5. Mr. Wind-Up Bird
    May 3, 2007 11:18 am

Five Guys has the best fast food burgers in town. Nothing better than a burger from Five Guy and a some fries with cheese and 40oz of Old English from the dirty O.

Forget Sonic.

6. Uncle Crappy
    May 3, 2007 11:34 am

If you haven’t had anything from Sonic, you have no idea how good it is. No. Idea. The chili dogs? I’m drooling already…

7. Kelli
    May 3, 2007 1:25 pm

Mr. Wind Up Bird, why would you get your burger from 5 Guys and your fries from the O. That is just silly. 5 Guys have excellent fries, which actually come in human (large human, but human) size portions. Why not just get them there?

And second, why would you compare 5 guys to Sonic? It sounds like you have never had Sonic, because that comparison is apples and oranges, my friend.

Frozen cherry lime-ade and tater tots, come to me.

8. sean
    May 3, 2007 2:53 pm

the best burgers anywhere, ever, are “in’n’out” burgers, but sadly, they’re only found out west…an “in’n’out” burger joint here in pittsburgh would kill…

9. Chris
    May 3, 2007 3:45 pm

I’m a big fan of Bar Louie’s $1 burger night on Tuesday’s down at the waterfront…thought, price doesn’t include drinks. Luckily, it also falls on nine dollar beer night…I’m not familiar with In n Out, and its been forever since I’ve been at a Sonic….do they grill the burghers to order? Or are they more like McDonald’s in that respect?

10. Sofa King
    May 3, 2007 4:48 pm

Ugh…5 Guys? OVERRATED. You can’t throw a midget, err…”little person”, down here in DC without hitting 2 of their stores. They’ve been rated “best burgers in DC” for like 10 years running, which just tells you how crap-tacular the food is here.

With the proliferation of Sonics around the Pittsburgh area, we’re guaranteed to keep that Most Livable ranking for years to come. In fact, they might have to just start a seperate list just for us.

11. SysCruncher
    May 3, 2007 6:48 pm

Now, all we need is an IHOP, and we’ll be set. I’m all for one in Cranberry.

12. yum
    May 3, 2007 10:59 pm

Uncle Crappy is soooo right…Sonic is chronic…crack even…Limeade’s are beastly…just moved to Charlotte NC from Brownsville,Pa, so I can get Sonic on tha regular…Fatburger in Robinson…Sonic in Pittsburgh Mills…culinary come up abound in SWPa….ghhhyeahhhh!

13. darrin
    May 4, 2007 9:56 am

Sonic does provide good eatin’ …. but any half-wit Yihnzer knows it’s worth the parking hassle to drag his sorry bumm to Bloomfield for a burger at Tessaro’s. Ain’t no better anywhere. And that’s what makes the ‘burgh (specifically the east end’s Bloomfield-Lawrenceville-Friendship)the hands-down most liveable spot.

14. Zsa
    May 4, 2007 10:21 am

SysCruncher – rejoice with me, they’re coming. Supposedly.

Until then, Pamela’s mmmmmmmmm.

May 4, 2007 10:32 am

Tessaro’s, aye.

16. Steeler Tom
    May 4, 2007 10:51 pm

Sonic’s burgers blow.
    The Chili Dog rocks
    Their drinks are good
    Shakes & Malts are good too.
    But the burgers really blow. Oh and every time I go to one I see tater tots and all I can think of is that GD movie Napolian Dynamite… My kid drives me Nuckin Futz with that line every time we go there…..
    ARRRRAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!

One other thing bugs me about the place……. It used to be ketchup wasn’t an option there for anything besides Frys? Whats that all about?

17. PittGirl
    May 5, 2007 8:10 am

When you’re a freshman at college in Texas putting on the Freshman 15, Sonic burgers really come in handy.

18. BDog
    May 10, 2007 12:24 am

Yes everything is made to order. The Pittsburgh Mills site has been confirmed, and the franchisee plans to break ground soon. We are super excited to serve the Pittsburgh market. The franchisee is a native of the area and tells me he is getting a ton of positive feedback from virtually everyone he encounters. Please keep posting your thoughts on the food and the location.