The best that money can buy?

Somehow, somewhere, a trapeze artist has lost his net.

Yikes.

1. danopsu
    May 8, 2007 9:48 am

AHHH the movers and shakers in Americas Most Liveable City….AHEM…(In my best Thurston Howell III voice):

“Oh lovey…I wonder what the poor people are doing today…”

Im guessing they arent wearing a hat like that on purpose…

2. Mr. Wind-Up Bird
    May 8, 2007 9:52 am

Does she have gills?

3. Jackie
    May 8, 2007 9:56 am

She even look likes she has a stick up her ass!

4. Sofa King
    May 8, 2007 10:00 am

I have an inexplicable hatred for women in ridiculous hats…not quite sure why, but they infuriate me for some reason. Maybe it’s the pretentiousness or something, but when I saw that picture my blood pressure shot up a full 20 points.

5. c
    May 8, 2007 10:32 am

I feel the same way about middle aged men on motorcycles with not hat!

6. NY Luvs Pitts
    May 8, 2007 10:48 am

Thanks, I needed this. My boss is traveling and is driving me crazy w/emails. I decided to take a breather and visit Pittgirl. You never let me down.

7. Meliss
    May 8, 2007 10:53 am

I see money doesnt buy taste.Im wondering who told her the hat looked nice. Thank god the eyeshadow matches. Nice touch

8. Bram R
    May 8, 2007 11:01 am

You really miss the full effect without the cane and the 12″ platform heels, filled with live tropical fish.

9. TRUTH TELLER
    May 8, 2007 11:43 am

What the f*ck???!!!

10. mer-man
    May 8, 2007 12:12 pm

She’s trying to avoid those GIANT mosquitos that attacked Don Cannon.

11. TRUTH TELLER
    May 8, 2007 12:16 pm

LOL – Yes, that’s it!!!

May 8, 2007 12:31 pm

Sofa King etc.: So how did yinz-all (sorry, I lived in the South for awhile) like that number the Queen wore the other day? If you’d turned it upside down and filled it with fake grass it would have been perfect for holding jelly beans, chocolate bunnies (PittGirl bit the ears off again) and, of course, marshmallow peeps.

13. Maria in Pgh
    May 8, 2007 5:20 pm

PittGirl: I don’t know but I’m thinking that this hat and this hat are close rivals in silliness to the one you pictured.

Sofa King: Do not click on links! I will not have your death on my hands!

14. gunn lino
    May 8, 2007 7:12 pm

What she should have done is take the money she spent on that hat and gotten a neck lift instead.

15. Bluetail
    May 8, 2007 8:37 pm

Remember that netting under the bridge into Greenfield, from Schenley Park, over the Parkway that caught chunks of concrete before they landed on the roof of your SUV? Why I think it’s been recycled!!!!!

May 8, 2007 8:39 pm

Let’s see … if f’in’ ugly is condensed to “fug,” what’s the condensation for “smug” and “ugly”? (Hail, I’d say: She looks like hail.) “Smugly,” I guess. Yes, that’s it, she’s smugly. She thinks she looks like the Queen of England. Oh, wait …

17. Pinto Alegre
    May 8, 2007 9:43 pm

Who the hell is Audrey Fisher anyways?!?

18. Sofa King
    May 9, 2007 8:18 am

Smugly…I like that! In addition to the hat, it’s definitely her smugly face that makes me want to back a truck over her…repeatedly…

:-)

The queen gets a pass in the ugly hat department because A) she’s the friggin’ queen of England, and B) she’s about 126 years old. It just wouldn’t look right for her to sit down at a state dinner at the White House with a Red Sox cap on.

19. Krista
    May 11, 2007 12:29 am

I saw this on the Trib’s website the other day and asked myself why this woman chose to wear THAT with all the money she has. The look on her face says what she is thinking: “Great. Now I’m going to be in the paper. I knew I should have went to Saks instead.”

20. maverick
    June 6, 2007 12:34 am

Didn’t I see her in WATERWORLD???

21. esperanza
    June 6, 2007 9:19 am

i’m not sure what facial expression would go with that hat. but it definitely isn’t the ‘sour puss’ expression. dammit, i never think of the flying nun on wednesdays. now this.