Wanted: Shit Maker Upper

Reader Paperback Writer wrote me and linked me to this entry at Metroblogging Pittsburgh about how Lukey is on the hunt for a new Chief of Making Shit Up, with a salary of $71k.

Paperback Writer says PittGirl would be perfect for this job.

Considerable knowledge of:
· City policies and procedures.
· General management.
· City and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures, including personnel and labor relations.

And the ability to:
· Identify problems and develop, propose and implement approved solutions.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Comprehend data and technical information.
· Maintain records.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with administration, associates, outside agencies and the general public.

The bar is not high, people. Maintain records? Can you file? Can you keep a phone log? Can you, most importantly, be the person who holds the public line for the boy wonder?

More importantly, can you MAKE SHIT UP?

PittGirl would be perfect, except for two things … Firstly, I don’t live in the city and B. I have heard enough horror stories to know that working for the City is pretty much hell on earth and that after two weeks on the job you kind of want to commit suicide.

No thanks.

Also?  lukeravenstahl.com?  NOT Lukey’s website.

1. Bob
    May 8, 2007 8:45 am

She’s moving forward. Well, more sort of LEANING forward, I guess.

2. paperback writer
    May 8, 2007 9:13 am

Aw! I still think you would be perfect! It’d give me something else to laugh about!

3. skip
    May 8, 2007 10:23 am

I wonder if this website has anything to do with the Garden Theater or its new name, “The Return of the Garden” – Directed by Luke Ravenstahl.

4. Anonymous
    May 8, 2007 5:27 pm

For the record, there is an LRavenstahl with a profile on something like Adultfinder dot com. That’s not really Mayor Luke Ravenstahl, either.

5. Jordan
    May 9, 2007 11:01 pm

Nice. The always despicable WTAE/ Wendy Bell station picked up on the luke website.

6. Lost faith in bill
    September 14, 2007 3:55 pm

RUN PEDUTO…. RUN!

Just like Forest Gump Mr. Peduto runs…. From fire. But wait! Today Mr. Peduto showed up at the Police and Fire Academy to try and show that he can indeed keep up with Mayor Luke. Mayor Luke, showed off his ability to stick with a job even if it gets a little hot at times by… fighting a fire. Mr. Peduto was at Mayor Lukes side… for about 30 seconds… Apparently Mr. Peduto cant take the heat. He ran out of the fire… just like he ran out of the Mayors race