Reader Paperback Writer wrote me and linked me to this entry at Metroblogging Pittsburgh about how Lukey is on the hunt for a new Chief of Making Shit Up, with a salary of $71k.
Paperback Writer says PittGirl would be perfect for this job.
Considerable knowledge of:
· City policies and procedures.
· General management.
· City and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures, including personnel and labor relations.
And the ability to:
· Identify problems and develop, propose and implement approved solutions.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Comprehend data and technical information.
· Maintain records.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with administration, associates, outside agencies and the general public.
The bar is not high, people. Maintain records? Can you file? Can you keep a phone log? Can you, most importantly, be the person who holds the public line for the boy wonder?
More importantly, can you MAKE SHIT UP?
PittGirl would be perfect, except for two things … Firstly, I don’t live in the city and B. I have heard enough horror stories to know that working for the City is pretty much hell on earth and that after two weeks on the job you kind of want to commit suicide.
Also? lukeravenstahl.com? NOT Lukey’s website.