Random n@.

1. Bob Mayo puts PittGirl in her place for ever doubting the awesomeness that is Bob Mayo.

2. A reader, an awesome reader whose email I lost, alerted me that KDKA had a slideshow of their employees’ graduation photos. He’s not the on-air “talent,” but I need to point out this slide of one Corey Martin rocking the early ’90s Chandler Bing. Sweater vest? Check. Loafers sans socks? Check. Tapered acid-washed jeans? Check! (h/t to that awesome reader).

3. The Pirates snatched the paddle and spanked the Braves.

Still, go figure a team looking so thoroughly lost, then looking like it could extend innings for hours.

“That’s baseball,” Wilson said.

No, Jack. That is McClatchy/Nutting/Pirates baseball. Big diff.

4. Have you noticed how much Doug Shields looks and talks like Pee Wee Herman? Seriously.

1. Alix
    May 14, 2007 12:47 pm

OK, so maybe Bob Mayo should be given a break since he is, after all, just a TV “reporter.” But how many spelling and punctuation errors do you see on his PittGirl-bashing post. C’mon, Bob!

2. Dave
    May 14, 2007 1:47 pm

Um…I’m wondering how many kegs Corey tapped at OSU…did you see the after picture?

That boy’s all growed-up…shed the vest and downed more than his far share of cold ones…..

3. DW
    May 14, 2007 2:10 pm

Ross Guidotti looks cool ;)

4. Bob
    May 14, 2007 2:57 pm

Heh — yeah, WTAE goes to great lengths to protect their sources. Check out the video on this page:
    …and pay attention about 2/3 of the way through the story, as the voice-over “…this neighbor, who asked not to be identified…” airs about three seconds after a graphic appears with the woman’s name on it.

5. Bob Mayo
    May 14, 2007 5:31 pm

Alix,

There’s nothing in my post that bashes PittGirl in any way. I opened by telling her I appreciated her concern, then I answered the issues she raised, finally closing with a “thanks for listening”.

My spell check didn’t turn up any problems, though this morning I did correct “Pitt Girl” to “PittGirl” and “Burg Blog” to “Burgh Blog”. Blogger software always condenses my double-spaces after periods to single-space, but I confess I have no solid defense for my placement of that comma in final sentence of the first paragraph. Please feel free to e-mail me with any other suggestions.

Bob,
    I checked out the story by Ari you mentioned. It appears to me that there was a second neighbor who appeared at the end of the report. My guess is that the director flashed that second person’s name on the screen early, while the neighbor in shadows was speaking.

6. Roberto Luongo
    May 14, 2007 8:45 pm

Ease up on Bob, kids. I’ve dealt with him on a professional basis many times. He’s a nice guy and a pretty good reporter. There are many, many worse in our fair city.