Oh, wise PittGirl.

An email:

My name is Robyn, and I’m the “relationship” guru for Go Magazine (we’re one of those freebie tabs you find in Starbucks and such places …) I’m working on  an article for June to play off all these “lists” Pittsburgh keeps landing on (“Smart Places to Live” and “Nice Drivers”, etc.) — so the article is going to include the lists:

– best places to make out in Pittsburgh/Pitt’s ‘burbs

– best places to go out if you want to get some in Pittsburgh/Pitt’s ‘burbs

– best places to go the morning after you got some in Pittsburgh/Pitt’s ‘burbs

– Pittsburghers you most want to make out with

And I turn to you, oh wise PittGirl, for suggestions on all these lists. You and your blog will, of course, be cited for any suggestions. Feel free to post on your blog, too, to solicit your loyal readers’ advice on these oh-so-important lists as well. Because I know there has to be somewhere better to get some in Pittsburgh than Jack’s on the South Side, but I just need some help…

Many many many thanks for any help you can give!

Okay, while PittGirl isn’t a prude who doesn’t believe in PDA, I however can’t say that I’ve been known to full on make-out in public (Cancun doesn’t count because what happens in Cancun sure as hell better STAY there), so you all need to give suggestions on that one.

As for “getting some” in the Burgh. How’s Gist Street in the Hill working out for you guys? Because: Ho ho ho.

I also have no idea about the “morning after” getting some, but I imagine lots of you are saying to yourselves either “Eat n’ Park” or “the free clinic.”

And finally, if I have to tell you the Pittsburgher I would most like to make out with, you obviously are not as obsessed with me as you should be.  Ben Roethlisberger.

Suggestions should be emailed to robyndrusso@gmail.com.

Also, I like the sound of “Oh, wise PittGirl” and am half-tempted to start a regular feature where you can get free advice not from PittGirl, but from “Oh, wise PittGirl.”

Email me, bitches and me and my PittGirl Ball o’ Magic will see what we can do for you.

1. Dave
    May 17, 2007 9:53 am

“best places to go out if you want to get some in Pittsburgh/Pitt’s ‘burbs”?

In back parking lot between Hamburg Hall and the Robotics Institute at CMU?

2. TRUTH TELLER
    May 17, 2007 10:02 am

Eat and Park is definitely the “morning after” place to have some breakfast. I live in the ‘burbs, have been married for 8 years and own a home (I prefer my own bed thank you), so I have no idea about make-out spots. As far as WHO I’d like to make out with…you guessed it Big Ben (although he also annoys the shit out of me at the same time, go figure!)

3. Denise
    May 17, 2007 10:35 am

Pittgirl…I am upset with you!
    You didn’t list David Conrad as your choice
    of who to make out with? Ok, I’ll take him!!

4. pittgirl
    May 17, 2007 10:38 am

Apparently my attempt at sarcasm completely didn’t take. :)

I am well documented on this blog to thinking Benny is fug and gross.

You’ll see David Conrad’s name in the tags, and that is because OF COURSE that is my answer. I thought it was evident.

Sorry for the confusion, but you can’t have him.

Heh.

5. Denise
    May 17, 2007 11:03 am

Sorry Pittgirl! It is too early here in San Diego, and I
    am still half asleep! I saw his name in the tag, and it
    just didn’t connect…my apologies – I just need to drink
    my non-fat latte, and wake up! You still rock!

6. blee1
    May 17, 2007 11:11 am

“Best places to go to get some”:

The airport, then take a plane to Charleston, SC and realize that the ugly women there = the hot women here and that the hot women there are more approachable than the ugly ones here.

This town sucks for being single and I do believe it has to do with the ‘snobbiness’ of most of the women in this town. That can inversely be related to the amount of meat heads here and the basic assumptions women then make about most men but regardless it is no excuse…

7. Pat
    May 17, 2007 11:19 am

The most cliched place to make out has gotta be the viewpoints on Mt. Washington. Nobody up there seems to have any PDA inhibitions: usually you’d think makeout spots are semi-private, but people are up there going at it in full view of anyone.

8. Dawn
    May 17, 2007 11:21 am

Pittgirl, I love me some David Conrad but I would love to make out with that dinosaur man Matt Lamanna. Hands down hottest man in the burgh!

9. Displaced Burgher
    May 17, 2007 11:35 am

You can give me Sidney Crosby to make out with.

10. L
    May 17, 2007 12:05 pm

Pamela’s for morning after–at least if you live in the city. I can’t count the number of couples (one of whom was clearly wearing last night’s clothes) having awkward breakfasts I’ve seen there.

11. Sofa King
    May 17, 2007 12:23 pm

Aww, c’mon, BLee, Pittsburgh’s not all that bad. There are a lot of hot women (aged 21-30) in Pittsburgh, you just have to go to the right places. On a percentage basis, Pittsburgh girls are hotter than any city I’ve been to, and I travel regularly to NYC, Miami, and even Charleston, SC. Even my friends that I’ve brought back from DC have commented on it…I don’t know where they came from, but I wish they were there when I was in college. The only problem I have with the girls up there is what I call the “10 Second Window.” When you’re out at a bar and a girl “gives you the eye,” you have approximately 10 seconds to go drum up conversation before they ice you down. In DC, you get a minimum of 15 minutes…unlimited time if they give you “the look” twice. In NYC, you don’t even need to try…they come up to you and ask you out.

Place to make out- The overlook at Schenley Park.

Place to try to get some- Maybe Buckhead or Carson City, mostly anywhere on Carson St., really

Morning after- Pamela’s, no doubt

Burghers to make out with- Hmm….

12. joey
    May 17, 2007 12:23 pm

It is painfully obvious that Robyn has never been to Pittsburgh, and likely couldn’t find it on a map.

13. Robyn
    May 17, 2007 12:35 pm

Um, Joey, while I’m currently a displaced Pittsburgher, I lived there for more than 20 years– grew up there, worked there a while, just moved from it 8 months ago. So I can find it pretty well on a map. I was just looking for other burgh-ers opinions.

14. mer-man
    May 17, 2007 1:04 pm

“best places to go the morning after you got some in Pittsburgh/Pitt’s ‘burbs”

Allegheny County Health Department.

15. TRUTH TELLER
    May 17, 2007 1:15 pm

Sienna, is that you??? :)

16. PittinDC
    May 17, 2007 2:04 pm

We would always go to South Park in high school for some serious hook up action away from our parent’s houses. I’m sure (ok, I’m hoping!) people don’t go there to hook up much BEYOND high school, but you never know:) It was still an excellent make out spot back in the day. Oh the memories…

And, definetly, Eat N Puke for the morning after. Nothing better in the burbs.

17. spoon
    May 17, 2007 2:16 pm

Moved here about 8.5 years ago and absolutely love this city. People need to get past the fear of driving to other parts of town or as I’ve been told “anything past a tunnel or across a river is the other side of the world”. Crazy yinzers.

– best places to make out in Pittsburgh/Pitt’s ‘burbs
    Well since the Garden Theater is no more I’ll have to say ummmm ummmmm Kordell Stewart’s Schenley Circle

– best places to go out if you want to get some
    Club Erotica or outside of any bar on the South Side after 2am.

– best places to go the morning after
    Bellevue Diner and order the Breakfast Burrito.

– Pittsburghers you most want to make out with
    Alison Morris. She really pulled it out this… err wait. She really stepped it up this year. I’ve always been a fan of the WPXI 1-2-3 punch of Newlin-Krista-Katrina. This year though, that 3some gets bumped to #2.

18. joey
    May 17, 2007 2:44 pm

Allison Morris’ lips are way too thin to be make-out worthy.

Sofa King: You are high. I’m from S. FL. and Pittsburgh chicks are nowhere near the talent in NYC or MIA. I mean, the comparison is laughable.

Robyn, I see that you, like many other Gen-Yers, decided to get the hell out of town. Speaks volumes, doesn’t it…..

19. PittinPitt
    May 17, 2007 2:52 pm

Best place to make out in Pittsburgh:
    West End Overlook

Best place to go out if you want to get some:
    Not sure. I never had much success getting any one nighters here.

Best place to go the morning after:
    Pamela’s in Millvale

Pittsburgher with whom you most want to make out:
    Meg or Caitlin at the East End Food Co-op.

20. Sofa King
    May 17, 2007 3:20 pm

Well, I’m sorry you don’t agree, Joey. I’m in South Florida and NYC several times a year and while I’ll agree there are more hot women in both cities, from what I’ve seen on a percentage basis Pittsburgh more than holds its own on a percentage basis, at least in 21-30 year olds. My friends that live in NYC agree, as do my friends that travel to both places regularly. Mansion in South Beach is pretty good, but the girls are such assholes I couldn’t stand to even talk to them. I have nothing but love for NYC girls, though.

Hell, even Howard Stern talks about the women in Pittsburgh on his show…

21. Sofa King
    May 17, 2007 3:21 pm

Bah! I need to proofread more thoroughly.

22. TRUTH TELLER
    May 17, 2007 3:29 pm

Howard Stern is MARRYING a pittsburgher…Beth Ostrosky

23. spoon
    May 17, 2007 3:45 pm

“Allison Morris’ lips are way too thin to be make-out worthy.”

WHAT! no freakin way man. They’re perfect size. Not overly plump and not pencil thin small. They’re delicious.

24. Uncle Crappy
    May 17, 2007 4:24 pm

Best make-out spot? Old married guy says: my living room couch.

Pamela’s in the Strip is the best breakfast around, whether it’s the morning after or not.

Burgher we’d most like to make out with? I am flat-out amazed that no one has said PittGirl.

Of course, I’d have to run that by my wife first…

25. DW
    May 17, 2007 4:36 pm

– best make -out place? well, my couch of course.

– if you want to get some (likely nasty), you could hit craigslist up!

– eat n puke or pamela’s for b-fast

– I could see Wendy Bell being a hot make-out partner…or the sweet Sonni Abatta.

26. joey
    May 17, 2007 4:58 pm

Stern is an old fart that is happy he scored a “trophy” wife, who just happens to be from the burgh. He is irrelevant at this point.

I would say that Pittsburgh has a decent percentage of hot chicks for a midwest town, but doesn’t compare to SFL (although they are more approachable, I’ll give you that).

Re: Allison Morris: She has no top lip, man.

27. PittCheMBA
    May 17, 2007 7:22 pm

I can’t tell if Robyn is insulting or complimenting PittGirl about her knowledge of where to make out or get some. Obviously, Robyn is aware of the huge audience of the BurghBlog, and knew she would receive a lot of responses.

28. #7
    May 17, 2007 8:01 pm

Well I am not from Pittsburgh,I am from Florida, and we aren’t a bunch of assholes here. But I would make out with Big Ben in a heartbeat. And Pittgirl, I am glad to hear you think Ben is fug and gross, you will be just one less standing in my way.

29. Brando
    May 17, 2007 10:13 pm

Best Make Out Place – The Old Mill at Kennywood, duh!

Best Place to Get Some – Is the drive-thru strip club on Rt. 22 still open?

Best Place the AM After – Primanti Bros.. Nothing says, “I need to freshen up” like a jumbo and cheese sandwich topped with fries and slaw.

Most Make-Outable Yinzer – According to beautiful 22 year old women…it’s Joe Hardy.

30. Bram R
    May 17, 2007 10:57 pm

I will say this, and I have never really been anywhere else like S Fl or Mia or whateverthenuts, but there has been a NOTICABLE improvement in Pittsburgh women over the last two years alone.

Or more scientifically, the SWNA Index (Stylish Women with Nice Asses index) has gone way up, esp in many neighborhoods you would not expect. And believe you me, that is THE MOST RELIABLE leading economic indicator you can find. PITTSBURGH IS BLOWIN UP:

31. yess
    May 18, 2007 1:50 am

I mostly agree with Sofa King, in that the girls that WILL TALK TO YOU are MUCH better looking here. SFL has tons of prostitutes/money-hungry bitches that I’m not interested in, but WPA has a lot of approachable nice dateable girls.

32. spoon
    May 18, 2007 10:16 am

Joey, this isn’t Pvt. Benjamin Buford ‘Bubba’ Blue from the shrimp boat I’m talkin about here. They’re proportional :)

You’re dead on about Stern!

33. Zsa
    May 18, 2007 10:56 am

After reading this thread, I think that I would rather go to Pamela’s and Primanti’s than go to the bother of making out. My hair never gets twisted around the button of a crepe’s shirt.

Brando – the Old Mill at Kennywood is now a cheesy commercial piece of crap called Garfield’s Nightmare. Much like Hard Rock Cafe, you have to walk past the merchandise to get into the ride. The only people I can think of who could get past all that and make out there anyway are those with weekend passes for conjugal visits.

34. joey
    May 18, 2007 11:04 am

BTW, did Becky Hower get some lipo or a personal trainer? She is looking pretty smoking lately.

35. spoon
    May 18, 2007 11:44 am

She’s getting ready for her big move back to Erie Penn. Those boxes wont move themselves!

36. TRUTH TELLER
    May 18, 2007 11:50 am

joey, i think maybe your tactics (or your looks) are impeding you in your quest for an attractive woman to keep you company. It shouldn’t matter what the ratio of hot women vs not-hot women is…if you’re an interesting, well-spoken and (atleast) remotely attractive individual, you will succeed. Perhaps this is why you are still single…unless your a single ASS (PG’s word not mine)like that guy from the other thread.

Zsa, I agree about the Garfield thing…The Old Mill WAS the ultimate make-out ride…have many fond memories of rockin’ those old boats ;)

37. Brando
    May 18, 2007 12:53 pm

The Old Mill….gone?!?!?! Ack!

Please…for the love of all Kennywood maker-outers everywhere…at least tell me that The Gold Rush is still open.

What’s a guy got to do to find a lame ride in the dark?

38. Agent Ska
    May 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Best place to make out- The Point can be cool in the fall or summer. Kennywood usually is good too…

Best places to find people- now here’s one that I always find amusing..and successful…

1. Computer Events. Yes, we are home to CMU and many techies… Go to any techy event, you’ll find boys.

2. Protests… I have found a couple of crazy radicals at protests.

I don’t date in politics, and actually the pool is rather limited there…

Best place the next morning… I like Zenith but Pamela’s is good, too.

Who would I most like to make out with? Hmmm..Some of the guys who bike are pretty cute… There is a pretty cute weatherman, too.
    Does anyone else think that John Fetterman is kinda cute in a “biker” kind of way? Cuz I do. Hehe.