The minions, the minions are coming!

Whoa!

You write one harmless little insult about Benny (what’s so terrible about calling him fug and gross?) and THIS happens:

PittGirl is a moron, she must be an barf looking women whom has to call Ben, Fug and Gross, to make herself feel pretty, cause she knows if she ran into him, he wouldn’t hold the door open for her.

1. I love how she capitalized “fug” and “gross”, like it’s his new title:

I present Mr. Benjamin Roethlisberger, the Earl of Fug and the Duke of Gross.

If you email me and tell me that a man cannot be both an earl and a duke, I’m going to spit that email back at you so fast the letters will leave permanent indentions on your forehead.

2. Ben would totally hold the door for PittGirl … provided he didn’t know she was PittGirl. If he knew, he’d probably trip me or at the very least get his fug all over me.

I do not go on PIttgirl’s blog anymore. Sorry. WIll not do it. Ben gets bashed enough by the Pittsburgh press and so called “fans.” That gal bashes Ben endlessly.

1. I bet she reads me EVERY DAY!

2. Do I really bash Ben endlessly, or just any chance I get? I’d like to think there’s a difference.

In all seriousness, I’m fully on record here at the Burgh Blog that I both love Ben AND at the same time hate his fug, gross guts.

I’m as confused as you are.

(h/t to Jess for pointing me to that picture … that awesome picture)

1. You think you know...but you dont!
    May 18, 2007 9:37 am

Yea some of the Ben fans can be a little combative…I wouldn’t cross them in a dark ally!

May 18, 2007 10:10 am

Oh yes, the Pittsburgh press is just relentless in its Ben bashing. You see it every day on the local newscasts: Coming up at 6, Breaking News! Big Ben is fug and gross! Yeah, that happens all the time. I don’t know why they don’t leave the poor bastard alone. It makes the things the New York media say about Eli Manning seem like Hallmark cards. I am so disgusted with the Pittsburgh press bashing Ben over and over and over … just like they bash the Steelers every damn day. It’s a wonder the Rooneys haven’t moved the team to a more hospitable town, where they’d be worshiped as Gods of Thunder every time they farted … oh, wait …

3. Save the Pigeons II
    May 18, 2007 10:17 am

Damnit people–get back to focusing on the pigeons! They are the ones that need saved.

Anywho, Ben would absolutely hold the door for PittGirl. I eat lunch at the Steelers Cafeteria all the time and he holds the door for everyone–male, female, hot, ugly, Ben Hater, Ben Lover, it doesn’t matter. His Step-momma trained him well. Where he lacks manners is in his cookie grab tactics. Dude will knock you over if you get between him and his toffee cookies. Been there, done that. Twice.

4. Mr. Wind-Up Bird
    May 18, 2007 10:20 am

Ben should be proud to have the love and adoration of so many 12-year-old girls.

5. You think you know...but you dont!
    May 18, 2007 10:21 am

I’d like to see him and Casey duke it out over the cookies!

6. mer-man
    May 18, 2007 10:57 am

I believe that picture is his “Oh Face” ala Office Space.

7. Lord Jancey
    May 18, 2007 11:02 am

My wife, who has incredible taste in men, has always said that she thought Big Ben was fug. I’m inclined to believe her based solely on the fact that she finds me better looking despite my lacking of millions of dollars and a Super Bowl Ring.

8. Denise
    May 18, 2007 11:52 am

Wow, sorry I started the whole thing yesterday by doubting your loyalty to David Conrad Pittgirl!! I guess Ben
    followers are a little touchy…I think you have
    great taste! Don’t let “them” shake you!

9. TRUTH TELLER
    May 18, 2007 11:55 am

PG, a couple of his fans posted some pics on his website the other day, you should check it out…will confirm some of your statements.

10. Mia
    May 18, 2007 12:05 pm

Are we really that shallow? Must we focus on someone’s looks? And if we must…can’t we focus on Troy instead!! Yummy!

11. NY Luvs Pitts
    May 18, 2007 12:30 pm

I really don’t care what Ben looks like. He could be fugly, mugly or whatever. As long as he does his job he’s alright with me.

12. The Other Fan
    May 18, 2007 1:33 pm

“I present Mr. Benjamin Roethlisberger, the Earl of Fug and the Duke of Gross.”

LMAO! Thanks for making my day…

13. Bram R
    May 18, 2007 1:45 pm

If mer-man is right, I do think it’s stone cold awesome that his background goes all anime-action when it’s about to happen. I wonder if that happens with me …

14. Ms. Caroline
    May 18, 2007 2:05 pm

I have been in touch with my contacts in the UK and yes, someone CAN be a Duke and an Earl.

heeh.

15. DW
    May 18, 2007 2:08 pm

he could look like the elephant man for all i care…just win!

16. NY Luvs Pitts
    May 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Thanks DW. That’s all it comes down to. Winning.

17. IslandGirl
    May 18, 2007 2:38 pm

Hopefully he’ll do a bit more of that (winning) than he did last year or he’ll be both unattractive AND a loser. Hopefully his Hollywood actress girlfriend loves him for his intelligence and personality….

18. Valerie
    May 18, 2007 4:57 pm

The “shat” belongs with that picture!

19. Michelle
    May 18, 2007 8:35 pm

Save the Pigeons II….thanks for the laugh

20. Rusty from Findlay
    May 21, 2007 4:57 pm

Just remember, with a few small changes Ben could have won a Super Bowl for New York and you could be stuck with some draft pick linemen traded for Phillip Rivers. Tommy Maddox could be rising from his wheel chair every week to lead the Steelers to defeat.

Besides, Ben is like the unofficial emperor of Switzerland, so if you mess with him the Swiss army will be on your butt.

If Pittgurlll can do do better for a man go for it, I’m certain Pburgh is full of tall rich guys (chuckle).

21. lynne
    May 21, 2007 5:44 pm

I love that there are 4 grammar/spelling/sense errors in that very first line! Awesome! “an” barf ?? women whom ….

Switch to our mobile site