Dear Benny,

How dare you?

You couldn’t just leave me be. Just when I finally got a handle on my love/hate relationship with you, that is I finally jumped off the fence to the hate side, you go and do this.

PittGirl hates crying. There are two body functions I can totally do without. One of them is vomiting and the other is crying.

So you must have known. You must have known how truly aghast and tormented I was by this story. This poor woman. This poor child. You can see it in the mom’s eyes. She still cries every single day.

And you go and do what you can to make it a little better for them, because you know that it will never actually BE better. Ever. You give him five. You pat his back. Even though he’s about as high as your ankle, you find a way to talk up to him. You be frickin’ awesome and you make PittGirl cry.

Not. Cool.

And if that wasn’t enough, you invite the kiddo to training camp, promise to take him into the locker room and let him take any pictures he wants. (Ethan, I don’t need to tell you that a few naked pics of Troysus will be appreciated by the entire female population of Earth.)

So Benny, my purpose for this letter is just to let you know that wherever you are on the planet today, that somewhere in downtown Pittsburgh, PittGirl is shaking her fist at you for making her cry … you fug, gross, beautiful, awesome bastard.

Peace.

PittGirl

1. lynne
    May 22, 2007 9:44 am

nicely done, PittGirl and most importantly, Ben.

2. DW
    May 22, 2007 9:52 am

Marty Griffith is talking Ben up right now about this and some drug-awareness thing he showed up for and did, meeting each kid, signing anything, etc.

3. Pinto Alegre
    May 22, 2007 10:01 am

I’m glad to hear that Ben has finally “turned the corner” on signing things for people and being more community oriented. My 10 year old nephew asked him to sign something at training camp two years ago and he was a total jerk and wouldn’t sign it. His name has been a four letter word in my family for a long time, but I’m glad to see that he’s changed his ways.

4. Diane K
    May 22, 2007 10:16 am

I’m crying too PittGirl. Curse you, Benny!!!
    In Atlanta, we have Mike Vick. Drugged out, dog fighting,obscene gesture making, Mike Vick.

And Pittsburgh has Big Ben – with many faults but a big darn heart.

And people wonder why I love the Stillers?????

5. NY Luvs Pitts
    May 22, 2007 10:35 am

You go Ben!!! You are beautiful inside and that’s all that matters!!!

6. Heidi
    May 22, 2007 11:44 am

Way to go, Ben. Pittgirl, I can see it, he’s converting you!! Just let it happen, we won’t say a word.

7. mel
    May 22, 2007 12:51 pm

Maybe Missy peregrym is changing his life around but good for ben.

8. Rusty from Findlay
    May 22, 2007 1:06 pm

This is the real Ben – always has been the real Ben.

Good parents, good role models, good neighbors – this is what happens.

Ben has signed a bazillion autographs but we only hear from thos who didn’t get one – grrrr.

And his dogs are well behaved too :))

9. gunn lino
    May 22, 2007 1:07 pm

Careful there Ben your grace and style is showing.

10. Jenka
    May 22, 2007 7:24 pm

PittGirl, that whole love/hate conflict you have going on is hilarious! Ultimately, you won’t be able to hate him. He does too many good things, when you take a closer look. Oh…and I’ll bet he’ll be an OK qb in ’07. Just sayin’

11. Tina
    May 22, 2007 11:35 pm

ben can sign every autograph he is not the machine

12. Susanne
    May 23, 2007 2:05 pm

I’m glad you found something nice to say for a change. I don’t understand why his looks get so much of your negative attention. Cowher was no looker. Should we start on that O line? jeez. He is a young dude with some fame and people have to find a reason to hate. I hope he has a better year but come on, does he or his family need to read about how fug someone thinks he is? It’s just lame. Doesnt stop me from worshipping you PG. Just makes me want to pass you some chocolate.

13. Sue
    May 24, 2007 11:27 am

That is the most touching story I have seen in a long time. Thanks, PittGirl, we don’t get Channel 2 on satellite out here in Cambria County. Thanks for making me cry, too.

14. Drink Like a Champion
    June 8, 2007 4:21 am

I wonder how the cameras knew to show up? Had Ben done this in private, I’d appreciate it much more. Its nice. But it should be expected. He is still an asshole. Next time you see him at Jacks (with his bodyguard ofcourse) tell him nice publicity stunt. I’m not saying he doesn’t have sympathy for this poor little boy. I think their story is one of the saddest to ever come out of Pittsburgh. But honestly, at the end of the day, Big Ben is still a big loser.