1. A big hand-painted sign before a farmer’s stand on Route 30 advertises that he is selling “SWEET JUMBO MELONS.” I don’t know if I laugh every time I pass it because I’m twelve or because I read it in the voice of Napoleon Dynamite’s awesome brother Kip. Sweet.
2. Likely you’ve heard this little story about the Steelers offensive line coach accidentally (!) forwarding a pornographic video (!!) to what appears to be the entire freakin’ NFL including Commissioner Goodell (!!!), every GM, and a whole bunch of secretaries. Shit. You pretty much have three options when that sinking feeling hits you that you’ve just emailed porn to the commissioner of the NFL (!!!!!!!):
- Jump out your window and pray for the sweet release of death.
Reader Brando suggested that it was a video of Joe Hardy’s wedding night. Hah! Ew. (h/t PittCheMBA and honda driver, too)
3. I’m really getting a bit tired of Alan Faneca’s whining, breath holding, foot stomping tantrum.
4. Yes, I did see the blog mentioned here. (h/t to Toni, WrigleyGrec, and I think two other readers whose emails I can’t find now.) Thanks for looking out for me.
5. Reader north sider wrote:
I know the whole Luke Ravenstahl “move forward” thing might be getting old, but I just wanted to show you this e-mail I got from his campaign:
“…As we look to the future, Mayor Ravenstahl will continue to provide fresh leadership for our great city . We appreciate your continued support as we MOVE FORWARD to the general election this November.”
That’s endorsed. Drink ’em if you’ve got ’em. And a legitimate reason for drinking at 8:51 in the a.m. NEVER gets old.
6. Steelers tickets via TicketMaster? I bet they have like 10 per game and they’ll sell in the first nanosecond.