Back to You.

I’m excited for “Back to You,” the new 1/2 hour comedy on Fox this fall featuring Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton as Pittsburgh news reporters. You can watch clips here. (Click on “New Series” then “Back to You” and “See clips from this show”. See how easy that was?).

The show snapshot says:

In the ‘90s, the local TV news scene in Pittsburgh was dominated by one team: CHUCK DARLING (Kelsey Grammer) and KELLY CARR (Patricia Heaton). They had that elusive quality all news teams need: chemistry … at least on-screen. Off-screen, Chuck was a bit of a self-centered womanizer, Kelly a bit of an uptight know-it-all. So when Chuck got the call to move up to a larger market, no tears were shed.

Sally Wiggin and Don Cannon anyone?

Back in Pittsburgh, Chuck has a new coworker in RYAN CHURCH (Josh Gad, “Mary and Joe”), the overstressed news director. There are also familiar faces like … GARY CREZYZEWSKI, pronounced Kre-shoov-ski, the perennially put-upon field reporter who always seems to get left out in the snow.

Ralph Iannotti anyone?

Here’s hoping at least one episode includes:

Chuck Darling: Good evening and welcome to the five o’clock news. It looks like we might be getting the first snow of the season here in the city.

Kelly Carr: That’s right, Chuck. We now go live to the PennDot parking lot where Gary Two-z’s is standing by the salt trucks as the first flakes are falling, with a report on the expected snowfall accumulation. Gary?

Gary Crezyzewski: We’re all going to die.

May 24, 2007 9:34 am

LOL, PG … “Chuck and Kelly are on this bus (really!)” … Whatever happened to Dagny Hultgreen anyway? … Six or seven years ago I was in an LA hotel flipping through channels and there, much to my astonishment, was Mike Boguslawski, in MY corner as usual.

2. north sider
    May 24, 2007 10:12 am

Ralph Ionnotti, Dee Thompson, and John Greiner all rolled into one Gary Crezyzewski.

3. Sofa King
    May 24, 2007 10:19 am

Sounds like a hell of a cast & crew, hopefully this one’s a hit. I’m not crazy about the name, though…a little trite.

4. Zsa
    May 24, 2007 10:28 am

I really wish the female reporter was played by Not Patricia Heaton. I don’t like her. But I think KG will be able to have some fun with this.

5. Ed Heath
    May 24, 2007 10:53 am

Kris Long, anyone?

6. Sofa King
    May 24, 2007 11:08 am

Yeah, I heard Heaton’s a real bitch. Oh well, if she helps the show’s ratings, then it’s all good.

7. Uncle Crappy
    May 24, 2007 3:59 pm

Trust me on this: Iannotti LOVES his gig; Dee Thompson is the one getting the raw deal. He’s 137 years old, and he still has to stand outside somewhere, regardless of weather, at 3 a.m., every. Single. Day.

8. Brando
    May 24, 2007 7:43 pm

At least they had the right sense that by putting the show in Pittsburgh…there be at least one guy with a Polish name that has a bunch of c’s and z’s but no vowels.

9. Bluetail
    May 24, 2007 9:16 pm

Amy Marcinkowicz must be Gary Crezyzewski in drag, because every time a snowflake threatened to fall last winter, there she was, doing a stand up with I-79 in the background, one hand over her ear. I think SHE (or he, or whatever) inspired this character.

10. Insider
    May 25, 2007 1:05 am

Dagney Hultgreen lives in LA, happily raising her kids. Patty Heaton is not a bitch. She’s very nice. And this show is hilarious.

11. Zsa
    May 25, 2007 9:54 am

Ed Heath – I will never forget the time Kris Long and whoever the female anchor was at the time were doing a report on how one of the rhinos at the Zoo was going to visit another zoo to mate. Kris Long came back on and said “lucky rhino!” It was hilariously over the top. The last I heard, he’s out in Arizona somewhere.

Channel 6 in Johnstown used to have this great anchor named Gary Gunter. He was totally sarcastic all the time and it completely sailed over most viewers’ heads.

12. Puma
    May 25, 2007 1:53 pm

Zsa – You get kudos for remembering Gary Gunter!

13. ExYinzer
    May 25, 2007 5:39 pm

Word has it that KG, preparing for his role, was spotted at Donzi’s perfecting his Pittsburghese. “Oh, so it’s not Donzie’s, but ‘Doe-awn-zie’s.’ Got it. ‘Doe-awn-zie’s onna Perr.’ Perfect, thanks.” Don’t know why he was there when Dee Thompson, on daily fire coverage, could’ve taught him. “I’m here reporting another far. This far is a four-alarm far just west of dahntahn.”

14. PittGirl
    May 25, 2007 6:09 pm

Hah!

15. Krista
    June 8, 2007 4:05 am

I’m sure this show will inevitably suck and will make Pittsburgh look bad in some way or another. But I really hope I’m wrong. I’m majoring in news broadcasting…maybe this will help me somehow. hmmm.