PittGirl gets hate mail.

As I’ve said before, PittGirl’s favorite type of emails are those gushing with effusive, specific praise and including the words “you are frickin’ awesome.”

My SECOND favorite type is hate mail.

Jim wrote:

Pittgirl!!!
I was just browsing your blogsite. What do you look like? Put your pic up so we can tear you apart like you do everyone else. Bet you won’t…hiding behind that computer with your big mouth going on about everything and everyone. If you’re not happy in the burgh..move. Who needs your kind. Bet you don’t have the guts to put your pic on here(a real on not a fake one). Like to see the face that the bullshit comes out of.

1. First of all, it is PittGirl, not Pittgirl.

2. I thought I had made myself perfectly clear that I love this city. I honestly think this city is the greatest in America. Sure it could use warmer days, dryer days, more jobs and a lot less pigeons, but Pittsburgh is my home and if I could pick it up, wrap my arms around it, give it a big kiss on the forehead, and tell it I love it even for all its faults, I so would.

3. This has to be one of Benny’s minions, right?

4. I hope someday I have rabid minions that defend me like that. Would you like to be one of my minions?

5. Here’s my picture. And he was worried I was going to put a fake one up.

1. DW
    May 24, 2007 9:03 am

Oh man, I’ve always loved Jolie as Laura Croft. Used to be my screen-saver. Tacky, I know and she’s an odd one. But hot…

But wait, ‘er that’s PittGirl in the photo, right? I love PittGirl! A Jolie twin, nice.

2. TRUTH TELLER
    May 24, 2007 9:11 am

PG, you obviously were interesting enough to get his attention and users are the point of websites, right??? Rock on PG – we love ya!!!

3. Georgia Girl
    May 24, 2007 9:29 am

You go PittGirl!!! Keep up the good work. Love ya to!

May 24, 2007 9:36 am

Love ya to what? Sorry, editors can’t resist.

May 24, 2007 9:37 am

Love ya to what? Sorry, editors can’t resist.

6. Darwin Police
    May 24, 2007 9:54 am

Blogsite? Is this a word that people are using now? God, I’m so behind on the Information Superhighway trends.

7. Denise
    May 24, 2007 10:08 am

Jim,
    If you don’t like PittGirl – quit reading her blog!
    Simple enough….
    You rock PittGirl!! Keep doing what you do so well!

8. Sofa King
    May 24, 2007 10:12 am

Bah, what a schmo. Although the relative anonymity leads to a little curiosity, it also contributes directly to the openess of the forum and the free exchange of ideas resulting from it. While I myself am not (yet) a blogger, the one thing I have come to respect about the blogosphere is that everyone, no matter what their title or credentials are, has a sounding board for their opinions and can start a free discussion. Thus, individuals are evaluated strictly on the products of their mind and not their job or some degree they hold. I think that’s precisely why the mainstream media has taken considerable interest in the blogosphere of late, as it is a true representation of the mindset of a significant segment of the population.

I don’t see how this guy could read your blog and think that you don’t have anything but love for the city and the region…it should be apparent to anyone with a 5th grade reading comprehension level. Love the “real” pic, by the way…glad to see you support the 2nd amendment. :-)

9. Mr. Wind-Up Bird
    May 24, 2007 10:16 am

Maybe Jim was mined from Craigslist. I’m guessing he’s the one who likes to be dominated.

10. LLL
    May 24, 2007 11:08 am

Don’t fight the pigeons, we are far outnumbered…its all about how you perceive them.

Think of them as the pets of the public domain~

11. Caroline
    May 24, 2007 2:58 pm

I love the way you said this: “but Pittsburgh is my home and if I could pick it up, wrap my arms around it, give it a big kiss on the forehead, and tell it I love it even for all its faults, I so would.”

If you ever figure out a way to do that, let me know? I am forever having that urge, especially when I finally get through the #^&@*! Fort Pitt tunnel traffic.

12. Mia
    May 24, 2007 3:05 pm

Pigeons as the pets of the public domain? hmmm 2 thoughts come to mind. 1. Have your pets spayed or neutered. Can you do that to birds? lol and 2. Keep your pets on a leash or at the very least caged up!!

13. Uncle Crappy
    May 24, 2007 4:03 pm

I always pictured you as hotter. And maybe with fewer pistols.

14. Puma
    May 24, 2007 4:40 pm

Actually, “Jim” is an often used alias of Alan Faneca.

Stay hot, PittGirl.

15. Rich
    May 24, 2007 4:45 pm

Can I be a minion? Is there a waiting list? A harsh application process? Where do I sign up, dammit? Will pigeon squashing be involved?

16. Wendy Bell
    May 24, 2007 6:24 pm

PittGirl —

I dig mean e-mails from people who hate blogs but continue to read them.

This person flipped at my recent blog about window shopping. Give me a break. Could there be anything LESS polarizing?

Check it out.

Wendy,

Please stop complaining about money. Many of worry about $21 dollars not $21,000. I have seen you in your BMW. You are a network anchor and your husband is a heart surgeon. Who are you kidding? Anyway, the clock is ticking on “The Wendy Bell Show”. Can you hear the crickets?

Jack

Hmmm.
    At least “Jack” has the facts. I don’t drive a BMW. I’m not a network news anchor. My husband’s not a surgeon. And if I had $21,000, I’d have new windows.

Chirp. Chirp.

17. Heavy T
    May 24, 2007 6:59 pm

I always pictured PittGirl with bigger breasts and fewer tats than Jolie. PittGirl doesn’t know it but I’ve had ….I’ll save it for another post

18. PittCheMBA
    May 24, 2007 7:34 pm

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. If Jim does not like The Burgh Blog, he does not have to read it. He can go find himself another blog. I admire PittGirl for voicing her opinion and standing up for herself.

19. PittGirl
    May 25, 2007 7:37 am

Thanks to all of you for the “rock on” messages.

Caroline, thank you.

Rich, hah! More like pigeon taser-ing.

Heavy T, I don’t think I want to know where you were going with that.

Wendy, WENDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Julie_Gong
    May 25, 2007 10:47 am

I bet Jim is a barf looking man.

And I love Wendy Bell!

21. Funky Dung
    May 25, 2007 12:51 pm

Critics and hecklers are fun for a few minutes, but the lasting entertainment comes from trolls. ;)

22. Rich
    May 25, 2007 12:56 pm

Dear Wendy, can I be a minion? Is there a waiting list? A harsh application process? Where do I sign up, dammit?

23. sean
    May 25, 2007 2:46 pm

nice “pitt”cher, pittgirl…i have a question: do you have a “concealed weapons permit”, as many of your fellow pittsburgh chicks do? seriously, a lot of women i know in this town carry a CWP…you?

24. PittGirl
    May 26, 2007 10:54 am

sean,

I am not carrying anything but awesomeness.

25. Steeler Tom
    May 27, 2007 11:00 am

PittGirl Rocks!
    Her Blog is the best!
    It’s completly evident she loves Pittsburgh & the surrounding area. (just like I do even though I haven’t been there in a very long time, being the economic refugee that I am)
    I, for one never want to see her picture here.
    (It keeps her just a bit on the mysterious side, which I like just fine)
    I don’t mind playing 1000th fiddle behind Troy, and some of those other charecters she so wantanly lusts after.
    Attack PittGirl, attack me. (I got your back anytime!)

26. thejim
    May 28, 2007 10:37 am

haha, I got an accusatory email about this the other day. I’d like to think I have a better grasp on the English language than that.

Dear Jim, stop sullying the good name of Jims everywhere and change your name to Rick or perhaps Jeff. Also, blogsite makes it sound like you are a Kazakhstani news journalist here to find out about America. You should have ended the email with “Niiiiiicccce!!!11eleventy!”.

Sincerely,