- May 29, 2007
- filed under Downtown happenings, Eye rolls, Mayor Ravenstahl, Troy Polamalu, Weird Burghers
1. From Guelph, Ontario, which is exactly 503 kilometers from the Burgh:
GUELPH, Ontario (AP) — Police in Ontario are looking for a man who allegedly approached women and asked them to kick him in the groin.
How come no one ever walks up to PittGirl and asks her to kick them in the groin? Because: GLADLY!
2. Further proof that Troysus is practically Jesus:
“I don’t really feel comfortable taking credit for anything,” Polamalu said of his commitment to charity. “To me it’s something we’re supposed to do.”
Indeed, Polamalu does not show up at hospitals just to sign autographs and pose for pictures. He forges a personal connection with the sick children he visits on a regular basis, which makes their experiences that much more special.
“I could sit there and see 50 kids and literally scribble on a piece of paper and have them be satisfied,” Polamalu said. “It would be way more authentic for me to say ‘Hey Michael, hey Luke, hey John, how are you guys doing’ and really get to know everybody.”
The three-time Pro Bowler said he plans to spend time with veterans to show them that people care about them, to, as Polamalu said, “give them love.”
“The easiest thing to do is to give money, especially when you have a high-paying job,” Polamalu said. “I think when you sacrifice time is when you really sacrifice something.”
All about the giving and loving. AND: Michael, Luke, John? Angel, apostle, apostle. Just sayin’.
3. Did you guys see Miss USA fall on her ass last night during the evening gown competition for Miss Universe? I found the wherewithal to take my hand off of my gaping mouth long enough to point and laugh at her skinny ass (see, I don’t only make fun of fat people!).
And she still made top five after falling during a portion of the competition that host Mario Lopez informed us was all about poise, grace, and elegance. I call shenanigans. But then again, this is what happens when DAVE FRICKIN’ NAVARRO IS A JUDGE of poise, grace, and elegance.
Also, in my defense there was nothing else on.
4. Wow. “Recent pic? Check. Pic from 20-odd years ago that may or may not be me? Check. Pic of the metal screws in my neck just in case she thinks I’m lying about the metal screws in my neck? CHECK!”
5. It cost me almost $40 to fill up my tank today. Gawd.
6. I was SO CLOSE!
I imagine right now Lukey’s assistant is taking a memo ordering the marketing department to commission a new billboard: “Welcome to Luke Ravenstahl’s Most Livable City!!”
The electronic billboard on Grant actually says, “Welcome to the Most Livable City! Luke Ravenstahl, Mayor.”