Tea on the Tundra?

From the SEEN magazine in the PG, here’s a look at the hats that Lukey and his wife wore to the Spring Hat Luncheon that also featured this piece of work.

Lukey:  Erin, we look so hot.  Can you like believe I’m mayor and we get to do awesome and cool stuff like this?

Erin:  I KNOW!  If they only knew!

Lukey:  Oh, they never will.  That’s what I have the Costas for.  How’s my hat look?

Erin:  Oh, you look badass*.  Justin Timberlake couldn’t pull that off any better.

Lukey:  Word.   You look hot yourself.

Erin:  I am hot.  My head is sweating like you wouldn’t believe and I think it might have something to do with this giant fuzzy scooter tire sitting on my head.

Lukey:  Who told you to wear that?

Erin:  Well, the same person that told Sally Wiggin to wear that Mrowr thingy.

Lukey:  Cool.  You have a few beads of sweat coming out of your hat.  There ya go.  Hey, did you see Audrey’s hat?

Erin:  OMG!  Fug!

Lukey:  Word!

*tm Ando Masahashi

1. Woy
    June 4, 2007 8:21 am

Heroes reference. Awesome.

2. Woy
    June 4, 2007 8:21 am

Oh… and that’s a horrible imitation of Bing Crosby, Luke.

June 4, 2007 10:13 am

Hey, she AM hot. Not a bad catch for a guy with a bald spot and severely limited vocabulary.

4. Mr. Wind-Up Bird
    June 4, 2007 10:17 am

Apparently they misunderstood the the invitation. They thought it said Stupid Hat Luncheon, not Spring Hat Luncheon. Who wears an Ushanka after memorial day anyway?

5. DW
    June 4, 2007 10:54 am

I wonder if the hat was his grandpa’s and if there were moth holes in it?

6. honda driver
    June 4, 2007 10:57 am

did the luncheon take place in pittsburgh or russia?

7. Dano
    June 4, 2007 11:43 am

MROWR thingy….HILARIOUS! Thanks PG…you rock….especially with A-1 Steak Sauce!

8. Pinto Alegre
    June 4, 2007 12:19 pm

My head hurts from looking at that picture and trying to figure out just what the Ravenstahls were thinking when they put those hats on. Luke’s is a bit “Dick Tracy”, but I can’t think of any good reason for his wife to wear that thing on her head.

Can anyone help me try to understand this?!?!?

9. Bram R
    June 4, 2007 10:21 pm

My only problem with those choices is that you’d think they would have *coordinated*.

Luke looks quite the rakish gangster, and Erin pulls off her delightful discovery with aplomb. As to color, remember this was taken well before Memorial Day.

10. Dave
    June 5, 2007 9:57 am

I swear that Christopher Walken wore a hat just like that when he played Calvin Webber in “Blast from the Past.” I’m telling you…put the taped glasses on Lukey with that hat…and you’ve got something….

11. WrigleyGrec
    June 5, 2007 3:43 pm

To quote one of the best movies ever made:

Al Czervik: Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?
    [looks at Judge Smails, who’s wearing the same hat]
    Al Czervik: Oh, it looks good on you though.

(Caddyshack)