You guys, sit down.
Like seriously, you need to sit down before I tell you this.
I met Wendy Bell!
Oh my God, I’m just kidding.
But there’s this:
I met David Conrad!
Ladies? This is the part where we all stand in a circle, join hands, jump up and down and start screaming.
Long story short, I was emailed about meeting him, I met him, had lunch with him and a now mutual acquaintance, and I amazingly did not vomit on him.
My first thought when I saw him: Whoa! Mustache!
He informed me it was due to a role he just finished up and he hadn’t had a chance to shave it off.
After a one and a half hour conversation with the person I’ve been admiring for over ten years, I can tell you this:
1. David Conrad is the freakin’ nicest person you could ever meet and it will always be beyond me how the man can walk down the streets of the Burgh and not be mauled within an inch of his life by fans of both his acting work and his devotion to the city and to the charities here.
2. PittGirl had to drink a giant mojito to calm her nerves down.
3. David does not generally read my blog and does not in general read much about himself.
4. I forgot my camera.
5. When I read like Perez Hilton or whatever and he meets famous people I’m always all, “God, who does he think he is?” I really hope you all don’t feel that way about me because I’ll tell you who I think I am … I am a giant dork who didn’t say anything nearly as witty as I would have liked, and who was more nervous than one human being should ever be about meeting another human being.
6. As we were finishing lunch, David asked if I had any questions I wanted to ask and at the time, I couldn’t think of a single one. And you know, as soon as I left I only could think of about a bajillionty questions I could have asked. I blame the massive mojito.
7. I have been kissed by David Conrad. We totally made out. Oh my God. I’m just kidding!
8. That hot, but momentarily dorky and extremely nervous chick you saw taking a picture of David Conrad peeking around the corner? That totally wasn’t me.
9. Now that I can check off step one of “PittGirl’s Evil Plan to Become David Conrad’s Best Friend” which was to meet him, onward to step two, which is make David Conrad shoot beer out of his nose.
This could take ten more years.