Oh my God.

You guys, sit down.

Like seriously, you need to sit down before I tell you this.

Ready!?

I met Wendy Bell!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Oh my God, I’m just kidding.

But there’s this:

I met David Conrad!

Ladies? This is the part where we all stand in a circle, join hands, jump up and down and start screaming.

Long story short, I was emailed about meeting him, I met him, had lunch with him and a now mutual acquaintance, and I amazingly did not vomit on him.

My first thought when I saw him: Whoa! Mustache!

He informed me it was due to a role he just finished up and he hadn’t had a chance to shave it off.

After a one and a half hour conversation with the person I’ve been admiring for over ten years, I can tell you this:

1. David Conrad is the freakin’ nicest person you could ever meet and it will always be beyond me how the man can walk down the streets of the Burgh and not be mauled within an inch of his life by fans of both his acting work and his devotion to the city and to the charities here.

2. PittGirl had to drink a giant mojito to calm her nerves down.

3. David does not generally read my blog and does not in general read much about himself.

4. I forgot my camera.

5. When I read like Perez Hilton or whatever and he meets famous people I’m always all, “God, who does he think he is?” I really hope you all don’t feel that way about me because I’ll tell you who I think I am … I am a giant dork who didn’t say anything nearly as witty as I would have liked, and who was more nervous than one human being should ever be about meeting another human being.

6.  As we were finishing lunch, David asked if I had any questions I wanted to ask and at the time, I couldn’t think of a single one.  And you know, as soon as I left I only could think of about a bajillionty questions I could have asked.  I blame the massive mojito.

7. I have been kissed by David Conrad. We totally made out. Oh my God. I’m just kidding!

8. That hot, but momentarily dorky and extremely nervous chick you saw taking a picture of David Conrad peeking around the corner? That totally wasn’t me.

9. Now that I can check off step one of “PittGirl’s Evil Plan to Become David Conrad’s Best Friend” which was to meet him, onward to step two, which is make David Conrad shoot beer out of his nose.

This could take ten more years.

1. johnny
    June 8, 2007 9:08 am

I can’t believe you saccrificed your annonimity to meet him. What if it was Wendy tricking you? Now this mutual friend can extort you in exchange for praising David, or Ben or Wendy. Hmm, that would make an interesting cast for Peter Pan. Who could play Capt. Hook? Sorry, ADD.

2. DW
    June 8, 2007 9:47 am

Who paid for lunch?

3. Patrick
    June 8, 2007 9:50 am

Congratulations PG!

And everything you mentioned about his demeanor and personality totally jibes with everything I’ve ever heard about him. I saw him out at Cefalo’s in Carnegie last year at some sort of Arts Function (fund raiser, maybe? I don’t fully recall, I was, umm, drinking and suchlike), and he was totally approachable, friendly with everyone there. It’s always good to hear that type of thing about celebrities in general, that it “doesn’t go to their head”, but it’s even better when it’s a “home town guy” who personifies the good about Pittsburgh.

Now, if only Sienna would call me back, I could have a similar story to share, although it would probably involve a lot of cigarette smoke, a lot more booze and confrontations with “Security” at Folino’s.

Good luck with the rest of “The Plan”.

4. DW
    June 8, 2007 9:57 am

You could’ve posted this pic in the “Your Brushes With Fame” area on WTAE’s site…but then again, you aren’t in the pic. It would’ve been great had you covered yourself up w/ a spot or something and posted the pic to the site.

5. Dawn
    June 8, 2007 10:00 am

That is awesome! Totally jealous!

6. PittGirl
    June 8, 2007 10:08 am

I did not pay for lunch.

7. Denise
    June 8, 2007 10:37 am

PittGirl, I am so happy for you! And was so glad
    to hear that he is such a nice person too. Is he just
    as cute in person as on tv?? I am sooooo jealous!!

8. Heather
    June 8, 2007 10:41 am

I’m jealous, too, but good for you!

More details . . . what did he drink while you had your mojito? What did he eat? Does he smell good? Did he smoke?

Inquiring (and nosey) minds want to know . . .

9. pittgirl
    June 8, 2007 11:00 am

I can’t remember what he drank (I blame the mojito), he ate a Greek Salad, he had no smell whatsoever, and he did not smoke.

10. NY Luvs Pitts
    June 8, 2007 11:19 am

Very nice. I’m so happy for you PG. Congratulations.

11. lynne
    June 8, 2007 11:37 am

Congratulations! And I’m really glad that he met up to your expectations! That video of him in the bookstore sure made him seem like a normal, fun guy.

12. spoon
    June 8, 2007 12:13 pm

I see him as a Diet Raspberry Snapple kinda guy

13. dwight
    June 8, 2007 2:51 pm

PittGirl is cool. Perez Hilton is a douche. Never make that comparison again, please. Get it? Got it? Good.

14. parking chair
    June 8, 2007 5:00 pm

He “didn’t have a chance” to shave it off?

Am I the only one who finds that statement suspicious?

I think he LIKES the ‘stache.

In fact, I think he plans on KEEPING the ‘stache.

And people with moustaches are up to no good. Like Pancho Villa. And Saddam. And Yosemite Sam.

I rest my case.

Steer clear of this Conrad fellow. He must be bad news.

15. Jeannie
    June 8, 2007 7:09 pm

Oh My Gawd!!

How very very cool!!

I am truly happy for you!

I understand he truly loves his city, so you two had lots to talk about!

By the way, how was his performance in the play?
    Have a great weekend!!

16. BL
    June 8, 2007 9:30 pm

“vvrrrolm!”

That’s the sound of PittGirl jumping the shark. Loved you. How long till you adopt a blond nerdy kid named Oliver?

17. Krista
    June 9, 2007 12:09 am

Yay for you! I had never heard of him until reading about him thru your blog awhile back. He sure is hot!

18. Michele Rosa
    June 9, 2007 9:20 am

That is very cool. Has he spoken to Carla Baron yet? She has him on her list of people to meet on her Myspace page. Carla is on the show, Haunting Evidence. Season 2 airs on court tv 6/20. She is from Pittsburg too and went to CMU.

19. Autumn
    June 9, 2007 2:34 pm

I have no idea how you sat across from David Conrad and ate your lunch. I would have been so nervous, I guess that mojito worked magic.

As a fan of David’s, I check into your blog often, and never miss an episode of Ghost Whisperer. (I have it Tivoed.)
    David’s character is the perfect husband on the show. He’s so low key and supportive.

Oh, to Michele- I love that show Haunting Evidence. I kinda freaked out, I was just reading your post on here when the promo for the premiere came on. (cue Twilight Zone theme song)

Maybe Pittgirl should get a psychic reading!

20. Francesca
    July 10, 2007 5:17 pm

Wow, it sounds great!!

I admire David and I enjoy his acting very much. I actually have a small website about him :)

Francesca