Random n@.

1. Somebody went and smacked a whole bunch of bloggers with the funny stick, particularly The Angry Drunk Bureaucrat, who waxes hysterical over Lukey and Tiger, and then of course Carbolic which has this image of Lukey meeting with his advisers.

2. I took the Gray’s bridge again today because IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ALL OPEN AND SHIT. It wasn’t. I’m pretty sure I saw a construction sign that said, “Ha-ha, PittGirl. Sucker!”

3. Lukey is cleaning house.

4. “Really, officer, I was just scratching my belly and he must have seen the toy gun tucked in my pants, and the next thing I knew he threw three cigarettes at me.”

5. Yeah, what he said.

6. Yesterday on the bus on the way in, I coughed one time into my hand and not that hard. A newborn mouse has coughed harder than I did. But that didn’t stop the old lady across the aisle from slowly and deliberately turning around in her seat and glaring at me like I just coughed my lung up and it landed in a heap on her blue hair in a gory display of phlegm and blood. If I ever get tuberculosis, she will be the first person I seek out.

1. parking chair
    June 15, 2007 12:10 pm

MAYOR’S REQUIREMENT’S TO JOIN “TEAM: MOVING FORWARD!®”

1. You must be a celebrity.
    2. You must be shorter than me.
    3. You must have a sweet ride we can drive around town in.
    4. You must not mention my bald spot.
    5. No touchy Mrs. Lukey.
    6. If you are NOT a celebrity, you must know a celebrity.
    7. Your last name must be easier to spell than Skrijnar… Skrinjnan… Skrinjar – yeah, that!
    8. If someone else is driving, you must allow “mayoral grace period” of 8 seconds before calling “shotgun”
    9. You must be able to finish all sentences with “Great idea, Mayor!”
    10. If your name starts with “Pitt” or ends in “Girl,” don’t bother.

2. Sofa King
    June 15, 2007 2:15 pm

Haha…nice!

I think that the “blue collar ethic” thing is kind of played out. If Pittsburgh is going to ever lose it’s smoky, steeltown persona, then the city’s PR people need to let the media know to play down that angle. There are what, maybe 3 or 4 steel mills left in Western PA, yet Monday Night Football always has the obligatory blast furnace shot every time the Steelers play.

3. Jim Lokay
    June 15, 2007 3:06 pm

Pittgirl — the bridge will be open at 3pm (as in, right now.) The southbound lanes (heading to the Waterfront) will be partially restricted for the next few weeks, but it’s nothing like what’s been going on. Your ride to work Monday will be fan-freakin-tastic.

4. Judge Rufus Peckham
    June 15, 2007 3:13 pm

Breaking news: First pictures from the mayor’s purge of upper echelon city officials: http://carbolicsmokeblog.blogspot.com/2007/06/ravenstahl-settles-all-family-business.html

5. Pinto Alegre
    June 15, 2007 11:40 pm

Am I the only one that gets a kick out of “belly” in the WPXI article? Um..we’re taking about a grown man here…not me talking to my 3 year old.

That’s what I love about Pittsburgh so much — that a criminal (or anyone for that matter) can get quoted as saying “belly”..and no one even thinks anything of it!

Yunz guyz ahr great n’at!

6. danopsu
    June 17, 2007 9:57 am

Jim Lokay rocks….double kick-a$$ my friend!

7. Meg
    June 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Lol, great blogging as usual