Random n@.

1. Like seriously, I have no idea why, but last night while I slept my cutie pie little toy terrier dog pounced on my uncovered foot and proceeded to claw maniacally at it like it was a HoHo trying to escape a hungry Burgher. I bled. My foot is completely scratched up and unless there was a tarantula about to sink fangs into my ankle, I am royally pissed at the little monster who I notice is just the perfect size for a good, sound drop kicking. I’m sleeping in my snow boots tonight. With my taser.

2. Julie Gong wrote, “You’ve seen this, right?” Yes, I have. But maybe you haven’t. Check it out (tm Wendy Bell). Never in my life have I laughed so hard at a pierogi. Only thing that would have made it more awesome would be if after the blackout the camera came back on to find The Terrible Idea standing over their bodies holding a bloody steel beam.

3. Maybe, just maybe, WalMart should stop trying to build their stores on the tippy tops of unstable hills.

4. You’ve got to dance like nobody’s watching.

5. The moms will be charged today. This is the right thing to happen. Just don’t get me started on this statement from one of their lawyers:

“They’re saying that, had the mother been home, the fire would not have been set. That’s not so,” Mr. Sharif said yesterday. “That’s just speculation. Being absent from home is not the cause of the death. The law says there has to be a direct connection.”

Dude! If mom had been home, the kids would likely not have played with matches, would not have set the place on fire, and the others would not have died. And if they had played with matches and set the house on fire, the other kids would have been saved because they wouldn’t have been allegedly locked in a room and mom would be there to save them. That’s all the connection I need.

And look, you got me all started.

6. Hah! That is “Hah!” to stealing salad and “HAH!” to the post in general. (h/t Woy)

7. Man, that’s a really bad day or a Nationwide commercial.

1. Puma
    June 21, 2007 11:44 am

Aren’t parents directly responsible for their children’s actions? If the kids had burned down the neighbor’s house instead, the neighbor’s aren’t suing the kids… they are suing the mother. I can’t believe that Sharif makes a statement like that, and then, hides behind “the law”?

This whole situation, and the excuses and supposed circumstances, angers the hell out of me!

2. Big John
    June 21, 2007 11:51 am

Maybe your dog smelled the remnants of drop-kicked pigeon on your foot. What dog can resist that?

3. PittGirl
    June 21, 2007 11:54 am

Drop-kicking a pigeon would require that I pick up a pigeon. Like that would ever happen. :)

4. May They Rest In Peace
    June 21, 2007 12:18 pm

Have you seen the picture on the front cover of Post-Gazette.com right now? Are you kidding me? Mommy loves you?

Yeah…Mommy loves you so much that she sat at a bar and drank while you died in a fire. That’s real love right there. How f*&king outrageous that she would wear that shirt!!!

5. Char
    June 21, 2007 12:19 pm

That’s not all that her lawyer said:

“She’s not responsible for what happened. A fire broke out. She didn’t set that fire. She may have wanted to be there when the fire started, but even if she were there, the children might not have lived. In other words, just because a parent is in the home doesn’t mean the children can’t be in the basement doing some mischief. You have a loving parent who did something she regrets, but she didn’t kill the children.”

Not looking forward to hearing more from this man.

6. danopsu
    June 21, 2007 12:47 pm

I hear that Char…I wanted to grab the guy by the throat through my TV when he said that

7. Ms. Caroline
    June 21, 2007 1:04 pm

A loving parent who LOVES going to the bar more than taking care of her small children. Responsible single parents miss out on all sorts of things because the welfare of their children is what is MOST important. This disgusts me.

8. TRUTHTELLER
    June 21, 2007 1:21 pm

Well said Ms. Caroline.

9. DW
    June 21, 2007 3:58 pm

I have a feeling justice will be served in this case (if that’s possible after these poor children had to die and suffer like that).

And after that justice is dished out, we’ll hear A LOT more from this lawyer and maybe even Mr. Jackson and Mr. Sharpton w/ his bullhorn.

Shudder.

10. Pops
    June 21, 2007 10:42 pm

Ok so they (the Mothers) were not there when the fire started. Could it have happened if they were home? Maybe. The problems Pops has is one they left the kids home…and two the big one they locked them in a F***ing room. The sad part is no matter what the law does to them it is never going to easy their pain and guilt..Let’s hope they just both love their 8 year olds and have no more children.

11. Pops
    June 21, 2007 10:49 pm

I don’t think race has anything to do with it and if either Jack(ass)son or Sharp(head)ton show up they should be run out the Burg. These 2 mothers could have been any race!!!

YOU DON’T LEAVE TWO 8 YEAR OLDS IN CHARGE OF 5 YOUNGER CHILDREN…YOU DON’T LOCK THE 5 YOUNGER ONES IN A ROOM…YOU DON’T LIE AND SAY YOU HAD A SITTER WHEN YOU DID NOT HAVE ONE…AND THE LAST THING YOU DON’T DO IS GET A LOUD MOUTH LAWYER WHO SAYS THAT MOTHER IS NOT LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATHS.

Sorry just had to add those points!!!

12. maybe not
    June 22, 2007 7:20 am

I understand the outrage here, however, the lawyer is doing his job defending his client. The argument he is making is credible. I think the mothers are guilty of child endangerment, neglect and, apparently, lying to the investigators. I wonder about the case history of involuntary manslaughter it cases like this. If a parent fell asleep while smoking in bed and caused a fire that killed his children would he be charged the same?

Also is it proven that the mothers are the ones who locked the door?

13. Moe the Dog
    June 22, 2007 8:33 am

Could you possibly spare the dog and drop-kick Mr. Sharif?

14. pittgirl