1. Further proof that I am a cold, heartless bitch. When I watched this video on KDKA of people in hospital gowns and wheelchairs sitting outside smoking because UPMC banned it at all of their hospitals … I laughed. There was a lot I wanted to say about this, but Julie over at Aftertaste Bliss dove into my brain, gathered my thoughts, and wrote them down. Her post title might be the best thing ever.
A lot of people have said that bars would lose money if they banned smoking – I have heard the argument that “drinking and smoking go together” quite a bit over the last few months. If that is true, why aren’t we campaigning to be able to drink a 40 in front of Magee?
And I loved the old dude dragging his IV cart out for a smoke being all pissy and saying “They are trying to get everyone on a health kick.” Hospitals. Trying to keep people healthy. Gasp!
2. Any man that bites a child about the face because she wet her pants (according to the radio news) should be locked in a small room with hungry, pecking pigeons … with tuberculosis.
3. This little doggie just melts the icicles on my heart. When my fat crazy bitch (Seriously, she’s nuts. She needs Prozac or something.) or her foot-clawing brother dies, I’m totally getting a tiny wiener dog … but one with working hind legs.
4. Thanks to the other Julie, I am now addicted to Man vs. Wild. That Bear Grylls regularly says shit like, “As you can see here we have a mud pit that should be avoided at all costs because it surely would spell certain death if you were to find yourself in it. But what I’m going to do is jump directly into the center of it to show you how to get out.”
I have seen him pop the eyeball out of a dead sheep and eat it like it was a chocolate-covered cherry.
He’s nuts. And about 600 kinds of awesome.
5. If you like country music (there must be one or two of you out there)… and hot country music singers … the Poverty Neck Hillbillies are doing a free concert at Heinz Field tomorrow, after which you can watch the downtown fireworks.