Random n@.

1.  Further proof that I am a cold, heartless bitch.  When I watched this video on KDKA of people in hospital gowns and wheelchairs sitting outside smoking because UPMC banned it at all of their hospitals  … I laughed.  There was a lot I wanted to say about this, but Julie over at Aftertaste Bliss dove into my brain, gathered my thoughts, and wrote them down.  Her post title might be the best thing ever.

A lot of people have said that bars would lose money if they banned smoking – I have heard the argument that “drinking and smoking go together” quite a bit over the last few months. If that is true, why aren’t we campaigning to be able to drink a 40 in front of Magee?

Hah!

And I loved the old dude dragging his IV cart out for a smoke being all pissy and saying “They are trying to get everyone on a health kick.”  Hospitals.  Trying to keep people healthy.  Gasp!

2.  Any man that bites a child about the face because she wet her pants (according to the radio news) should be locked in a small room with hungry, pecking pigeons … with tuberculosis.

3.   This little doggie just melts the icicles on my heart.  When my fat crazy bitch (Seriously, she’s nuts.  She needs Prozac or something.) or her foot-clawing brother dies, I’m totally getting a tiny wiener dog … but one with working hind legs.

4.   Thanks to the other Julie, I am now addicted to Man vs. Wild.  That Bear Grylls regularly says shit like, “As you can see here we have a mud pit that should be avoided at all costs because it surely would spell certain death if you were to find yourself in it.  But what I’m going to do is jump directly into the center of it to show you how to get out.”

I have seen him pop the eyeball out of a dead sheep and eat it like it was a chocolate-covered cherry.

He’s nuts.  And about 600 kinds of awesome.

5.  If you like country music (there must be one or two of you out there)… and hot country music singers … the Poverty Neck Hillbillies are doing a free concert at Heinz Field tomorrow, after which you can watch the downtown fireworks.

1. Ms. Caroline
    July 3, 2007 9:59 am

#3 – I am TOTALLY into Survivorman! What is it about that stuff that keeps me glued to the TV?

2. Ms. Caroline
    July 3, 2007 9:59 am

Uhhh – #4. heeh.

3. Jordan
    July 3, 2007 10:02 am

You like Poverty Neck Hillbillies? Damn, and I thought there was hope for our relationship…

4. REARless
    July 3, 2007 10:14 am

Bear Grylls is LAME!!! Just some buff pretty boy with a camera crew following him around to save his lame a$$.

Now Les Stroudt, Survivorman, is the real deal. No crew, no other human contact for seven days – that’s tough.

5. WrigleyGrec
    July 3, 2007 10:39 am

I am not going to say I favor one over the other when it comes to Survivorman or Man vs. Wild but I do love the fact that Bear has now eaten at least three raw/still living fish, drank water squeezed out of a pile of elephant dung and cut meat off a rotting zebra and ate it like it was a piece of New York strip. Survivorman is more realistic because he is truly out on his own. They both have their positive points which is why I like them both.

6. PittGirl
    July 3, 2007 10:43 am

Jordan, even the best of us have our faults. If it makes you feel any better, I regularly hang my head in shame over my love of country music.

7. Jordan
    July 3, 2007 10:51 am

I do the same when I listen to Britney’s Toxic and that song about how she touches her self. What? It has a GREAT beat!

8. PittGirl
    July 3, 2007 10:56 am

I can beat that:

I am waiting with tingly anticipation for High School Musical 2 on the Disney Channel.

[lobs ball over net]

9. DW
    July 3, 2007 10:57 am

I’ve come around and like them both. Les is still the man, he’s much more realistic out there on his own. He could get into real trouble, which I like.

But you have to admire a man like Bear (real name is probably George) that pee’s on a rag and wears it on his head like a turban to fend off the desert heat!!! Ha.

Deadliest Catch is good, too.

10. DW
    July 3, 2007 11:02 am

PG, the new preview video for HS Musical 2 is out…I’ve seen it several times. I would hang my head in shame over that, but hey, it’s bonding time w/ my daughter!

I even know the new story line…how sad…

11. Jordan
    July 3, 2007 11:02 am

I enjoy Danzel’s “Pump It Up” (download it).

[return volley]

12. NoSide15212
    July 3, 2007 11:27 am

***Concert UPDATE***

Poverty Neck Hillbillies will be delayed 20 minutes as our intrepid Mayor presents the band with a “City of Pittsburgh Proclamation.” Presentation will, of course, be followed by a photo op with Hizzoner & Bride of Hizzoner as they move the city forward, one backstage pass at a time.

13. joey
    July 3, 2007 1:25 pm

Bear’s real name is Bear. The dude has a crazy story…SAS..jumped out of plane and crushed his spine…was in rehab and all he could think of was climbing Everest…became the youngest Briton to climb Everest (and live), wrote a book, got picked up by the BBC. Apparently did a great program for them about the French Legion…

I was a big Survivorman fan, but he hasn’t had a new show in what, a year now? Bear is just as good. And the dude is way crazy.

BTW, Bear has two young kids and, of course, the hot wife. And he admits that he usually scared sh!tless the entire time he is out there. I dig that.

14. Scott
    July 3, 2007 2:51 pm

UPMC isn’t making patients smoke outside. It’s how they’re administering anesthesia. Read more about it at http://scottro.blogspot.com/2007/07/upmc-begins-water-pipe-anesthesia.html

15. pasta
    July 3, 2007 3:05 pm

Poverty-Neck Hillbillies? I wouldn’t see them if they were giving tickets away for free. Oh, they are…Still not seeing them!! The 4th of July is a suburban cowboy’s wet dream….isn’t there a country concert after the Pirates game also? (Finally, a way to make a Pirates game even MORE excruciating!)

16. JeepJeep
    July 3, 2007 3:44 pm

so Poverty Neck Hillbillies are going against Big and Rich? Interesting…

17. Bob
    July 3, 2007 3:46 pm

Oh my God! A band will be performing a type of music that I don’t particularly care for! Aaaargh! What a horrible town!

18. WrigleyGrec
    July 3, 2007 4:17 pm

Uhh…I am not sure if anyone else read this but one of Bear’s kids is named Marmaduke?!?! Poor kid is named after a cartoon Great Dane, I see years of harassment for the poor chap.

19. Kayla
    July 3, 2007 4:44 pm

LOVE the little weiner dog (but I’m biased, as I’ve got one of my own, and he’s the cutest thing in the world). My only complaint about the P-G article is the woman from the WPA Dachshund Club – Does she SERIOUSLY think people are going to start breeding doxies to win 100-foot races that are purely for fun?? Sheesh – lighten up!

20. Julie_Gong
    July 3, 2007 7:57 pm

BEAR IS THE MAN… Really he is the man.

21. Still A. Fan
    July 3, 2007 11:52 pm

do you know what you call a dog with no back legs and training wheels – but the wheels fell off…?

Sparky

start booing…….NOW

22. TRUTHTELLER
    July 5, 2007 3:32 pm

2. You know, I’d love to knock that f-in man’s teeth out of his head

4. Last week I was watching man v wild and he bit the head off of a frog and ate it (followed by the remainder of it) – I was instantly nauseous. Can you imagine what that stuff is like coming out – ugh!!!