Poor poor Cleveland falcon.

Some readers are emailing me asking for my input on the story of the falcon from Pittsburgh that kicked the ass of and killed the falcon from Cleveland at the Cathedral of Learning.

Probably all of those readers are expecting PittGirl will say something like, “Cleveland ALWAYS loses to Pittsburgh!” or “If you ain’t a Steeler fan, you ain’t shit!” or maybe “Mwah-hahahah!”

But you’re all forgetting something: one less falcon is one less pigeon-killer. Poor poor dead Cleveland falcon who can no longer kill the pigeons that dive-bomb me.

Now had it been a Cleveland PIGEON and a Pittsburgh pigeon having it out … well, then I’d hope they fought each other to their miserable, well-deserved deaths, and if they did and it was caught on camera like this falcon fight was, I’d pay $1,000 for the DVD and watch it every night before I turned out my light … and would sleep soundly with the warmth that can only come from watching pigeons die.

(hat tip to PittCheMBA and a few others I’ve since lost)

July 5, 2007 11:56 am

PG, When I have some time to write it, I’ll send you the story about why I think pigeons are angels sent from heaven. I still have trouble believing it happened to me.

2. pittgirl
    July 5, 2007 12:00 pm

You will write that now. Go.

July 5, 2007 1:25 pm

I’m at work, and it’s a long story. I’ll get it to you tonight.

4. DW
    July 5, 2007 2:37 pm

My grandfather owned a store years ago & used to poison and shoot pigeons residing near the bldg he owned. I was small, but I remember his loathing for those “rats w/ wings” as he used to say. He was fined and told to stop, but paid them happily and kept going. Now, he died a few years back, but I’m pretty sure he isn’t paying a price for killing “angels sent from heaven!” :)

5. Heavy T
    July 5, 2007 5:30 pm

Pigeons are nasty nasty animals. Realizing you are a pigeon expert I shouldn’t have to tell you about histoplasmosis, cryptococcosis, and psittacosis. http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/epi/epi-pigeon.shtml Check out the link if you aren’t familiar with the pigeon poop diseae. I’ve seen people use ‘crazy corn’ to get rid of pigeons. The ‘crazy corn’ is drug laced pigeon food. You throw the stuff on the ground and the rats (pigeons) start to eat. Pretty soon the pigeons who ingest the ‘crazy corn’ begin to have seizures. This freaks the other birds out. Eventually they all fly away…minus the birds who have the seizures and die. It is an interesting sight. It may sound cruel but I am all for it since it is for our own safety. I suggest Pitt Girl head to the local exterminator for your own supply of ‘crazy corn’.

6. danopsu
    July 6, 2007 2:18 pm

Crazy corn eh? Wonder if they make crazy candy corn for the rug-rats in the neighborhood at Halloween? I dont know if ketchup packets will work again this year : )