PANCAKES!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

International House of Pancakes is researching locations in the Pittsburgh area. A company spokeswoman said RMLS-HOP Restaurants PA LP, headed by Chris Milisci, has signed a development deal to open 12 restaurants in Pennsylvania, including in the Pittsburgh market, in the next nine years.

Pancakes pancakes pancakes pancakes. I love pancakes!

IHOP was our study location of choice for all nighters in Texas.

Research no further, IHOP. I got your first location scoped out and it is called “Walking Distance from PittGirl’s House.”

Also, do NOT do a Google image search for “pancakes.”  That second picture almost made me toss my cookies.

Now WHY did you go and Google it?  Sicko.

(h/t Sofa King)

1. chrys
    July 6, 2007 9:04 am

Ok.. you warned me not to do it.. but I had to. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to hear the word “pancake” and not have that image!! MY EYES!!!

2. pittgirl
    July 6, 2007 9:05 am

Told you so! Tsk.

3. Ms. Caroline
    July 6, 2007 9:06 am

When you tell me not to do something that makes me want to do it all the more. I’m such a child. Damn, that was nasty.

Aside from that, I too am very excited about IHOP. As soon as I get that image out of my head, I’m sure I’ll be able to eat pancakes again…

4. pittgirl
    July 6, 2007 9:12 am

Ms. Caroline,

Don’t send me $5,000.

Thanks.

PittGirl

5. pan's cakes
    July 6, 2007 9:29 am

Didn’t Pittsburgh have an IHOP before? And when are we going to get a Waffle House? mmmm, cheesy scrambled eggs…

6. Sofa King
    July 6, 2007 9:41 am

There’s a Waffle House in Washington, PA off of I-70. I don’t know if I trust those places…they seem a little scary to me.

7. Zsa
    July 6, 2007 10:05 am

Pan’s Cakes – there’s something up McKnight called the Pancake House or something – I can’t think of the name right now, all I remember is reading a review of it where someone had eggshells in their pancakes.

Wasn’t IHOP supposed to be here like 6 months ago? I’m getting impatient. I guess we had to wait for The Great Walgreen’s Entry to be over first.

8. pittgirl
    July 6, 2007 10:07 am

Zsa? Could you be thinking of Sonic?

I’m SUPER impatient for that.

July 6, 2007 10:16 am

IHOP is overpriced, and the food that isn’t pancakes isn’t very good, IMHO, based on the one here in Mo-town. Think there’s a Waffle House at the Meadows exit of I-79 too. Now I’m off to Google “pancakes” …

July 6, 2007 10:17 am

… what, the apple cinnamon ones? What’s wrong with them?

11. pittgirl
    July 6, 2007 10:24 am

You’ll want to change your Google image search settings to “Moderate Safe Search”, Bucdaddy. You’ve got it set to “strict” right now.

July 6, 2007 11:25 am

Ah, thanks. Guess I better wait until I get home from work to do that.

13. pittgirl
    July 6, 2007 11:26 am

Word.

14. Pingback: University Update - Sicko - PANCAKES!

15. Bram R
    July 6, 2007 12:31 pm

IHOP is a ripoff. Waffle House is where its at.

16. Jordan
    July 6, 2007 1:01 pm

Original House of Pancakes, Zsa. Gross. Anyone try the cinnamon pancakes at Bob Evans. Mmmmmmmmmmmm…

17. MountaineerHoo
    July 6, 2007 1:24 pm

I’m kind of surprised there’s no mention yet of Eat’n’Park, which, IMHO, is much better than IHOP. It is the place for smiles, afterall :)

July 6, 2007 3:58 pm

Sammy’s Kitchen, Rehoboth Beach, Del. (a block or two from Dogfish Head Brewing and Eats, Spoon).

19. Zsa
    July 6, 2007 4:00 pm

OK, that second “pancakes” pic wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

Here’s the “where the eff is my IHOP” article, pittgirl. :) Note date…

I too am waiting for sonic, and second the Bob Evans love. Crepes. Holy cow. MMMMM. Rediscovered this place a few months ago, & I’m so glad I did. Eat & Park sucks, as far as breakfast is concerned. After discovering Pamela’s & BE, it would take a lot to get me to go back to E & P for breakfast food (unless it was 2 AM).

20. Slidetuba
    July 7, 2007 12:46 pm

Pittgirl,

How about a grand tour date?

Start off with IHOP
    Then a trip to Tim Horton’s for coffee..
    End the event off with a Cherry Limeade from Sonic..
    But don’t forget we have to have Lukey back in bed by 10:30, or he gets cranky and fights police.. (Look what happened last time he was out past his bedtime..)

21. SportyGal85
    July 7, 2007 9:17 pm

Wait, you all don’t have IHOP in Pittsburgh? Definitely won’t be moving to Pittsburgh. I don’t know about Motown or anywhere else up north for that matter, but down south IHOP is the s**t! I’m actually not a fan of Waffle House; their food always tastes burnt to me, but my mother loves the place. Here’s to hoping the ‘Burgh gets that first IHOP very soon.

22. Still A. Fan
    July 8, 2007 6:45 am

those looked more like waffles to me……

23. aj
    July 9, 2007 8:31 am

I am still morning the loss of my favorite breakfast spot, “Your Way Cafe” which was in Caste Villiage. :o( Even the promise of an IHOP doesn’t fix that kind of hurt. I prefer the local joints to the large chains… but have been spending my weekend mornigns at E&P until we find a new favorite spot.

24. TRUTHTELLER
    July 9, 2007 10:48 am

Eat n Park has gone downhill. Bob Evans is good but really salty. IHOP could be a nice change.

25. Kelli
    July 9, 2007 12:41 pm

I am looking forward to the IHOP. I don’t plan on being there all the time, but it would be nice to have that option when I want it.

Also, as a former employee of both Eat n’ Park and Pamela’s, I’d recommend E n’ P over Pamela’s any day.

26. CLARE