1. While watching a golf match on TV last weekend I saw a commercial for a prescription drug for enlarged prostate and the tagline was “Shrink it.” That is awesome. I think all drugs should have a tagline that tells us EXACTLY what they do.
Viagra: Grow it!
alli: Shit it!
2. Just reminding you that I will not be blogging next week because I’ll be in Mexico. Deal with it.
3. The state is back up and running after a one-day semi-shutdown. During that shutdown I needed access to both the birth records office AND the drivers license photo center. I’m kind of mad at the Gov’nah right now. Mad enough to smack a sandwich out of his hands.
4. Ruby Vroom asked in comments where the “Mission Accomplished” banner is for the Homestead Grays Bridge which SUPPOSEDLY was all finished. She’s so right because this is what I was faced with this morning.
One lane traffic nightmare. What say you, Jim Lokay?
5. Why is everybody making such a big freakin’ deal out of this 90 degree weather?! Jon Burnett of KDKA did the weather on Y108 this morning and called today’s high of 90 degrees “oppressive.” Please. 90 degrees is, “It’s a beautiful, hot day in the Burgh and man, I sure hope the ice cream truck comes soon.”
It is 113 degrees in Baghdad today. 113 degrees is, “Shit, the soles of my shoes just melted off.” THAT is oppressive.
6. Dan Rooney releases a statement about Kevin McClatchy in which he kisses Kevin McClatchy squarely on the ass. Also? WHY is Dan Rooney releasing a statement on Kevin McClatchy?