Hallelujah!

The Steelers agreed to a contract extension with safety Troy Polamalu, assuring one of their best players will remain in Pittsburgh for a while longer.

And Troysus says:

“It means that I have to work harder and go out and earn it, that’s what it means to me,” Polamalu said. “So it’s very exciting, especially for my wife and me. We feel very welcome in the city and I think this contract really puts our roots down here.”

So there, all you haters and doubters. Troysus is not only staying, he’s not some asshat that says, “All this money means that I am a god before ye and you should bow down and kiss my fug and gross feet.”

No, he says, “Now, I’ve really got to bust my religious ass and earn this money for this city that I love.”

Can we love Troysus any more?

“This is home,” Polamalu said softly.

I guess we can.

Also, if Troysus ever needs some minions, I will be the minioniest minion that ever did minion.

1. NY Luvs Pitts
    July 24, 2007 8:36 am

Let me be the first to say Congrats to Troy!!!! Hallelujah!!!

2. One of Ben's minions
    July 24, 2007 9:21 am

You don’t know the first thing about being a minion!

3. Tinare
    July 24, 2007 9:22 am

That Troy, he’s a class act! Here’s hoping that his attitude catches on in the locker room and not Alan Fanaca’s…

4. Pensgirl
    July 24, 2007 10:34 am

First Sid, now Troy…what are they putting in the water up there, Hero Juice? How refreshing to have athletes on our teams who are not only unstoppably talented, but also unwaveringly committed and unbelievably humble. Their characters are as solid as their abs…what a concept!

5. Zsa
    July 24, 2007 10:49 am

That is THE most adorable pic of Troysus I’ve ever seen, which is saying a lot. Yay!!

6. Magz
    July 24, 2007 12:49 pm

Agreed, great pic. And I think all of Pittsburgh will agree.

7. Susanne
    July 24, 2007 1:28 pm

I think I am going to cry.
    Sniff
    A conversation started with our group of friends traveling this weekend about men who do not wear thier wedding rings. They have all sorts of excuses..all lame. Look at Troy, ring on touching the Lombardi. He could come up with a million reasons not to wear it, he is a battered, probably tweeked fingers athlete. He wears it proudly as a beautiful accomplishment while holding another. Luv him.
    See you ladies at training camp.

8. honda driver
    July 24, 2007 3:14 pm

damn pittgirl. you did it again. another hot troy pic. oh, how glad i am you’re back from vacation.

9. Gunn Lino
    July 24, 2007 4:12 pm

Being an ‘SC alum makes me slightly bias, but you just gotta love that Big Troy frequently mentions his wife while talking with the media.