What they’re really thinking: Training camp 2007

Training camp, Burghers!!!!

As I’m typing this I’m jumping up and down and up and down for the joy joy joy that is the start of Steelers football.

Do you know that once, and stop me if I’ve told you this story before, I had gone on a date with a guy as well as lots of group dates … cool guy, nice guy, just didn’t do it for me.  So we’re in his living room one day waiting on some other friends when I let him know he was an awesome person, but I just wanted to be friends and after all, I was going back to Texas in a few weeks.  And he let me know how disappointed he was but that he was okay with it, then he looked down at his feet for about half a minute, then went, “Oh, well.  Football starts soon.”

Hah!  True story.

ANYWAY!  Football is starting!

Let’s get to it.  Players reported to camp and as usual, Jeff Reed is doing his best to look as ridiculous as possible at all times:

First of all.  The hair.  The hair?!?  WTF is up with the Jeff Daniels Dumb and Dumber hair?  Did someone run out of hair product?

Second of all.  K-Mart.  K-Mart?!?!  WTF?  And are those Barbies I see in there?   You’re a Steeler!  What are you buying that is pink?

2.  Troysus, being you know, practically Jesus and all, was sure to offer up his thanks to a higher power for ALL THE MONEY HE NOW HAS and praying that maybe just maybe those interceptions will be a thing of the past.

3.  I don’t know what has gotten into the normally sane and hot Hines Ward, but the Aunt Jemima look he is rocking right now is the most ridiculous thing I have seen in ages.

Not even Sonni Abatta could make that look good.   Oh, who am I kidding.  She’d look hot.

I don’t even know how to caption this picture because what the hell is going on there?  Hines looks dumb.  Every single player is doing something different, leading me to believe we have the most uncoordinated team ever.  On the plus side, I think that is Daniel Sepulveda there on the right looking like he’s involved in a mad game of hopscotch.

Yay for Smokin’ Hot Burghers!

4.  Alan Faneca was up to his usual:

5.  And finally, Benny was there, looking quite reflective, possibly over the fact that Troysus now makes more money than him.  Possibly over the fact that he’d rather be in LA than the Burgh.  Possibly over the fact that PittGirl is being a total bitch to him.

Where’s the Asshat?!?  I have the strong desire to make fun of the Asshat.  Hmph.

July 24, 2007 10:08 am

I must confess I saw Sonni on the news over the weekend and she DID look good. Now I have to wonder if I’ve been confusing her with Stephanie Watson.

2. DW
    July 24, 2007 10:22 am

Asshat had some sort of minor surgery…held out for a day or 2. You’ll get your turn at him :)

3. Johnny
    July 24, 2007 10:31 am

By enhancing the picture of Jeff and using my knowledge of Disney Princesses, I believe that it is some type of Disney Princess toy or article. Looking at the lower right corner of the bag, next to the “t” appears to be Princess Jazmine.

Is this for personal use or a gift?

4. pittgirl
    July 24, 2007 10:35 am

Pretty pretty princesses AND a Louis Vuitton bag? I’m having some questions here.

5. NY Luvs Pitts
    July 24, 2007 10:53 am

It looks like Birthday Barbie to me. I have a daughter and she got that one the year I gave her a Barbie party. Princess Jazmine’s dress isn’t that big. I did that party when she was five. It’s definately a Barbie. CREEEEEPPPPYYYY!!!

6. Johnny
    July 24, 2007 11:24 am

Let’s investigate. PittGirl, will you drive me to K-Mart?

7. efw_west
    July 24, 2007 12:52 pm

Sonni was in the Italian day parade at Kennywood last week. Looks very good in person….never knew she was a member of the tribe!

8. Susanne
    July 24, 2007 1:32 pm

I looked at one of the slide shows from camp. Looks like Hines is trying to be funny to maybe connect with the guys. He has his shirt on backward the Aunt Jemima. He wears that old timer leather helmet I bought my dopey brother for Xmas. He is just a happy dude. He hits hard too. What a combo!

9. SportyGal85
    July 24, 2007 4:42 pm

PittGirl, I’m happy I wasn’t the only giving a second glance to that Louis Vuitton bag. You guys still have K-Mart in Pittsburgh, you can hardly find any down south anymore. Oh, well, I always thought their s**t was cheap anyway.

10. gjhead
    July 24, 2007 4:50 pm

besides the barbies, stupid hair and the k-mart, why is he wearing Tennessee Titans colours?

11. Still A. Fan
    July 24, 2007 10:41 pm

how can you guys make all the comments about the bag and totally miss the minion behind him definitely checking out his ass? i’m telling you what…he used to be a quiet guy who just went about his business. after the super bowl his ego and image kind of “blew up”. i think he is one slump away from going all mike vandenberg and being useless for the rest of his career….”i said LACES OUT, marino!”

and…re: the hines photo, he has the same face my daughter makes (who is 7) when she forgets her dance recital routine and looks over behind the curtains where the instructor is doing the routine out of site of the audience.

missed ya, PittGirl, soon to be best friend of david conrad. glad you’re back!

12. Still A. Fan
    July 24, 2007 10:44 pm

oh, and forget what’s in the kmart bag….to me it’s all “you went to KMART?”. doesnt he have people to handle this stuff for him? couldnt he stop at a mall and go to the Disney Store for chist’s sake? if this ends up on a brown’s fansite…we should have him punished for his transgression. KMART? you’d think he’d at least be a target guy?

13. Meg
    July 25, 2007 10:11 am

Jeff Reed, barbies…wow
    I think he’s trying to get a little Owen Wilson on with that hair,

14. DW
    July 25, 2007 4:51 pm

Didn’t the guy in Silence of the Lambs stage Barbie’s in poses?

I’m just sayin’…

15. Julie_Gong
    July 26, 2007 10:23 am

I’m sure he went to Kmart because no one in Latrobe goes to Kmart now that Super Walmart has come to town. Less people to deal with. I mean I would only recognize him if he was showing the top half of the peen.

16. TRUTHTELLER
    July 27, 2007 1:46 pm

At least he was much more attractive in the peepee shot. Can he get any fuglier or freakier, honestly?!