Random n@.

1. The Staal brothers got arrested in freakin’ Minnesota where they were attending what seems to be one rowdy-ass bachelor party. Jordan got arrested for underage drinking (WHEN are they going to lower the drinking age in America? My God, if you can die for your country you should at least be able to drink legally before you go off to war.)
His lawyer, a genius, said:

“It’s nothing,” Curran said. “It’s ridiculously nothing. Eric and Jordan and [their brother] Marc had gone to bed.”

Heh. Yes, the cops went into bedrooms and woke sleeping people to arrest them for disturbing the peace with loud behavior. Man, those Staal brothers must snore like rocket boosters.

I bet the Staal brothers are SUPER fun to hang out with, eh?

2. Somehow, probably because I’m a bad bad parent, I missed my blog’s second birthday earlier this month. The Burgh Blog is now two-years-old. Here’s hoping it doesn’t start throwing its milk at me because I forgot to CUT THE CRUST OFF OF THE GRILLED CHEESE, DAMN IT!

3. Those celebrity ties? Yeah, Lukey’s sold for a whopping $30! Go Lukey! Move forward with yo bad self.

Dan Onorato’s went for $50, Bob zzzz Casey’s for $40, Kevin McClatchy’s for $30, and Bob Nutting’s went for a whopping $21.

4. You need to read this and if you don’t laugh, take a good long look at yourself and ask “Why am I so dead inside? Does Bob Nutting have something to do with this?” Also, I fully expect a Carbolic entry along the lines of “Mayor hires efficiency expert who promptly eliminates his own position.”

1. Dave
    July 26, 2007 10:48 am

Welcome back…your presence was missed….

2. Lauren
    July 26, 2007 10:52 am

$10 says the whole lot of them was out mooning cars at 4 a.m., hence the “harassing motorists” claim. I think that Jordan just wants to meet Lindsay Lohan and needed an excuse to go to “rehab” to do so : )

3. Rachel
    July 26, 2007 10:55 am

Hmmm…

I went to Bloomsburg University for a year, and a few nights in the dorms, kids were woken up (from their beds, mind you, not from the middle of parking lots), breathalysed, and handed underages accordingly.

So really, I’m bitter, and although I’m sure that the fact they were sleeping was not the case in this situation, I’d believe it if it were.

4. SeanCollier
    July 26, 2007 1:49 pm

And I didn’t even share the low, low price that someone dished out for Jim Roddey.

Just so it doesn’t look like we failed completely, Rod Stewart went for $450, Jay Leno for $275, Dan Rooney for $250, George Steinbrenner for $225, Jim Krenn for $165, Ted Kennedy for $150, etc.

5. Kelli
    July 26, 2007 3:28 pm

I think I love the fact that Jimmy Krenn went for more than Teddy Kennedy.

6. NY Luvs Pitts
    July 26, 2007 4:03 pm

Aaaahhhh, the terrible two’s. Happy Birthday Burghblog.

7. lynne
    July 26, 2007 5:09 pm

I bet Anthony is looking sharp in his new Dan Onorato tie!

8. O
    July 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Dammit! You’re right: I missed the low hanging fruit.

9. Anthony
    July 27, 2007 1:45 am

Yes Lynne, I’m up to my armpits in hot chicks thanks to my Onoratie! All I need now are the googley eyes.

10. TRUTHTELLER
    July 27, 2007 12:50 pm

Did anyone else notice he wants to make performance measurements “transparent” to the public. Seems like code for “we are going to develop a way to make it impossible for the public to know what the hell we are doing with all of their money?” WTF – am I reading that wrong?